Sign in to follow this  
rosariomanzo

Problems with air system

HiToday I have made two flights with the same problem.As you can see in the picture below, taken while climbing after takeoff, this is what I get with the automatic air system:AUTO.jpgPacks and bleeds are off.If I manually switch the packs and the bleed, everything is fine:MANUAL.jpgHow can I make the autosystem wotk correctly? It's the first time I have this kind of trouble.Thanks in advance for any help.

Ciao!

Rosario Manzo, IT

As you can see in the picture below, taken while climbing after takeoff, this is what I get with the automatic air system:Packs and bleeds are off.
With your PMDG MD-11 came a very good manual: 7 pdf's with all information about flying the MD-11. If you want to know why the bleeds and packs are off I suggest you read about the air systems in the Systems Manual. Especially page AIR.10.11 and 12 are very interesting.

It is normal for air packs to shut off during T/O power, but they should come back on after reduction to climb power. Does this happen?

Dan Downs KCRP

@CapP: thank you for your sarcastic and unuseful reply, i have already red the manuals.@Dan: thanks, I know it is normal during t/o power, but that situation protracted during climb and for all the flight endurance. No way to give again control to the automatic system. Even on ground, after landing, coming back to a cold and dark situation, using ground connections before and APU power after, no way to use automatic system again. The system started to work again as it should after a restart of the simulator.Thank you very much for your kind attention.

Ciao!

Rosario Manzo, IT

Could you post some screens of the SD's and the AIR synoptic?EDIT: are you saying it's a one of bug and never happened again?Rob

Rob Prest

No way, not able anymore to riproduce the problem. It has happened today for the first time, never had this problem before.Thank you.

Ciao!

Rosario Manzo, IT

Were you flying a saved flight or was the flight created? I'm wondering if somehow the panel state was corrupted. Glad to hear you can't reproduce it but it is a nice puzzle.

Dan Downs KCRP

@CapP: thank you for your sarcastic and unuseful reply, i have already red the manuals.
Let me explain my sarcasm: you clearly stated "while climbing after takeoff". Well, in that phase of flight it is just normal the packs&bleeds are off. Only in your second post you mention that the airsystem stays off during other phases of the flight. That off course is not normal and such a report should be replied to without any kind of sarcasm. So now I know that it's not only during the takeoff climb, I do apologize for my sarcasm.

Were you flying a saved flight or was the flight created? I'm wondering if somehow the panel state was corrupted. Glad to hear you can't reproduce it but it is a nice puzzle.
I started from the default flight.I have used ground communications for power supply and pushback. I'm starting to think about some errors of mine during the same procedures I do since I got the MD-11...Anyway, will let you know if it should happen again. Now I'he just taken off for another flight and everything is gone right.Thanks again for your reply.
Let me explain my sarcasm: you clearly stated "while climbing after takeoff". Well, in that phase of flight it is just normal the packs&bleeds are off. Only in your second post you mention that the airsystem stays off during other phases of the flight. That off course is not normal and such a report should be replied to without any kind of sarcasm. So now I know that it's not only during the takeoff climb, I do apologize for my sarcasm.
Just a misunderstanding, no problems for me. Sorry. :(

Ciao!

Rosario Manzo, IT

Rosario, I do not like using any add-on for default flight in MSFS (FS9 or FSX). My default flight is my preferred spot in the world (KIHA RY 26L in FSX for example) but the airplane is the ultralight and I then either load a saved flight or create a new one with the aircraft I want. This has eliminated some unexplained bugs over the past couple of years.

Dan Downs KCRP

Rosario, I do not like using any add-on for default flight in MSFS (FS9 or FSX). My default flight is my preferred spot in the world (KIHA RY 26L in FSX for example) but the airplane is the ultralight and I then either load a saved flight or create a new one with the aircraft I want. This has eliminated some unexplained bugs over the past couple of years.
Dan, i'm not using any addon on startup.Ground communications are the one on the md-11 fms.Anyway, will take care of this for the next time. Thank you.

Ciao!

Rosario Manzo, IT

Guest jibbyq

Hey,I think I have seen the same weird behavior/problem. It only happened once and I didn't try and reproduce it...but I made post here and got no response. Just figure I'd speak up so you know its happened to more than one user.You can find my original post here:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=125217&hl=Jibran