Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dicko

FSBuild with FSX and Pmdg Products

Can anyone share their experiences, positive or negative using FSBuild with FSX and 747-400X and MD11. I alredy use FSCommander but am looking at FSBuild.Thanks in advance

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The only reason I use it is to create simultaneous flight plan files for both ASX (uses .pln files) and PMDG rte files. The user interface is pretty clunky, and the NATS routes are seldom the same as I get from the jcs website... but, take my feedback with grain of salt. I prefer building my own flightplans rather than automating it because it is an integral part of my preflight planning.

The only reason I use it is to create simultaneous flight plan files for both ASX (uses .pln files) and PMDG rte files. The user interface is pretty clunky, and the NATS routes are seldom the same as I get from the jcs website... but, take my feedback with grain of salt. I prefer building my own flightplans rather than automating it because it is an integral part of my preflight planning.
Thanks for your imput Dan

All in all very good to use Andrew, you can paste routes into the box if you want to put in a proper route, has it's moments on occassion - route goes off to the other side of the globe lol but as always check the route. Can delete any nasties so all sorts itself out.Handy as well for those flights where the star is not so easy to deduce.Think it's only static nats in the program so you'd have to find the day current ones if you like to be more precise. Only thing is, set the prog up, save the optioms, close and rerun. (if changing between fs9/fsx plans).It does give a distance and alternate as well, handy features. Great help on fsbuild site too as well as navdata about a week after the navigraph one is released.Well worth the small expense imho. I'd be lost without it lolJohn Ellison

Can anyone share their experiences, positive or negative using FSBuild with FSX and 747-400X and MD11. I alredy use FSCommander but am looking at FSBuild.Thanks in advance
I agree with the rest of the folks. The best part is being able to generate a flightplan from a route for both PMDG (.rte) and .PLN file (I need it for Radar Contact) with a single click. However, using the GUI to create a flightplan is not a user friendly experience and very tough on the eyes. When I first got it, I was expecting a FSNavigator type of a user interface (may it rest in peace) but not even close. It does serve its purpose though for generating multi-format flight plans quickly.Zach
I agree with the rest of the folks. The best part is being able to generate a flightplan from a route for both PMDG (.rte) and .PLN file (I need it for Radar Contact) with a single click. However, using the GUI to create a flightplan is not a user friendly experience and very tough on the eyes. When I first got it, I was expecting a FSNavigator type of a user interface (may it rest in peace) but not even close. It does serve its purpose though for generating multi-format flight plans quickly.Zach

MY issue with FSC is that you cannot alter the flight plans it creates.You can with FSB but it's butt ugly.

MY issue with FSC is that you cannot alter the flight plans it creates.You can with FSB but it's butt ugly.
Combination of FSB and FSC is the solution for me. First I create the plan in FSB and then review the plan in FSC.