Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

29dec08: Fs9 Md-11 Release Update

Thank you for the update, I can now stop looking at the forums everyday until January. With the MD-11 down I just gotta wait for the A380 and then its on to wait for FS11 since I'm bypassing FSX. BTW, does PMDG take debit cards or just credit?Alex

Thanks Robert,I'm looking forward to the new MD-11 to add to my other PMDG Products. I would rather wait a little longer to have a product that works as close to the real one as possible than to get the product too quickly and not work correctly. I'm glad to hear that your team is working dilegently to work out all the problems. I hope it's frame rate friendly. Ken.

I am so happy that PMDG and some of the other professional developers have not abandon us few poor FS9 users. I am not switching for so many reason to FSX (VISTA). During this financial crisis time in the world what sells rules (its call keeping a job) There is STILL a market for FS9 products regardless if it is outdated. Carl P

Guest HeavyMetal

Johnny. I couldn't have said it with any more enthusiasm. Like you. I have too much time and money invested in add-ons for FS9 to kick it to the curb for a sim that is a dog at best on my computer.

Guest pegase
To all of you who have been waiting patiently (or impatiently!) for the PMDG MD-11 to appear in FS9, the wait is nearly over.
I belong to the second category of waiters ;) Anyway, I appreciate your decision to postpone release as long as you can improve it. we don't buy a release date but a plane.Probably you missed some Christmas/New years orders. Your decision to release when fully ready is then the third proof I have of your honest professionnalism. (the two proofs i already have are my 747-400 and 737NG)Whatever is the current position of your MD-11 for FS9, it is already cleared to land on my HD ;DHappy new year to all

Guest FlyReal

Thank you for the update =) At the begning I was very impatient but now over waiting a long time i get more patient and thats good ... thank you anyway =)Happy new year :(

Guest TSE

CaptainsLike for many of you, FS9 is the platform of choice for me due to performance and add-ons installed but I guess some folks here are taking the "FS9 is outdated" statement a bit too personal.Let's face it - FS9 is outdated in terms of todays standards - the sim is now 5+ years old.I can only imagine the extra effort PMDG puts in to provide us with a worldclass add-on for a dual FSX/FS9 platform. I fly the MD11 now for 2+ months and I am still amazed of how far PMDG raised the bar with this bird. All that Capt. Rob is trying to tell us is that it is technically very challenging for the crew to provide the same level of realism in FS9 - they went the extra mile for us and we will get a fantastic add-on for FS9.In addition, the recent poll FSX vs. FS9 in the forum I'm sure was for a good reason - the result of the poll is clear and PMDG being a commercial company would be - sorry - drop dead stupid if they abandon FS9 support in the near future.This will not happen.I wanted to skip the FSX era completely but the MD11 changed that as I knew I could not sit out the FS9 release and instead of posting here about release date every second day I installed "the enemy" and gave it a try.My rig gives me 21000 in 3DMark06 plus my CPU is a QX9650 oc'd to 3.6 GHZ - still FSX was a big challenge.But the PMDG MD11 is very much optimized for performance offering a few nice options to tune FPS.In the meantime I have invested enough time and tweaked FSX to my liking - the 11 is now very well flyable, plus as a side effect I learned a lot about my system during the past 2 months and how to improve performance even further.More and more add-ons are being released - and let's face it - most of them look better in FSX than in FS9 due to the superior graphics engine (f.e. compare the FS Dreamteam Scenery in FSX vs. FS9...)The last frontier is the weather, Hifisim just raised the bar with ASA which has huge potential and after a patch or two this will be the breakthrough we were all hoping for.So in short - FSX deserves a chance - it's really all about the time you are willing to invest to bring it to life. The real issue is not the sim itself but our lack of user patience to tune it plus being too much in love with the FPS counter.Cheers to PMDG and all MD11 skippers, looking forward to try the bird in FS9.ThanksJoerg

Guest GAMER
CaptainsLike for many of you, FS9 is the platform of choice for me due to performance and add-ons installed but I guess some folks here are taking the "FS9 is outdated" statement a bit too personal.Let's face it - FS9 is outdated in terms of todays standards - the sim is now 5+ years old.I can only imagine the extra effort PMDG puts in to provide us with a worldclass add-on for a dual FSX/FS9 platform. I fly the MD11 now for 2+ months and I am still amazed of how far PMDG raised the bar with this bird. All that Capt. Rob is trying to tell us is that it is technically very challenging for the crew to provide the same level of realism in FS9 - they went the extra mile for us and we will get a fantastic add-on for FS9.In addition, the recent poll FSX vs. FS9 in the forum I'm sure was for a good reason - the result of the poll is clear and PMDG being a commercial company would be - sorry - drop dead stupid if they abandon FS9 support in the near future.This will not happen.I wanted to skip the FSX era completely but the MD11 changed that as I knew I could not sit out the FS9 release and instead of posting here about release date every second day I installed "the enemy" and gave it a try.My rig gives me 21000 in 3DMark06 plus my CPU is a QX9650 oc'd to 3.6 GHZ - still FSX was a big challenge.But the PMDG MD11 is very much optimized for performance offering a few nice options to tune FPS.In the meantime I have invested enough time and tweaked FSX to my liking - the 11 is now very well flyable, plus as a side effect I learned a lot about my system during the past 2 months and how to improve performance even further.More and more add-ons are being released - and let's face it - most of them look better in FSX than in FS9 due to the superior graphics engine (f.e. compare the FS Dreamteam Scenery in FSX vs. FS9...)The last frontier is the weather, Hifisim just raised the bar with ASA which has huge potential and after a patch or two this will be the breakthrough we were all hoping for.So in short - FSX deserves a chance - it's really all about the time you are willing to invest to bring it to life. The real issue is not the sim itself but our lack of user patience to tune it plus being too much in love with the FPS counter.Cheers to PMDG and all MD11 skippers, looking forward to try the bird in FS9.ThanksJoerg
I have nothing ageist FSX, it is a valid point many simmers have spent hundreds of dollars in addons only to start over again, oh and you need a new computer too. That is a major leap for many, with that said, if I had the money to do so yeah I would do it, but with the major investment in hardware and to totally start over buying addons for an entirely different simulator. I am glad PMDG had the foresight and were willing to put the effort into catering to the FS9 captains and there are still many of us. I don't see jumping totally to FSX until computer hardware comes down in price, of corse by then then there will be a new sim that requires a NASA computer to run it, so it is a constant arms race. I will wiat till FS 12 to upgrade again.Michael P.

The fact is that FS9 is a very outdated platform, and it offers very severely limited capabilities when compared to FSX.
Hi!... Well call it outdated but fs9 is giving better frame rates,and for me that means an overall better gaming experience.Fsx may look better but it sure doesn't perform better.I'm more interested in performance than looks.Thank you for developing both versions,can't wait to get my hands on your MD-11!David

Guest GAMER
Hi!... Well call it outdated but fs9 is giving better frame rates,and for me that means an overall better gaming experience.Fsx may look better but it sure doesn't perform better.I'm more interested in performance than looks.Thank you for developing both versions,can't wait to get my hands on your MD-11!David
FSX is the VISTA of flight simming.Michael P.

Guest GAMER
sigh.....here we go again :(
It doesn't really matter as long as you enjoy the hobby and that is all that matters, everyone flys what ever sim they can afford.

Thanks Robert for the update.Now the whole PMDG Team,Enjoy New Year's Eve, have fun, relax, have some Jeremiah Weed ;) Happy New Year everyone.Cheers,Kamil