Sign in to follow this  
StoneC0ld

Official 2009 Check-in

Hi GuysCount me in. Flies almost everything but helo's :)BRGDSSven

This is Windryder - My new nic here on Avsim Forums is : MrZetaI use that on youtube for my music, horse, flightsim, and other misc videos...Just wanted to say hi again to all the regulars and a WELCOME to the new recruits - get ready for long hours !Thanks for info on the Hawker - I tried that model in FS2002, and found it to be slower than the P-51 and P-47; even the P-47 isnt the greatest plane but as for alternate aircraft to fill in, it's kool we have some warbird fliers here.I been tweaking my settings abit to understand aircraft handling in FS9; they seem more realistic than FS2002, but some models are not very good. We can post info on the Freeware thread - I expect to be there alot !So far here is what I am looking at for me (all freeware)P-51HawkerP-47P-38AvantiF4U7 - Just playin around with itDefaults: (Note that these will be a requirement !) Beech 350 Ford Tri Motor - The FS9 version seems to actually work for me !I will keep you all informed as to my progress !BG

Howdi Flight Simmmers...!First Happy Holidays !Second, I am finally getting all my new operating systems setup - will have Vista/FSX to play with later (!), and just got back in on my Xp system that is a fresh install. Eventually I will have a second computer for all my surfing needs, and my gaming computer, the one I am on now will not be a surfer for the most part (!); good-bye to viruses off websites, the way gaming should be !My new system BTW will be 2.6 quad, just a tad faster then Svenks; also has 4 gigs ram, and vid card is PNY9500; with the small amount of players I too could provide a VPN backup, however I would rather not, as it is my only system; but it is an option; my connection is 768K DSL, a slight downgrade but could handle 5+ or so players.Finally, I need private forum and Teamspeak info if someone would PM that info to me; thanks !I will be ready to fly again soon!Just as a sidenote my realname is Blake and will be signing my first and last initials in posts.Glad to be back and see the crew !BG

Checking in for this year's race! Should have loads of time the coming months. :(

Basten Heidema

Checking in for this year's race! Should have loads of time the coming months. :(
Was this your username from last year? Or, what was your username here on Avsim last year? I don't remember off the top of my head, and just want to make sure we didn't already add your old username to the RTW group before adding your new one... (ie. if I need to have your old one removed or not :()

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

I didn't fly in the 2008 race but I was there during the 2007 event using an other username.My old username was something like Basten_TFF754 not completely sure though

Basten Heidema

I didn't fly in the 2008 race but I was there during the 2007 event using an other username.My old username was something like Basten_TFF754 not completely sure though
Ok, I only browsed my way back to the 2008 race to make the list of members to add to the rtw group, I know I didn't put anything starting with Basten*.... I'll send the request to add you now...

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Just Adding A Note To My Aircraft Qualifications:I plan on being proficient in:FSIM Defaults For The Most part:Beech 350Ford Tri-motor (I can now fly this in FS9 !)The high wing Cessna's, 208 and the floatDef 747Avanti Freeware - I still need flight time in it and htis year I will know if I can qualify in it.I hope to be fully practice ready in another week, will have 2 computers setup for FS9 ready to go, and will start practice flights on them asap.Nice to see new (to me) people back !BG