Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

Flight1 Ultimate Traffic Ii

Simon.I did it exactly in the sequence you mention to get my SDK to work properly. When I mentioned "previous versions of sdk", at each of the three steps you mentioned, I installed SDKs.However, after each of three steps, I did not do anything with sim connect. But sim connect is unusable atleast for AS at the end. AS requires SP1 sim connect.Manny
Hi Manny,So as far as you know the SDK is installed to the acceleration level and that is working, but SimConnect is not as evidenced by Active Sky?FSX has the notion of side by side interfaces, meaning you can have multiple levels of the SimConnect interface installed (e.g. RTM, SP1, SP2). When an add-on targets a particular SimConnect version, it just uses that version even if it is not the latest. SuperTrafficBoard is desgined to look at all the side by side interfaces that are installed, and always use the most recent. FSUIPC can do the same, and I dare say there are others too. Sometimes the side by side interfaces don't get installed properly. I have no idea why, but a few STB customers endrf up in this situation and were all fixed by installing the Simconnect clients from the SDK. Normally these are intended to enable Simconnect on a remote PC (like FSUIPC WideFS), but they can be used to fix problems in deployment on the FSX PC too.Try installing these and see what happens. The latest version of the client corresponding to your SDK version may be found in:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\libOlder versions, such as those for SP1 that might help ASX out are in:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-SP1The installer is called SimConnect.msi in each case. When you install these they are very quiet, but they do get installed nonetheless.

Hi Manny,....Try installing these and see what happens. The latest version of the client corresponding to your SDK version may be found in:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\libOlder versions, such as those for SP1 that might help ASX out are in:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-SP1The installer is called SimConnect.msi in each case. When you install these they are very quiet, but they do get installed nonetheless.
Simon,THANK YOU!That did it. I just had to install the SP1's sim connect. I didn't have to uninstall anything. Phew!THANK YOU THANK YOU.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter