Sign in to follow this  
Johnny767

Custom Engine Sounds

Folks: Does anyone knows where can I get engine-sounds for the PMDG MD-11. The curent (orignal) engine sounds are too faint and somewhat unrealistic at times. I love the sounds on the 747; no need to change. But, I believe the sounds on the MD-11 needs lots of improvement.Thanks,Juan Gonzalez

Are you serious!???? I think the MD-11 is the best so far!!!! :( :(

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Does anyone knows where can I get engine-sounds for the PMDG MD-11. The curent (orignal) engine sounds are too faint and somewhat unrealistic at times. I love the sounds on the 747; no need to change. But, I believe the sounds on the MD-11 needs lots of improvement.
Juan,the sounds on the PMDG MD-11 have been reproduced with an extreme attention to realism and are recordings from the full flight simulator taken and processed with high-end equipment. This is how the real aircraft sounds. If you find that unrealistic I'm afraid you're way off with your judgment. I assume you've never flown on the real flight deck of an MD-11 if you say that the engines are too faint, well that's how it is on the real aircraft. The only time you really hear the engines is at engine start-up and take-off. Once CLB power is set and airspeed increases the engine sound is extremely faint.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Juan,the sounds on the PMDG MD-11 have been reproduced with an extreme attention to realism and are recordings from the full flight simulator taken and processed with high-end equipment. This is how the real aircraft sounds. If you find that unrealistic I'm afraid you're way off with your judgment. I assume you've never flown on the real flight deck of an MD-11 if you say that the engines are too faint, well that's how it is on the real aircraft. The only time you really hear the engines is at engine start-up and take-off. Once CLB power is set and airspeed increases the engine sound is extremely faint.Regards,Markus
It's one of those things, most people fly economy so expect the engines to sound a certain way. If you fly Jumpseat or first class you will notice the aircraft sounds totally different. I used to fly jumpseat on the A340/A330 a lot and it makes the most amazing sound when sitting well in front of the engines, but sit at the back and all you hear is the typical roar. I remember flying out of heathrow with my father in command on the A340ATC gave them a no speed restriction as the aircraft accelerated to 320 knots all you could hear was the wind hitting the windsceen. Rob

Rob Prest

Yeah I have noticed that you recorded the 747-400's sounds off the simulator, because I went in a 747 simulator (It is definately the best experience I have had) and they sound exactly the same (with the update) I dont have the PMDG MD-11 yet but I am buying it soon because I am saving up for it.Alexei :(

Folks: Does anyone knows where can I get engine-sounds for the PMDG MD-11. The curent (orignal) engine sounds are too faint and somewhat unrealistic at times. I love the sounds on the 747; no need to change. But, I believe the sounds on the MD-11 needs lots of improvement.Thanks,Juan Gonzalez
?????! :( / Leffe

Really Guys ??? Hummm.. Well that's right, I have never flown on an MD-11. I've only heard it from the outside; and they do sound very "manly" :( So, I was expecting to hear it loud.. you know like every other big guy-- regardless of the "make and model."In-any-case, I' think I prefer more roar and more bass-- I like when my cheat starts pounding... :( B) :( Juan Gonzalez

Really Guys ??? Hummm.. Well that's right, I have never flown on an MD-11. I've only heard it from the outside; and they do sound very "manly" :( So, I was expecting to hear it loud.. you know like every other big guy-- regardless of the "make and model."In-any-case, I' think I prefer more roar and more bass-- I like when my cheat starts pounding... :( B) :( Juan Gonzalez
Juan,If you want louder engine sounds you can always increase the sound slider for the engines in FS, but as as already been said, this is an aircraft where the engine sounds are almost imperceptible from the flight deck. Having them louder is your choice but it IS unrealistic. Your call.Mark

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hi Juan,It sounds like you are using the FS9 version? The FS9 external soundset is far inferior to the FSX version - this is because of the limited functionality available in FS9. All we can do in FS9 is create one sound mix for a given N1 thrust value which means regardless of what position you are around the aircraft the sound always remains the same - this applies to any FS9 aircraft.However in FSX, MS added the new 3D sound cone surround technology and we have taken advantage of this to provide a complete 360 degree surround soundset which means as you move around the aircraft all the engine sounds vary according to the realistic characteristics of the aircraft - so if you want that bass heavy roar even at idle when you walk around the back of the aircraft then FSX is what you need to go for.Hope that helps.

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Guest CX355
Have you attempted to load the PMDG engine sounds from 747 into MD-11. I would suggest doing that if you like the louder 747 engines. I have done this with other acrft at times. It is a very simple process. Vincent

As has been stated here, the engine sounds in most of the larger commercial jets are almost impossible to hear from the flight deck in lfight, as the wind rush across the nose is far louder... you cannot compare the sound to the outside or economy section normally behind the wings...For my fix of MD turbofan, I switch to outside view a little, particularly while spooling up for taxi ;)Love that whine...Andrew