Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GSalden

Which Addons Work In Vista 64 Bit Without Issues ?

Hi all,This weekend I intend to switch from Vista Ultimate 32 bit to 64 bit.To prepare everything I have downloaded all 64 bit drivers for my hardware.Now I would like to know what addons are compatible with Vista 64 bit and if there are issues or not.And if there are issues what solution is available or not.Feel free to post addons and compatibility in this thread.I wil start with :- MyTraffic 5.2- Ultimate terrain X- Flight environment X- Active Sky X- Active Graphics X- Proflight Emulator- PMDG 747- PMDG MD-11- Real Environment Xtreme- Ground Environment X- FsDesign 3.51- Shockwave 3d lights

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I can confirm 64Bit functionality of the following.- MyTraffic 5.2- PMDG 747However, patching MyTraffic with the integrated communicator does not work for me, as I havent managed to apply writing rights to the folder.That is no 64Bit but a Vista problem though.

You might want to make a list of addons that DON'T work in 64 bit. There is a huge majority that DO.

Working :PMDG 747UTXMyTraffic 5.2Also a list of not working addons or addons with issues would be usefull.

- Ultimate terrain X -US, CAN & Europe- Flight environment X- Active Sky X- Active Graphics X- PMDG 747- PMDG MD-11- Real Environment Xtreme- Ground Environment X- Shockwave 3d lights All these work for me with Vistax64. I also would recommend taking a look around here for some x64 streamline tips! http://www.blackviper.com/

Hi all,This weekend I intend to switch from Vista Ultimate 32 bit to 64 bit.To prepare everything I have downloaded all 64 bit drivers for my hardware.Now I would like to know what addons are compatible with Vista 64 bit and if there are issues or not.And if there are issues what solution is available or not.Feel free to post addons and compatibility in this thread.I wil start with :- MyTraffic 5.2- Ultimate terrain X- Flight environment X- Active Sky X- Active Graphics X- Proflight Emulator- PMDG 747- PMDG MD-11- Real Environment Xtreme- Ground Environment X- FsDesign 3.51- Shockwave 3d lights
The real secret to V64 is NOT using C:\Program Files (x86)\ for installing your app to. If you use something like C:\Program Folders\ instead UAC won't get in the way and none of your files get hidden in the virtual store. If you do install to C:\Program Files (x86)\ all you have to do is turn off UAC (which is a good idea anyway) and create a shortcut to the virtual store files, so that you can access files faster.