Sign in to follow this  
Guest ALT370

Incomplete VC?

Guest ALT370

Hi,I have installed the MD-11 for fs9 a few days ago and wondering if there are missing frames at the windows. I saw the picture in the tutorial and there I could find frames at the side windows in the vc.Also I observed that no windows are there with any reflections. Looks a bit incomplete to me. I know that reflections were discussed but compared to the 747 it seems to be an older dated add-on.And I hope that in this very good detailed add-on the "INOP" label will be removed soon from the WX Radar panel ;-)Thanks for any response on these points,Kind regards,Axel Huttemann

The FS9 MD-11 VC has been cleared of superfluous objects in order to keep the VC within FS9's strict polygon limit. Such items are in the FSX version VC because the polygon limit is much higher.The weather radar is INOP because there is no way to make a realistic WX radar in FS. Simply put, the data required for a weather radar simulation does not exist in FS and therefore any attempt to make a weather radar simulation must rely upon unrealistic methods to extrapolate (imprecise) weather data from what little FS does provide. Any WX radars you may have seen in FS are not true simulations but rather rough, and often incorrect, estimates. Because of this PMDG decided to not model the WX radar and instead spend the development resource saved on making the overall simulation more in depth and realistic.

I'd think the frame around the window can be done w/ change in the VC bitmap texture. No window reflection compared to the 744 does take a little away from the enclosed feeling in the huge flight deck. But design tradeoffs had to be made so that's ok, too. Pat

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Guest ALT370

Thanks for your comments so far,well, didn't know about the correctness of a WX radar in FS.And about my question regarding the empty window frames, am I right that I have seen a picture of the VC that was made in FSX where the VC is a little bit more detailed at the windows?Regards,Axel.

Thanks for your comments so far,well, didn't know about the correctness of a WX radar in FS.And about my question regarding the empty window frames, am I right that I have seen a picture of the VC that was made in FSX where the VC is a little bit more detailed at the windows?Regards,Axel.
Alex, What do you mean by missing window frames? Can you post a screenshot indicating the problem?

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Guest ALT370
Alex, What do you mean by missing window frames? Can you post a screenshot indicating the problem?
Hello Michael,I have attached the sreenshot from my FS9 and the other picture is a picture from your screenhot site. I assume it's FSX. There it is well to see that the black rubber or whatever it is is missing. In my opinion it looks a bit naked. Or even incomplete.Thanks for your help,Regards,Axel.

Hello Michael,I have attached the sreenshot from my FS9 and the other picture is a picture from your screenhot site. I assume it's FSX. There it is well to see that the black rubber or whatever it is is missing. In my opinion it looks a bit naked. Or even incomplete.Thanks for your help,Regards,Axel.
The VC of the FS9 version has certain things removed to save on resources. The areas you are indicating are one of them.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest ALT370
The VC of the FS9 version has certain things removed to save on resources. The areas you are indicating are one of them.
Oh, ok, thought something like that. Possible to get an optional update where this is included? I could imagine that there are high end pc that can handle this but that are not powerful enough for the MD-11 in FSX. Just an idea.Will try the FSX soon with your MD-11 but I can imagine that I will be disappointed by a slideshow.And by the way, didn't want to critizise your add-on at all negatively, it's a great one.Regards,Axel.

Oh, ok, thought something like that. Possible to get an optional update where this is included? I could imagine that there are high end pc that can handle this but that are not powerful enough for the MD-11 in FSX. Just an idea.Will try the FSX soon with your MD-11 but I can imagine that I will be disappointed by a slideshow.And by the way, didn't want to critizise your add-on at all negatively, it's a great one.Regards,Axel.
The FS9 MD-11 VC has been cleared of superfluous objects in order to keep the VC within FS9's strict polygon limit. Such items are in the FSX version VC because the polygon limit is much higher.

I don't believe it is a performance issue, more of a polygon count issue in FS9. FS9 is limited in how many polygons can be in the VC model, so PMDG cut out extra stuff including the flashlight and such, and other non-essential eye candy things. Apparently window frames fell into that list too. So I'm guessing it's rather unlikely that they'll be able to put it back, as it wasn't taken out for performance, but more so that the plane was at/under the polygon count limit imposed by FS9.-stefan

Can