Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HoratioWondersocks

Lee hetherington TCAS problem(i am going bonkers)

Hello AllThis week i have had a nightmare computer problem i.e i could not log onto the internet.One minute PC was fine and i could get internet access,but an hour later (having touched nothing)i could not get on-line and that's how it stayed for two days.Error 720 I HATE YOU.I solved the problem with a simple system restore after messing about with.....phone calls,trying a new modem,trying every dammed thing.Anyway i have new frustrating problem.All this messing about with system restore whilst getting me back online again has mucked up something in FS9.A large percentage of my aircraft have been fitted with Lee Hetherington's tcas gauge(which performed with no problems prior to my system restore ,but now when i try to start FS9 in my FS9 user account it wont start at all ,and if i start it in my normal user account it will run but if I try to load any aircraft that has the LH tcas and I switch to 2d panel ,down goes fs9 ,I can view the aircraft in spot,tower etc but 2d equals fs9 crash, I know its something to do with the TCAS because the error message said something like 'ilh_tcas 'blurby blurb anyway I had my suspicions confirmed when i altered a project airbus panel cfg to temporarily disable the TCAS and the aircraft loaded and would display in 2d panel mode without crashing the sim.I have tried to re-install Lee's tcas as per instructions but no joy in 2d panel the sim crashes.I f anybody can make any sense out of that lot have you any ideas how I can solve solve this frustrating problem.cheers Andy

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Could be the system restore did something to mess FSUIPC up (the TCAS gauge uses FSUIPC). You might try deleting the FSUIPC.ini file and letting it get rebuilt, or perhaps reinstalling/reregistering FSUIPC.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Could be the system restore did something to mess FSUIPC up (the TCAS gauge uses FSUIPC). You might try deleting the FSUIPC.ini file and letting it get rebuilt, or perhaps reinstalling/reregistering FSUIPC.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO
Thanks BobI seem to be getting things back in order at the moment.I removed my Aircraft folder completely from FS9 created a new one within the sim and began to re-install aircraft one by one, like wise the third party gauges that I use testing each in turn to see if i could find the offending gauge but i had no issues with any of them including Lee's Tcas .One thing i did do was to download and re-install just the gauges from Ken Mitchels A320 and 747 panels and a 777 panel that i use in a large amount of my aircraft just in case somehow during my System Restore a gauge had become corrupt or missing.(all this is guesswork of course)Any way to round up I did complete a three hour flight (LFMN - LGAV) with no lockups or CTDs and Lee's TCAS functioning with no problems so fingers crossed I have solved the problem.FSUIPC seems to be OK although I haven't the most recent version.Thanks for your reply I was slightly surprised that the mighty massed brains of AVSIM came up with no other ideas.Cheers Andy

It will not work in FSX... :(