Sign in to follow this  
Guest meekal

Banking

What are your FSUIPC settings? The default setup is x events per second, I found it has to be changed to 1 event per x seconds. Just a thought. With enough dampening, I can watch the winds change direction/velocity and the heading will slightly adjust but it is not apparent unless you look for it; and this is with ASX or the default download updates (I prefer ASX).

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi , Dan, an early test. I have uninstalled the last version, and installed an older one 747 PAX V7.1R1 and 747F V10R2, and everything is OK. Climb, cruise...like a charm, again. Maybe someone from the developers can help.Best.Miquel Egea.

Guest meekal
Hi , Dan, an early test. I have uninstalled the last version, and installed an older one 747 PAX V7.1R1 and 747F V10R2, and everything is OK. Climb, cruise...like a charm, again. Maybe someone from the developers can help.Best.Miquel Egea.
I don't think one flight last evening makes for a trend, but it was smooth as silk. I did take out the Cold Front weather theme and put in Clear Weather. Maybe that was the issue as suggested above. She descended too late so I had to do a 360 but that is a separate point!I will monitor this banking issue carefully because I would like to find a solution to it. It spoils an otherwise brilliant sim.Do I understand correctly that unless you have a registered copy of FSUPIC you cannot put in any weather because the FSX engine cannot handle it? That still does not explain how all my other sims, a huge collection of them, and the defaults, have no problem whatsoever. Meekal

Guest PPSFA
I don't think one flight last evening makes for a trend, but it was smooth as silk. I did take out the Cold Front weather theme and put in Clear Weather. Maybe that was the issue as suggested above. She descended too late so I had to do a 360 but that is a separate point!I will monitor this banking issue carefully because I would like to find a solution to it. It spoils an otherwise brilliant sim.Do I understand correctly that unless you have a registered copy of FSUPIC you cannot put in any weather because the FSX engine cannot handle it? That still does not explain how all my other sims, a huge collection of them, and the defaults, have no problem whatsoever. Meekal
I had this happen on one flight and its not done it again. I have no idea what caused it, just wanted you to know it does happen to others, just not consistantly. I fly with 'RW' weather as well.

That still does not explain how all my other sims, a huge collection of them, and the defaults, have no problem whatsoever.
Well, it does ..sort of .. at least it points to a highly plausible explanation.If for example this 747 has ratio of drag coefficient (front, side,rear)/weight modeled differently (better?) than other aircraft then its reaction to a very quickly changing wind will be different. If my theory is correct then a heavier aircraft will be more susceptible to it than a lighter one. Like Dan said above - there are only 2 solutions - flying with 0 wind or having registered version of FSUIPC. I wonder about this new weather product REX how well behaved it is.