Sign in to follow this  
bobbyjoh

New KDEN version 2 scenery framerates.

Is it just me or is everyone else getting horrid frame rates with the version 2 of KDEN scenery? I have a 2gig P-4 chip and a G4 128 vid card with 512 on the ram and still get less than 3FPS with this updated version.

Eric 

No your not the only one. I landed and tried taxing to the gate I thought I was stuck in a thick bogg of mudd.The crux is that it doesnt have as much detaial as Simflyers.Hopefully the author will read these post.

Well, I just read in the readme that came with it that he is doing a GMAX version 3. Until then, DEN is off the sked. Cannot even land there without a slide show effect.

Eric 

I stopped using that scenery in the first version because of the performance so for now I am using the Denver scenery from this location.http://www.avsim.com/hangar/utils/gwidup/dia2002.htmlJohnP4 2.53Ghz, ASUS P4S8X Mobo, 512Mb Ram PC2700, G4 MX 440 AGP, SB Live, Win98SE, (2) 80GM Maxtor 7200 RPM drives.

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

http://www.avsim.com/hangar/utils/gwidup/dia2002.htmlGary's scenery is great and unless someone can top him in the framerates department, I won't look at any other scenery for Denver...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

To all,Sorry to hear some of you are having problems with the Denver v2 scenery which I designed. :-(Early on when I was fist considering this update I thought it would be great idea to add the new 16000' runway. In my attempt to add more realism to the airport I have added more heartburn than realism. In the early tests there seemed to be a frame rate problem with the flatten area around the new runway, after a month of testing and fiddling with it I thought I had finally made the frame rate acceptable. Apparently not.The only fix I can suggest is to delete the new runway and taxiways. This can be accomplished by deleting or renaming the following BGL's RW16R34L.bgl, Taxiways.bgl, Smth1.bgl and Smth2.bgl. The afcad entries however need to be removed manually. Please let me know if this doesn't resolve your porblem. My email address is in the readme.txtAs someone mentioned SimFliers has more detail. I can't compete nor do I even try to compete with any other designer. I do this for fun just like flight simming. Good simming :-)Harald KrauseCentennial, Colorado

Well just to make Harald feel better :-( and be the odd one out here, I get better frame rates with Harald's KDEN than Gary's.I have both sets of scenery, both with the version 2 upgrades and have removed an reinstalled each one 3 times now to make sure my fps readings are correct.Parked at the threshold of 34 in the default Cessna, spot view and look towards the terminal I get something like 12fps with Harald's scenery and and 3 with Gary's.As I slew towards the terminal buildings Gary's does improve to 4fps while Harald's hardly changes.AMD XP1800, GF3 Ti200 64MB card, 512MB RAM.No changes to display settings between the tests.Don't ask me why we should have opposite frame rates :-hmmm Rgds

Vulcan,Thanks for that, At least not everyone is having a problem. :-) The main FPS killer that I have found has been AI. The more planes the worse the frame rates.Harald

Harald,Running AI at 50% or less still will give good frames at your scenery.Bob