Sign in to follow this  
Guest adam_uk_wmids

ATC model, type and callsign

Guest adam_uk_wmids

I'm getting ATC refering to my aircraft as 'Experimental' from time to time - which is quite perturbing if taken literally!! I'm aware of the causes of this in FS9 and FS2002. However, after a search of the net I am unable to find a list of valid default atc callsigns, models and types for FSX (I'm not interested in creating my own sound sets for ATC, just making the most of what is already there and eliminating 'experimentals!)?Does anybody know if these exist anywhere?Furthermore, do they work in exactly the same way in the aircraft cfg files? I have had a look at some of the default MS aircraft configs and they don't seem to use atc_model or atc_type? << I have attached an old Excel file I scrambled together years ago which was for FS2002 with all the valid call signs, models and types (apologies to the guys who carried out the origional work in decompiling the files to obtain these, I didn't keep a record of your names for credit). Most of these work for FS2004 also, which is why I kept it. Does anybody know of any similar list for FSX?Thanks all,Adam

I'm getting ATC refering to my aircraft as 'Experimental' from time to time - which is quite perturbing if taken literally!! I'm aware of the causes of this in FS9 and FS2002. However, after a search of the net I am unable to find a list of valid default atc callsigns, models and types for FSX (I'm not interested in creating my own sound sets for ATC, just making the most of what is already there and eliminating 'experimentals!)?Does anybody know if these exist anywhere?Furthermore, do they work in exactly the same way in the aircraft cfg files? I have had a look at some of the default MS aircraft configs and they don't seem to use atc_model or atc_type? << I have attached an old Excel file I scrambled together years ago which was for FS2002 with all the valid call signs, models and types (apologies to the guys who carried out the origional work in decompiling the files to obtain these, I didn't keep a record of your names for credit). Most of these work for FS2004 also, which is why I kept it. Does anybody know of any similar list for FSX?Thanks all,Adam
They work pretty much the same way. Most of the MS default AC are missing some entries in the aircraft.cfg file. For example atc_parking_code, atc_airline under fltsim.xx entries. The atc_model and atc_type are in the General section of the aircraft.cfg. Or at least should be.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest kwilson

I don't know whether there is an actual list or not but I use editvoicepack (www.editvoicepack.com). This program is used to edit the voice packs and allows you to create your own names for airports. One thing you can do with it is find out what ALL the phrases are stored in the voicepacks and used by FS ATC. There is pretty much one for every aircraft ever made, you just need to find the right code to put into the aircraft.cfg file and editvoicepack will help you find that code.

Guest adam_uk_wmids

Thank you both for your replies.I had missed the lines in the general section of the cfgs, so thank you for directing me to those!I was trying to avoide using edit voice pack, simply because at the moment my atc does work albeit the occassional experimental... I have a habit of clicking on options to see what they do and am therefore fearful of installing something that would allow me to break my atc and result in yet another reinstall!! However, getting access to the lists sounds useful. I do have FSX only - when I moved from FS9 I rebuilt my rig pretty much from scratch and so no longer have my FS9. I see on the edit voice pack website that an FSX version is in the pipeline, but with no fixed release date as yet. However, you are on the FSX forum and so I am wondering if you are using edit voice pack on FSX? I think I remember reading that this is possible but that you need FS9 installed initially in order to do so?I apologise if I am asking a repeat question, but I HAVE already searched the forum (and have to say that the search engine leaves something to be desired!) to no avail.Adam.

Guest kwilson

I haven't got around to putting editvoicepack on my FSX system yet so I don't know if it will work with the FSX voicepack.Just having a look now at the voicepack file (USEnglishbig.gvp). In FS9 this is in the sounds folder, in FSX it is in the Sounds/ATC folder. What you could do is create a dummy Flight Simulator 9 folder with a Sounds folder and copy (I repeat COPY) USEnglish.gvp into it. This may well work with editvoicepack (provided there have been no changes to the voicepack from FS9 to FSX and only the location it is stored in has changed). I'll have a try and see what happens and get back to you later.

Guest kwilson
I haven't got around to putting editvoicepack on my FSX system yet so I don't know if it will work with the FSX voicepack.Just having a look now at the voicepack file (USEnglishbig.gvp). In FS9 this is in the sounds folder, in FSX it is in the Sounds/ATC folder. What you could do is create a dummy Flight Simulator 9 folder with a Sounds folder and copy (I repeat COPY) USEnglish.gvp into it. This may well work with editvoicepack (provided there have been no changes to the voicepack from FS9 to FSX and only the location it is stored in has changed). I'll have a try and see what happens and get back to you later.
Well, had a go at this and I don't think EVP will work with FSX. First off I had trouble installing EVP as it needed .NET framework version 1.1 . I have version 3.5 (I think) so I don't know what was the problem there. I ended up just copying the installed program from my old computer to the new. I was able to load the voicepack by copying it from FSX to FS9 and I could read the models and types. I couldn't save it though.Just for reference the FS9 voicepack is about 200MB in size and the FSX one is 210MB so there must have been a few additions in FSX.

Well, had a go at this and I don't think EVP will work with FSX. First off I had trouble installing EVP as it needed .NET framework version 1.1 . I have version 3.5 (I think) so I don't know what was the problem there. I ended up just copying the installed program from my old computer to the new. I was able to load the voicepack by copying it from FSX to FS9 and I could read the models and types. I couldn't save it though.Just for reference the FS9 voicepack is about 200MB in size and the FSX one is 210MB so there must have been a few additions in FSX.
There is a FSX Beta version of EVP that works very well, although not an official release. It's on their development Wiki Page. Link is on the FS Edit Voice Pack website.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

First of all, there's no reason for any "fear" since EditVoicepack will automatically make a backup copy of your default .gvp file. That is the only file that's affected...Secondly, the EVP FSX beta works perfectly in FSX. The only thing which cannot be done in the FSX beta version is create "new" words or phrases. For that function, you would have to use the FS9 version and then either save out the "new stuff" and Import into the FSX version, or...simply compile in FS9 version and copy/paste the new .gvp file to FSX.One of the real benefits of the FSX beta version is that you have the choice of "three speeds" for voice playback: normal, 2x and 3x...I use the 3x speed and it's a H U G E improvement!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

simply compile in FS9 version and copy/paste the new .gvp file to FSX.
That actually works?I have yet to get the FS9 version to work. It keeps saying it won't open because it can't find the FS9 registry or whatever.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

That actually works?I have yet to get the FS9 version to work. It keeps saying it won't open because it can't find the FS9 registry or whatever.
Do you have FS9 installed? If not, then EVP won't open 'cause there's nothing to open...

Fr. Bill    

Do you have FS9 installed? If not, then EVP won't open 'cause there's nothing to open...
There are two ways to answer this question, and I could go technical if you'd like. First way, no, I do not. Second way, the more technical way, no, however, I do have FSX, and it came with a file called FS9.exe. On Edit Voicepack's support forums, they provided a link that could repair the FS9 registry as a result of another user posting there, stating that their FS9 registry became corrupt. I went to this link and found the registry repair program, so I downloaded it and attempted a repair. I selected FS9 registry repair, and the only file it allows me to look for is FS9.exe. I selected the one found in my FSX folder, click OK, and it said the registry repair was successful. I checked, and it wasn't. I don't know if it's a result of my using Windows Vista with Vista being overprotective or whatever. Bottom line, it still didn't work.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

The FS9 file in your FSX folder does not mean you have FS9 installed. You will notice a file for 2002 and 2000 also and they are only a few kbs. You are going to have to have FS9 installed somewhere so that you can modify the voicepack file so that you can install it into FSX. What plane is ATC calling experimental? Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

The FS9 file in your FSX folder does not mean you have FS9 installed. You will notice a file for 2002 and 2000 also and they are only a few kbs. You are going to have to have FS9 installed somewhere so that you can modify the voicepack file so that you can install it into FSX. What plane is ATC calling experimental?
As far as I'm aware, none of them. I wasn't the one having that problem. I'm just trying to get a few callsigns in.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Bottom line, it still didn't work.
As I stated already. If you don't have FS9 installed, there's no files for EVP to open!EVP has to open the FS9 version of the USEnglish.gvp file. It it is not there, it can NOT be opened...If the file is present, it will be opened and EVP will allow you to make modifications as desired. When the compiler is run, it will save the resulting .gvp file in the FS9 folder path......which you may then copy/paste to your FSX installation.Once you've got the revised file installed in the FSX folder path, then you may launch the FSX (beta) version of EVP to enable any of its advanced features.

Fr. Bill