Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest chris_1981

MD-11 yoke: not in good position (compare to real)

Hi, As you can see on the screenshots and on the real picture, the yoke, rudder pedals and gray bay between the rudder pedals should be placed more to the right.The hole picture of yoke, rudder pedals should be symmetrical with the vertical red line in the middle.Especially on the captain's side it needs some adjustment in my opnion.(The preset viewpoints you provide DO have the vertical red line as a reference and this is OK, but when you move the yoke forward you see that it is not in the middle of your line of sight and that's not right)On the first officer's side the displacement is a little less, but could still be moved a little left.Also, I think that the height of the yoke needs to be a little higher.......Please fix this in a future update!!!Christiaanfsscr064.jpgfsscr065.jpgMcDonnellDouglasMD-11Swiss.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Christian,thanks for using my photograph as a comparison ;)In my opinion there's nothing to be fixed here, I've stared at the VC dozens of hours, (Vin can tell you about that ;) ) and I think it's all fine here, position and hight of the yoke. Note that it's not always possible to compare things based on pictures only so if you've never been in the real pilot's chair you might get the wrong impression.Regards,Markus

Don't know what you mean Bryan?Markus
I think he thinks it's a performance chart of some sort? You know, the top-secret kind.-stefan

Please fix this in a future update!!!Christiaan
Hi Christiaan,The yokes are in fact centered in the VC to the rudder housing. Also as far as height is concerned, the yokes are modelled to be precisely 60.5 cm from the floor to the top of the column, just as it is in the real aircraft.Best,Vin ScimonePMDG

Vin and Marcus,I think I have to disagree with you. I did spent some time in the real cockpit (in a hangar) with a friend and filmed around the cockpit.In the pictures (screenshots from my film with the yoke exactly in the middle) you see that the yoke is not linedup with the middle of the PFD but it is lined up with the right part of the PFD.And as I said earlier: the MD-11 standard viewpoint you provide does have the right part of the PFD in the middle when you look exactly forward, but the yoke is left of this line! The yoke is lined up with the middle of the PFD.The viewpoint you provide is correct, because the under side of the FCP/EIS panel line is between the two white lines of the F/O side .So the conclusion is: the yoke on the captains side has to be moved to the right, so that it lines up with the right part of the PFD (in other words: that it lines up with the forward line of sight in the standard viewpoint)Please look into this!!ChristiaanIMG_7453.jpgIMG_7457.jpgIMG_7455.jpg

Hi,Can someone of the PMDG developers comment on my last input?Because the rudder housing in the VC is lined up with the middle of the PFD and this shouldn't be!The rudder housing (and therefore also the yoke) should be lined up with the right part of the PFD This becomes very clear when you look at this screenshots:-the red line in the under part is the line when you look straight forward (when using the viewpoint you have provided) RESULT: yoke is left of this line-the red line in the above part is the line of sight you get when you move the viewpoint to the left RESULT: yoke is in the middle, but viewpoint incorrectI'm so persistent because I fly the VC all the time and the forward view is the view you watch the most. It has to be right.(In the 747-400 the yoke is also lined up with your line of sight!!)So I repeat: in my opnion the whole of the yoke/rudder housing/rudders should be moved some what to the right, so that the yoke is lined up with the red line (in the under part of the picture) Christiaanvergelijk-1.jpg

So I repeat: in my opnion the whole of the yoke/rudder housing/rudders should be moved some what to the right, so that the yoke is lined up with the red line (in the under part of the picture) Christiaanvergelijk-1.jpg
Out of curiosity.. what difference does it make one way or the other? You don't fly with the yoke in the VC.. and if you're like me and most other people, you click on it in order to get it out of the way. So I ask you... what difference does it make? :( Alex

Out of curiosity.. what difference does it make one way or the other? You don't fly with the yoke in the VC.. and if you're like me and most other people, you click on it in order to get it out of the way. So I ask you... what difference does it make? :(
I agree. The whole thread is as ridiculous as someone's insistence that pilot's head from the exterior view is too large in the PMDG cockpit.

I just wish we could remove it completly on the MD11 & 744Rob

ok, okIt is an option to click on the yoke to get it out of the way. You're absolutly right!Don't get me wrong: the MD-11 virtual cockpit is the best to this day!! Christiaan