Sign in to follow this  
Guest totomagic

Real MD-11 Routes

Guest firefoxxx

Anyone for the Finnair's FIN5 leg EFHK-KJFK? Looking for today's plan. It's departing 12:20Z time from EFHK. Hope I can get one!

You dont have anymore World Airways routes do you with departure times any help would be greatly appreciated .Lee Marrow

@Totomagic : an idea how airlines calculate their CI? It's been asked before in this thread I noticed. I was hoping, since you're sitting right on the money :-) you'd be able to find out?I did find this PDF from Boeing: http://www.boeing.com/commercial/aeromagaz...07_article5.pdfAlso just found this:we also use cost index for our MD11 fleet. And it's definitely worth. The cost index is set by the flight dispatcher depending on the actual flight time calculated initially with constant Mach-number. If the calculated flight time leaves room for reduced speed we set the cost index low (lowest CI is 30!) .EDIT2:Cost index is a made up figure, which when input into the FMC is used to calculate ECON speed. The higher the cost index number, the faster the aircraft flies. Basically, the company decides on the cost of keeping the aircraft in the air, and includes all sorts of costs such as crew, aircraft operating costs, fuel etc.. They then decide whether they want the aircraft to fly faster or slower and adjust the cost index as needed.For example, on the 744s at Cathay, we normally use CI-80. On certain flights, where the connection time is tight in Hong Kong for passengers, they might flight plan a CI or 250, or 500. This makes the aircraft fly faster. On the other end of the scale, CX255 leaves HKG at 00:45ish, and cannot arrive before 6am due to curfews at Heathror. a CI-0 is used to make the aircraft fly slower. Beyond around 500-600, it does not make a difference what you input, because the aircraft cannot fly faster, and will obviously not deliberately overspeed the aircraft, but a figure up to 9999 will be accepted by the FMC.The airline cannot tell an aircraft to fly a certain high or low speed, because that speed will always be different at different altitudes etc.. By giving the FMC a CI, it works out the best fast or slow speed to fly based on the conditions at the time.It's a little hard to understand, and hopefully I have not confused you too much!!

Guest nzch2010

Oppps ! I bumped it Rolling%20Eyes.gifJulian Evans

Are there any up-to-date flightplans for the MD11?? I've been around with KLM too much now and want to change to some cargo routes,just to be with the MD11s :(

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Are there any up-to-date flightplans for the MD11?? I've been around with KLM too much now and want to change to some cargo routes,just to be with the MD11s :(
www.flightaware.comwww.flightradar24.comBig%20Grin.gifcheers,

www.flightaware.comwww.flightradar24.comBig%20Grin.gifcheers,
Thanks a lot :DOh and another question, do the cargo operators have certain routes for their a/cs (such as MD11s) ?

Hoang Le

P3D v5

Thanks a lot :DOh and another question, do the cargo operators have certain routes for their a/cs (such as MD11s) ?
I don't understand the meaning of the question but, yes, they have.They fly certain routes everyday, also them have a schedule for the flights...every route flown by a specific a/c (not always, but usually)On Flightaware.com you will find a lot of FedEx and UPS MD11 routes...Cheers,

I don't understand the meaning of the question but, yes, they have.They fly certain routes everyday, also them have a schedule for the flights...every route flown by a specific a/c (not always, but usually)On Flightaware.com you will find a lot of FedEx and UPS MD11 routes...Cheers,
Sry for the un-clear question but your reply was exactly what I was asking aboutBig%20Grin.gif So they are the same as the passenger a/cs

Hoang Le

P3D v5

Sry for the un-clear question but your reply was exactly what I was asking aboutBig%20Grin.gif So they are the same as the passenger a/cs
Maybe the routes are not the same but, for example, Fedex fly everyday a KMEM-KPHL route with MD10, and Delta does the same route for passenger...The airways/waypoints can change, in real life it's usual that the FP changes everyday for NOTAMS, RAD, weather, etc...But on Flightaware you can find real routes that can clear your question...Cheers,

Maybe the routes are not the same but, for example, Fedex fly everyday a KMEM-KPHL route with MD10, and Delta does the same route for passenger...The airways/waypoints can change, in real life it's usual that the FP changes everyday for NOTAMS, RAD, weather, etc...But on Flightaware you can find real routes that can clear your question...Cheers,
Thanks a lot I got it now :DThe diffculty I have left now is finding the WOAI Fedex package :( Which is soo important to me as I don't want to be alone in the middle of KMEM

Hoang Le

P3D v5

Torsten, you are a piece of gold. Thank you for the flightplans and for the explanation. You made my day

Good Day 

Can any one tell me Please where does the Route start and where does it end   i am new with this Crossing the Pond and i would like to use these routes BUT How  ???  ^_^

many thanks