Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveS

FS9 MD-11 APU sound

First off, this is probably the best airliner ever for MSFS. I was just wondering if it's just me or is there is no external APU sound for this plane?...my earplugs need some use while performing my walkaround :( !Thanks, Dave S

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You know i have wondered this too. Sometimes in the FSX version I can hear the engines running, even when they are off. And other times i don't hear anything at all for APU. These may be fixed with the the Update.Peter Osborn

Here is the fix.. Go to your PMDG menu and select options/sound. Put a check in the outside sounds option. This worked for me..

Hi all,On certain soundcards there is an issue of engine sounds playing when they are not running (FSX) - when this happens just press "Q" twice to reset the sounds.As for an APU sound - we tried to implement this but it is difficult to add a custom panel sound which only plays back in the external view. We will try to implement this in a future service update if we can overcome this issue.Thanks,Armen

I don't believe that the real MD-11 pilots could here the APU from the Cockpit.

Forget the APU from the cockpit - you can barely hear engine 2 !!! :( This is only about the APU in the external view.

I had the a similar problem with the Grumman Goose. I would hear the engines at full power when I was at idle after switching views. Sound more like an FSX thing than MD-11.