Sign in to follow this  
blueridgeflyer

CTD V1.20 FSX MD11

Have you tried deleting the fsx.cfg file and letting fsx build a new one?A tech at MS once told me that you should do this everytime you add a new add-on to your system, or make any major updates.I have not had to do this myself with the new version of the MD-11 but you might want to give it a try.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

At this point, I'm going to reserve my opinion of any crash-issues with the v1.2 patch as I had forgot that while waiting for the patch, I uninstalled the HiFi XGraphics addon and started using REX (textures only). Even though I've only been using non-HD clouds (1024), the REX UI will always set the MAX_TEXTURE_LOAD variable in the fsx.cfg file to an arguably invalid value of 4096. I set this value back to the standard-max setting of 1024 and completed my first v1.2 MD-11 flight from the FSDT KORD addon to KCHS, in its entirety last night. With the REX clouds and the MD-11, it was one of the most gorgeous flights I've had yet.I still want to make the same flight again with the 744X to further test the loading on my rig but this was definitely a step in the right direction. Perhaps the reservation of 4096 texture bits and the MD-11 is just enough to chew-up the rest of the allowable application-space, which if I recall correctly, is around 2GB even with a 64bit OS. The events described earlier in this thread do not act like the OOM CTD events of my FS9 days-gone-by, but more of a frozen GPU, especially when mucking-around with the FMC.At this point, I will reserve any further comments on this issue until I can finish analyzing my current status and hopefully report back a few more successful flights.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I get the ctd with the 4096 and the standard 1024 MAX_TEXTURE_LOAD argument in the cfg file.

At this point, I'm going to reserve my opinion of any crash-issues with the v1.2 patch as I had forgot that while waiting for the patch, I uninstalled the HiFi XGraphics addon and started using REX (textures only). Even though I've only been using non-HD clouds (1024), the REX UI will always set the MAX_TEXTURE_LOAD variable in the fsx.cfg file to an arguably invalid value of 4096. I set this value back to the standard-max setting of 1024 and completed my first v1.2 MD-11 flight from the FSDT KORD addon to KCHS, in its entirety last night. With the REX clouds and the MD-11, it was one of the most gorgeous flights I've had yet.

After some quality time troubleshooting my CTD issue with V1.20 of the FSX MD, it appears as though the culprit *might* be related to Airac Data. With the PMDG SIDSTARS folder & NAVDATA folders empty there are no CTDs. When populated, the sim invariably freezes before generating a CTD with the associated failure message as in Post #1. Manipulation of the FMS seems to act as a catalyst for the CTD events. A notable change is that I no longer experience problems from within the GUI as before. Again, I wish to stress that this issue seems to be germane to the latest MD version & not earlier ones. Currently I am running V1.10 without issue. The OS is Xp64Pro.

Ryan Kelly

Again, I wish to stress that this issue seems to be germane to the latest MD version & not earlier ones. Currently I am running V1.10 without issue. The OS is Xp64Pro.
I have reverted back to the earlier version before the update running the same apps in background. No more CTD. Reading all the replies and my own experience, PMDG the situation is in the UPDATE. I did enjoy the improvements and it is apparent but the original download is working so well. I wish you would have not told us the faults in the first version because now I notice them when before I did not.I can live with the first version and can wait till the update is solved. I do not plan on upating until PMDG delivers a newer update. Just to say PMDG has the only product I am willing to wait.Carl Perry

Still a FSX freeze at NTAA with vord22 approach in FSX version, not with FS9 version though.Know this was passed on, guess atill looking into this one as reported from a thread from a pre 1.2 release a while back.John E

Updating the DirectX version to the latest MAR09 release appears to have remedied the CTD issue in my case. I made the mistake of thinking that just because my copy of XPpro was DX9c compliant, that it was up to date. I just wanted to add my gratitude to the entire PMDG group for producing an outstanding simulation. Its a sentiment that seems to get lost in support threads. I have thouroughly been enjoying my moments spent with the MD11 and fully appreciate all of the work that was poured into this project. It was deffinately worth the wait.Cheers,

Ryan Kelly

Guest modeleng

Hi RyanWe allmost have the same setup you say that you have solved the screen freeze then the ctd by updating Direct x i seemed to have cured the problem by un ticking X10 Preview using the new PMDG MD11 update. Do you have X10 preview ticked with the new direct x or Not ?.Norman

Hi RyanWe allmost have the same setup you say that you have solved the screen freeze then the ctd by updating Direct x i seemed to have cured the problem by un ticking X10 Preview using the new PMDG MD11 update. Do you have X10 preview ticked with the new direct x or Not ?.Norman
Norman,I don't use DX10 Preview since I no longer use Vista64 as a FS platform. To be quite honest, it wasn't a pleasant experience operating the sim in DX10 when I ran under Vista. Im cautious about using the word solved, but updating the DX9 has yielded positive results to date. Glad to hear that you have things running well & are able to enjoy the MD11 in all of its magnificence.

Ryan Kelly

Guest ShaneRay

I'll add my name to the list as well.The below has only happened since installing the lastest update. Prior to that, no problems at all with the MD-11.When going to the fsx menu or PMDG menu, returning to the main sim causes a black screen or distorted/flashing textures. If not black screen, the VC and External model have disappeared, but I may be able to bring of the 2D panel. When this happens, the only thing I can do is kill FSX from the task manager.System:Dell XPS 420 Quad Q6600 (2.4Ghz not overclocked)Vista 644GB RAM8800 GT (512MB)Addons in use:FEX, GEX, UTX. For FEX, no large textures installed. 1024x1024 only.Again, the latest update for the MD-11 in the only variable that has changed on my system. Hope we can figure it out :)Thanks,Shane Raynard

Guest ShaneRay
The below has only happened since installing the lastest update. Prior to that, no problems at all with the MD-11.....Again, the latest update for the MD-11 in the only variable that has changed on my system. ....
Alright.I need to take what I said back :( I uninstalled anything MD-11 related, and reinstalled the release version of the plane which I still had saved (along with the 2 later updates)I then ran the tutorial (Which I'm working on since I've been away from simming and the md11 since early January).And....the same problems. So, it's not related to the latest patch as I said.Further, once I thought about it, I have made changes to my system since I first purchased the MD11 back in December. I have since followed NickN's guides to intalling and tuning FSX and the OS. I had not done these when I initally flew the plane and had no problems.So that leaves me with 4 things that I'm going to try.1) Remove the affinity mask setting I now have in my .cfg2) Remove the [bUFFERPOOLS] entry I now have.3) See if I can roll back to the Nvidia drivers I had back then (Which I think were 179.xx)4 ) Back off my sliders a bit (I'm now running at higher settings than December as NickN's tuning has allowed me to do so)Those are the 4 things I can think off that are different. The other tuning, I can't imagine having a negative effect.Also, I able to "escape" the error by CTRL-ALT-DEL. That would bring up the menu in Vista for task manager, lock etc. I would then hit cancel and the sim would return to normal. However, sometimes it would not do it on the first try but take multiple attempts. Eventually, this seemed to get everything back. Don't ask me why.Anyway, I'll try the above and report back.Shane.

Guest ShaneRay

Well, I had time tonight to do some testing.I disabled (1) and (2) above and ran the turorial flight again.To my surprise, everything worked great. I was in and out of menus and views the entire flight with no problems.However, at the end of the flight sitting at the gate, I was messing around with the traffic options and set AI to 100%. That crashed it.So, I guess I need to watch out for stress on my system with complex addons.Anyway, I seem to have corrected my problem :)Shane Raynard

Haven't used FSX in a few weeks. Last night set up the following flight planRPLL LIP1A LIP MINOR RPVKTook off and before finishing the SID (LIP1A) decided to change dest back to RPLL. So I bring up the FPLN page, click LSK1L and enter RPLL as the new dest. Crash!There seem to be a number of people reporting problems with 1.2 FMC causing CTDs.Any news on a fix for this, does PMDG even acknowledge its a bug?IMO its not "performance" related.. Im running autogen,traffic,clouds at full left on a Q6600, 4GB, 512MB Video card etc.

Matthew S

It seems like PMDG has been pretty quiet on this issue. I haven't flown the MD-11 since 1.2 came out due to FMS CTDs and the ABS bug being even worse now.-Alex

Guest BobNucs

Guys,I just purchased and received the boxed version of the MD-11 for FSX from PC Aviator (nice package, v. 1.2). After uneventful install from CD, I started FSX and experienced CTD trying to load the plane. Windows message only said Fatal Error and restarted FSX. This occurred numerous times, and I still have not been able to load the plane. To date I have rebooted the computer and updated my DirectX 9C to latest version (3/09) without any joy. I have not yet tried other remedies suggested in this forum. Obviously I can't revert back to older version.Might I have missed something during install? What remedies have others tried with most success?Computer: Gateway with Core2 Quad CPU @3.44mHz, 4MB RAM, ATI Cross Fire Graphics (2 X512MB).Thanks,Bob Schiff