Sign in to follow this  
crvm

TOGA: need help on how to use it.

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi friends,i find that i'm unable to use TOGA during takeoff.Talking about DF737, following Boyd Barker checklist (TAKE-OFF): 1) Thrust levers to 40%N12) Thrust levers to 70%N13) TOGA activateDoing so my ac will never takeoff because it cannot go faster that 80 knots; what should i do? Can anyone please help me?BTW, both auto-throttle and FD are active before entering the active runway.Thanks in advanceLuigi ;-)

LuigiUnfortunately I don't have the DF737 so I can't say for certain but do the throttles advance past 70% N1? T/O thrust should be near 100%. 70% isn't nearly enough thrust for a t/oRegardsPaul:-cool

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Hi LuigiJust to be sure here. Are you using the TOGA button on the pedestal? The TOGA keyboard assignment for FS2k2 [Ctrl+Shift+G] does not work on the DF737! At least I never got it to work.Hope it helps

On my PSS747-400, I only use TOGA for takeoffwith autopilot & activated flight plan.Peter Sydney Australia

TOGA stands for "TakeOff/GoAround" - those are the only two times when you'd need to use it.In the DF737, as long as the autothrottle is armed, you should be able to engage it by clicking it on the pedestal window.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

I understood that i have to push that small round botton on the pedestal once 70%N1 reached but, after that, aircraft cannot reach VR at any time also giving full throttle. What i was thinking about TOGA was a command able to follow Autothrottle+FD as soon as aircraft rotates!So, what i have to do? Maybe i should give more throttle until reaching VR? Whit TOGA inserted cannot go faster that 80 knots also giving full throttle :-(Please help me. Thanks in advanceLuigi ;-)

Arm the A/T and F/D (The F/D will not effect TOGA). Set V2 in the speed window on the MCP and advance throttles manually to 70% N1 then activate the TO/GA button. What TOGA does is set "full T/O or G/A climb Thrust". It's not following anything, that's what the F/D cues are for. One more thing, don't touch anything once you engage TO/GA, sometimes people have some joystick "noise" which can cause problems like this. You can also try to not manually advance your throttles and just engage TO/GA and see if it works, then you know there's an issue. Good luck![h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. SmithSan Jose Ca[/h5][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3] [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG @ 215/545|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Randy,thanks for helping. Will give it a go in the evening.take careLuigi ;-)

I have had problems when autobrakes are set to RTO, after thrust hold is activated (automatically) about 80 kias the RTO brakes kick in and result in either slow acceleration, or none. Try autobrakes off and see what happens.scott s..

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Yessir!!!Same here, RTO autobrake ruines takeoff and keep my plase sticked to rwy rollin at 80 knots!! Will try w/o autobrake RTO.But PILOTS do use RTO option; so why i shouldn't???cheersLuigi ;-)