Sign in to follow this  
Guest kbpilot5

FSX Contrails-Smoke Black

Guest Milan
Hey guys,Since I installed GEX Europe all my effect files are black:( The texture subfolder in the effects folder is gone. No idea how and why that happened (some secret silly copy protection

And so...how many of you have NOW made a backup of your 3.5M effects folder or your 25M gauges folder?Heck, the whole dang default install is just 13G... Why haven't you made a copy?You may be the one to need it next.Loyd

Guest Milan
And so...how many of you have NOW made a backup of your 3.5M effects folder or your 25M gauges folder?Heck, the whole dang default install is just 13G... Why haven't you made a copy?You may be the one to need it next.Loyd
I forgot :(. Please, would somebody send me texture file from effects folder? :(

Guest frankfka

hey guys, can someone send me a copy of the effect and texture too?? im desparte, im about to make a vid about FSX My eemail is jiaqq98@hotmail.com , thanks!!

Just wanted to add that I had those funny pink things too on my first FSX install and always wondered who to h... is joking around with this stuff as I couldn't point to a special addon that could cause such errors.Second FSX install (equals current) doesn't have this problem, don't ask me why because it has the same stuff installed.I asked myself for weeks where those pink balloons come from ... the answer to this riddle will be much appreciated.

Guest frankfka

you know what, im tired of the black smoke, im gonna install on another computor, ill give my textures to anyone who wants it

you know what, im tired of the black smoke, im gonna install on another computor, ill give my textures to anyone who wants it
Black smoke happens when installing newer versions of Shader Models (Bojote's one, for example).

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Wait, what?

Do forgive those of us who have not spent the last six years learning all the ins and outs,  look I don't mean to be rude but I thought I recently joined a Willing and considerate gang of like minded people, who would be Happy to share wisdom and knowledge, I mean what is my 3.5M? or my 25M Folder, where are these things, do  I have a spare 13G? I don't know  all this stuff, does that make me...... I just wanted to fly got black smoke, came here, and ? ^

Guss

Hi Guss,

This is quite an old thread, but hopefully I can help. Chances are you've got a corrupted file called fx_1.bmp. If you pm me. , I'll pass on a copy of the file along with some instructions.

Best wishes,

Jess B

Hi Guss,

This is quite an old thread, but hopefully I can help. Chances are you've got a corrupted file called fx_1.bmp. If you pm me. , I'll pass on a copy of the file along with some instructions.

Best wishes,

Jess B

Hello Jess,

Hope you have now got back your strength after the flights, you all did an amazing job, :-)  Oh and you mentioned some sort of flight Sim Event down south, Interested! I tried a suggested fix from another source and now get "Fatal Error" so might need a full reinstall, but hey why don't I pm you instead first. :D

Thanks Jess im on it

Guss