Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Carl Hackman

Active Sky Advanced

Will users have the option to use FSUIPC as the interface in FSX, rather than SimConnect? It still appears FSUIPC has a far superior handle on the FSX wind anomalies.What are the improvements over AS6 when running FS9?RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Bob,1. No, with FSX the interface is SimConnect.2. There is a beautiful comparison chart at the new web site!Thanks,

Very exciting! I look forward to it coming out, especially for FS9. The PIREP feature looks interesting too, if I understand it correctly.

Hello. I run FS9 and I had a couple questions. Do I understand correctly that AS6.5 has a graphics package, yet the new ASA does not have one, you must also purchase XGraphics? Also, will there be a price drop on AS6.5 once the new ASA is released?Thank you.

Hi, you don't need XGraphics, simply use them from AS 6.5 or Flight Environment. As far as I know there will be upgrade paths available for AS 6.5Jan-Paul

Hi,Correct, ASA is going to be a weather engine only. For FS04 you can use the texture package that is a part of ASv6.5. For FSX, there is X Graphics and other texture programs available. This discount will be for ASV6.5 owners who wish to purchase ASA. I really can't say if ASv6.5 will have a price drop. Also remember that X Graphics will not work with FS04.Thanks!