Sign in to follow this  
toothjockey

Pmdg 737 Ngx Wish List

I would think retrieving a METAR from Active Sky would be possible, but it would depend on versions (AS) and development from both teams. Those without AS would be left out, but Ground Environment Pro worked with AS in FS9, so it could happen I guess. How much would it benefit a sim pilot? Not much since the sim is often incorrect at displaying METAR data, then comes the TAFs and WX changes in route.I'm sure I could think of lots of things, but to keep it simple, my request for now is a realistic marker sound. This is found in the Leonardo Maddog 2006 and I'm sure Ryan (Tabs) has/had this add on. As you over-fly a marker, the sound increases then decreases, as in real life. Maybe an unusual request, but I had asked for it in the MD-11 too and think it sounds cool. I don't have the MD-11 in FSX, so I don't know if they ever implemented that feature.As for complex coding, I'd love to see the TAWS and WX-radar you find in other products simulated here. I know the PMDG position on WX radar, but it's still nice to see something. I think the Digital Aviation WX radar works well. And the Reality XP TAWS is a work of art.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Hi guys,with the 737 NGX next in line for release I also hope to see the implementation of some of the newer features that can be found on the real 737NG these days.I'm thinking about the following in particular:- Option to select the Short field performance package (SFP): Different flap load relief, different flap/slat sequencing- Integrated Standby Flight Display (IFSD)- Vertical Situation display (VSD) on the lwer part of the ND - PFD Navigation Performance Scales (NPS)- Multi-mode Navigation Control panel iso the older VHF nav control box- Radio Tuning panel iso of older VHF Communication panel- Center tank Boost Pump Auto Shutoff systemIt would also be nice to have the option to choose between track or heading up in the PMDG options for the ND orientation if possible.Reading through all the positive reactions about the MD11 on the forum, I'm quite sure the new NG package will be excellent!Cheers,Sylvain

Download my repaints at AVSIM.

AMD Athlon 3800+ X2 - MSI Geforce 7600GT 256Mb - 2 x 1Gb OCz DDR Ram - Western Digital 250Gb - MSI K8N NEO4 FI - Windows XP SP2 - FS2004

Guest Shane Walker

I vote for movable sun visors in VCThe md-11 has them in the worst spot ever, and it would be neat to use them to actually block the sun, just like real flight crews do!Thanks

Sorry to revive old thread but I think I have some pertinent information about the Southwest. It is based on a long article in the most recent issue of Aviation Week & ST (Dec.15). The article describes big changes coming to the Southwest 737 fleet. Southwest wants to be know as a "green" airline - they embark on a $175 mln to train their pilots in use of auto-throttle, VNAV and primarily RNP approaches. They partnered with Naverus to develop RNP approaches to every single runway where Southwest flies -it will cut down on fuel and noise around airports, they will start with Dallas Love Field and Houston Hobby airports. All 215 737 "classic" will be retrofitted with glass cockpits.
Further to that,I never understood why SWA "toned down" the NG operations. The systems are right there, why not use it. However with that said VNAV, and RNP will work amazing for them. At the NG operator I work for (WestJet) we were Naverus's "testbed" for RNP approaches. We employ them in almost every domestic airport, and have been doing so for well over two years.Ive flown several RNP approaches in our CAE 737-700 Sim, and they certanly are "green". I flew an RNP in to runway 35 in Kelowna, which normally would have required a full runway 15 NDB approach in a tight mountain valley, with a circle to land opposite runway. The RNP started at T/D at about 70 nm "base leg" for runway 35 the approach brought us through a mountain valley, and a large final turn quite close to a mountain thats situatated at about 10nm final. We didnt line up with the runway untill about 3nm, which is due to terrain avoidence. The really cool thing was from T/D to about 5nm final, the throttles were idle, and I was told that the RNP's are designed that way. The only downside is these RNAV approaches change and requre lots of tweaking on Naverus's part. And these procedures are often confusing to ATC believe it or not.

Guest fencer88
Hi Shane,(...)I never understood why SWA "toned down" the NG operations. (...)At the NG operator I work for (WestJet) we were Naverus's "testbed" for RNP approaches. We employ them in almost every domestic airport, and have been doing so for well over two years.Ive flown several RNP approaches in our CAE 737-700 Sim, and they certanly are "green". I flew an RNP in to runway 35 in Kelowna, which normally would have required a full runway 15 NDB approach in a tight mountain valley, with a circle to land opposite runway. The RNP started at T/D at about 70 nm "base leg" for runway 35 the approach brought us through a mountain valley, and a large final turn quite close to a mountain thats situatated at about 10nm final. We didnt line up with the runway untill about 3nm, which is due to terrain avoidence. The really cool thing was from T/D to about 5nm final, the throttles were idle, and I was told that the RNP's are designed that way. The only downside is these RNAV approaches change and requre lots of tweaking on Naverus's part. And these procedures are often confusing to ATC believe it or not.
(...)I never understood why SWA "toned down" the NG operations. Re : SWA, I think the idea for SWA was to standardize and have the same cockpit/display configuration for the NG and the classics in order to simplify training and procedures(...)Re : RNAV to KelownaI suppose you've then watched the (excellent) Just Planes/worldairroutes DVD on the West-Jet 737-600. It has many interesting simulator sequences and one of the flight deck sequences shows a real RNAV approach to Kelowna.BrunoLFPEPS : my first attempt at a regular ILS landing in Kelowna was...not my finest hour in flight simulator :(

Guest fencer88
Where exactly is Kelowna, and what is the code for it (eg YSSY, KLAX, etc)?
Hi,In Canada. CYLW. Get a good coat and some honey (for the bears...)Bruno

Both KBUR and KPSP (Burbank and Palm Springs Calif) have nice RNP approaches for the 737 too. Terrain a factor in both cases. I've modelled them to high fidelity, available in my sidstar collection.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest europa346

For me there are somethings that i think that are essential:1

Guest Matthias1975

- WIDESCREENVIEW with real pilots perspective then :( - oil and hydraulic fluids have to be refilled (like it

Guest Proflig8tor
- WIDESCREENVIEW with real pilots perspective then :( - oil and hydraulic fluids have to be refilled (like it

I hope that PMDG keeps all the current options available in the new NG, such as cockpit configuration per airline (e.g., Glass EFIS or Map DUs), as I really like the older EFIS style better. CWS is a great feature too, even though not many use it or like it. Ability to change color of LCD colors in MCP. I liked all these options.Another new feature I would like is for the trim wheels to move in VC and sound more often as they do in real life.. http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&...hl=en&emb=0Windshear warning activated by a certain fluctuation in airspeed. ASA has simulated WS, but I haven't really experience it yet. I know the PMDG postition on WX radar, and figure WS might fall under the same guise, but simulation is simulation.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest fencer88

Hi,For the NG 2.0, I also would like ...a tractor for pushback. While not absolutely essential, it looks nice and adds to realism. It's always weird to see a plane move in MSFS without being towed or pushed. At least one of PMDG's competitor has one and it does look nice.And having the developper's own tractor insures there would be no problem with interface (btw, I don't know if a stand alone tractor add-on exists and one does exist, how it interfaces with the plane).Yeah, I definitely want a tractor for Christmas (or before...) ! :( Bruno

Guest mvc340

I also want a WHEATER RADAR for christmas!!!!!what do you think?

Guest Shane Walker
Re : RNAV to KelownaI suppose you've then watched the (excellent) Just Planes/worldairroutes DVD on the West-Jet 737-600. It has many interesting simulator sequences and one of the flight deck sequences shows a real RNAV approach to Kelowna.
Bruno, indeed I have seen that DVD. In fact the first flight WJA168 YYC-YVR was filmed back when I still worked on the ramp here at WJA. I was the ramp lead for that flight, and can be heard communicating to the flightcrew for the pushback and start. :(. A good flightsim buddy of mine, is in charge of maintaince for the simulator. And to be honest its more enjoyable doing short haul flights with bad weather RNP approaches etc etc, then it is to do V1 cuts, and engines out. However for the DVD it is neat to see how that stuff is handled, even if it is in the sim.
my first attempt at a regular ILS landing in Kelowna was...not my finest hour in flight simulator
What approach were you using, 99% of the time it should be runway 15, as thats a run of the mill standard ILS approach. 33 is where it gets interesting if you dont have the RNP approaches :)