Sign in to follow this  
buzzbee

Practice Part 8

Practice #8Through Africa and up to LuxembourgAfrica was a Subsonic Jet Continent last year with 700NM limits. We must land in Burundi.FMCH - HTDABegin JetsHTDA - HBBA HBBA - FZJH Jet LegFZJH - HSFS Jet LegHSFS - HLKF Jet LegHLKF - HLGD Jet LegSomewhat Shorter Legs for practiceHLGD - LICP LICP - LIRPLIRP - ELLX

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Guest Gary Buska

I have the baton from HTDA to HBBA Will fly using the default King Air

Guest Gary Buska

Baton is free at HBBA sorry dummy me deleted the log by mistake :( :(I made a night landing here it was kind of cool I was also running on fumes when I landed this is just about max leg for the King Air

Baton is free at HBBA sorry dummy me deleted the log by mistake :( :(I made a night landing here it was kind of cool I was also running on fumes when I landed this is just about max leg for the King Air
Have the baton from HBBA to FZJHEmbraer ERJ-190 LR

Travis.png?dl=1

TravisYou need to upload the Duenna by using the upload commands in the forum just down under the text box where you type.In the Duenna Text file, you will see the path of the jpg and the duenna.Other than that - looks good.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

I have Baton FZJH - HSFS In the Section F8 F-86

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Baton Back at FZJN Need to bail out on the leg tonight.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Batton left at FZJH
You also do not need to take an extra screenshot of the Duenna output window. The Duenna creates a .jpg and .txt file in the OUTPUT\<date> folder, which is located in the folder you installed the Duenna to. Just attach these 2 files to your post using the attachment editor below the message box. :)You can then open the dropdown box labelled "Manage Current Attachments" and click the button to include ONLY the image in the body of the post (I believe it's the leftmost of the 3 icons). You don't want the text of the .txt file in the body of the message, just the image.

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Guest Gary Buska

I have the baton at FZJH I will try to get it right this time

Guest Gary Buska

Baton is free at HSFS now let me see if I can get this right now. I have no idea what the error is. Ignore the log at the bottom it is a old log I could not figure out how to delete it

Guest Gary Buska

I figured out what the problem was, the Duenna thought I had the crash detect turned off I can assure you it was on I wondered why the realism light was red and not green. I checked all settings and re started the duenna but it was still red. After the flight was over I shut down FS and the Duenna and restarted both now it is fine. I hope to pray this thing is not going to be like BOTAOne question do you have to fly the flight using the real time in that area trying to land at some of these airports at night is going to be hard sine most of them do not have lights. Like HSFS I could not even see it at all I used daylight settings.

I figured out what the problem was, the Duenna thought I had the crash detect turned off I can assure you it was on I wondered why the realism light was red and not green. I checked all settings and re started the duenna but it was still red. After the flight was over I shut down FS and the Duenna and restarted both now it is fine. I hope to pray this thing is not going to be like BOTAOne question do you have to fly the flight using the real time in that area trying to land at some of these airports at night is going to be hard sine most of them do not have lights. Like HSFS I could not even see it at all I used daylight settings.
Hi Gary,The Duenna determines stuff like realism settings by reading from the FS9.cfg, but FS9 doesn't write the new settings to the file until it exits. So if you're settings are wrong and you change them, you need to restart FS9 so that the changes are written to FS9.cfg. Edit: To answer the other question, in the race all legs must be flown in real time, but during practice it doesn't matter.Btw, how did you make that box with the "Reason for edit" text?Edit 2: Just looked at your flight log. The reason it was invalidated wasn't that crash detection was turned off. It doesn't clearly say so in the log, but I assume the error is because you landed 7 hours before you took off :(

GaryWe do have to fly when it is dark and land on dark unlit runways. Sometimes in bad weather. This is a relay race, so if a leg looks like it has a tricky landing or will be at night on an unlit runway, we get someone that is confident taking that leg.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Guest Gary Buska
GaryWe do have to fly when it is dark and land on dark unlit runways. Sometimes in bad weather. This is a relay race, so if a leg looks like it has a tricky landing or will be at night on an unlit runway, we get someone that is confident taking that leg.
I forgot about the fs9 cfg file not changing. I sometimes turn off crash detection when I am flying a new aircraft I thought that if I changed it before I started the Duenna it would be ok I now know that will not work. I have made landings on unlit runways before but I could not see anything at all. I have a idea I think I will go to the destination airport and see if there are any hazards to deal with if not I can use the gps to land with it is tricky but can be done .