Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Saying Farewell to all...

Due to losing my patience for putting up with fools like the one that sent me this email along with a dozen others, I have decided to quit FFX/SGA as well as freelancing for the FS community. Lately I have lacked the time and inspiration to paint or work on FDE's anyway. My upcoming move to Florida also consumes much of my time.The FS community is being overrun by fools like this person and making life miserable for those of us that still try to enjoy it. At 40, I don't believe I have to put up with this anymore in my life. Maybe as a kid in grade or high school, but not anymore. Too bad this person doesn't have the balls to say something like this to anyones (let alone mine) face.Anyway, I enjoyed it all these years and I thank you all for your support and the respect that you've given me. Maybe one day in the far future if the FS world ever returns to the glory days of what it once was, I may return with an occasional project or two. But for now its time to say farewell. Thanks again!----- ------- Original Message ------- -----From: "Chex Cash" To: mike@sgair.net, erick@sgair.netSent: Mon, 12 May 2003 03:28:41Hello,I'd like to say that your DC-9-51 is considerably better than your previous two releases. The dynamics are much better (almost true to life). The only problem I can see is the flaps. The full deployment is WAY too low. I hit the flaps on the ground 5 times already. Your setting for 25 degrees is the correct landing setting of 40 degrees. What's the deal ?? Anyway, just glad to see the mike baumann finally got a ___ clue as to how to make FDE's. I was getting tired of having to replace his ___ FDE's with ones people released to correct his horrible work. I mean seriously, how did he even get on with FFX ??? The best FDE so far is the one on Flightsim.com by that retired airline captain. His is spot on, unlike the one mike did ..... I was beginning to think you guys were starting to pride yourself on making sh*tty add-ons. Glad to see you redeemed yourselves. I mean seriously, your two previous planes sucked so much ___, I gaged just trying to fly them. I mean where the hell did mike learn to do FDE's ??? From a monkey ??? I still can't see WHY or HOW mike got on to FFX, because his stuff has sucked royal ___ in the past. I was starting to think You and mike were either _________, cause that's the only way I can see a loser and a ______making FDE's by just guessing. I heard on the Avsim forum that mike made the MD-87 FDE from his memory of the way one flew. What the hell kind of______ is that ??? Just because you flew on one doesn't make you a instant professional. And if that is true, how the _____did he know how much control input made the plane bank, pitch and yaw ?? Must have ESP or something then. I feel sorry for those suckers who actually BELIEVED that mike's ____ FDE is REALLY how a MD-87 flew. You gotta be retarded to believe something mike made is the way the real deal flys, even I know that and I've only been simming for 6 months. Garbage if you ask me. Get rid of him, cause he sucks and blows. Also, there is just one SLIGHT problem with this current FDE. The retarded trim up on climb out is NOT true to life. Other than that _____ mistake by mike (AGAIN), everything looks good. But props to you Eric for a kick ____ visual model. Got some mad skills there.Peace.- Johan PfettersheileP.S. - Get rid of mike, he sucks alot of ________I'm sure the name and email address is false, so no need for anyone to try to contact this fool.mike@sgair.nethttp://sgair.net/images/member_name_banners/mike_small.jpg

Oh dear, Mike, no one should put up with that kind of ____! That is utterly discusting! I cannot believe someone would have the gaul to write such utter trash! I doubt that imbersile ever gave something worth while to the community.I am sorry to see people such as that worthless peice of scum driving you away from this hobby. Good luck with your future mate!You're a loss to the community, but I can understand your feelings on this issue.

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Unfortunately there are allot of _____idiots like "Johan Pfettersheile" in the world and in every aspect of life. You are not the first to stop because of it either. Best of luck to ya, a break might be a good thing!To bad he didn't have an address we could go to his house and do the world and society a favor! LOL Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Unbelievable.Obviously "Johan" needs to adjust his medication and attend some remedial classes as to how to behave in civilised society.I'd forget about this and concentrate on the comments from people who might actually have something relevant to say.Alastair

Amazing how one person can become an expert on how a DC9 or MD80 flies with 6 months of FS under his belt, not 6 months of simulator time in a real MD80 sim. Its too bad some people don't at least try to make constructive suggestions instead of this ____ Thanks to people like this we are losing more and more simulator products from people who provide this stuff for the rest of us to enjoy. Over on the RFP team we have a great group of guys working. I Have never flown a real 747-200, but when numerous 200 Captains said it felt very close to the real thing that was good enough for me. We had real 747-200 Pilots helping with the FDE's and testing everything as we went along. These were real 747-200 pilots by the way

I5 13600KF 5.1GHz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 12G| | MSI Z690 Tomahawk DDR4 WiFi MB | M.2 NVMe SSD"s 2X1TB/2X2TB / HDD's 3X4TB and 1X8TB | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 64 Pro 

I am not a developer but I am trying to imagine if I were and got something like that I would probably just laugh .. it is just so absurd I would consider it pure entertainment. If on the other hand I got a letter from a retired 747 captain proving that my creations were substandard then maybe it would ruin my day ...Michael J.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Human trash. Pure human trash. It's a tragic wonder that they learn to use keyboards at all. They should just stick to their blood-soaked killing games and the like and leave flight sim for those intelligent enough to enjoy it.

Guest hoonsair

Very outrageous... just ignore him.... and thank you for sharing your wonderful work!! You've done a really great job on every of your addons, obviously 'Johan' tried to solve everything with personal attacks. That is such a childish way, so Mike, you can just ignore that guy.Good Luck!!!

Guest Toni Rauch

I'm convinced that the only reason anyone would dare to write crap like this 'Johan' joke is because he can totally hide behind a fake ID etc.Tom, you and I have discussed this before. Surely there's a way to check the validity of IDs and e-mail addresses before allowing people to register on Avsim......?It's the only way to deter things like this from happening.Mike, the best of luck to you - I hope it's not too long before you can just feel sorry for the 'Johan's of this world.Toni.

Why leave because of some idiots out there? I thought it was a little funny! Don't take it to heart! You can tell this guy is a half whit! Probably 15 years old! Your 40 right? Just forget it. It only becomes an issue when you respond to it. I've had my share of nasty e-mail's as I do lots of repaints. I just delete them. I couldn't give a Shut what some half whit says!! What kinda world would we live in if everyone gave up due to some insult!Thanks for all your effort and good luck!Jet

Guest moomox

This is the kind of guy who I would throw out if he was my co-pilot. Have a nice fall! :-lolReally Mike, I think you're in the right to make a decision to step away for a while (It's happened to many of us). Collect yourself and then rejoin those of us who really fly for the true love of it. Maybe it's time for you to enjoy yourself for once and join those of us who appreciate you, just for you...I really hate to see such talent go to waste on people who don't appreciate the time and huge effort that goes into making these works of art. Hope to see you again soon!BTW-come join us sometime on BushNet... we'd love to see a new face if you haven't been there already. maybe it's time for a friendly face and to get back to basics.

Mike Johan is a 14 year old with severe personality problems. He has been a big problem at school where he suffered with attention defecit syndrome and an inability to communicate with his classmates.He was the type of guy who would take any opportunity at downing his classmates to make himself feel more important and then felt miserable because they didnt want to know him.He set the school alight so that he could get a thrill and feel important by calling the fire brigade but instead had a reprimand and now feels even worse about himself.He is a loner and hides behind his new toy "the internet" where he can get kicks by sending letters like these to easy meat targets like you Mike, knowing that the pain you will have reading it will make him feel powerful.Sad thing is that by your response you have given him his fix of what he wants.Yes he is chortling with delight at your resignation letter, you really have given him a buzz and he feels a winner..............Mike the net is full of nutcases as well as really wonderful people. All of us who are known in the flight sim world are targets to such letters every now and again.My advice....Feel sorry for the sad individual that sent it and bin it.All the bestPeter

Hi Mike,I know how you must feel.Being a freeware designer myself, there were several moments this past year where I considered "throwing the towel in the ring" because of receiving simular Emails.But on the other hand, I realised that both IRL and in the Flightsim world these idiots are just a fact-of-life and I decided to live with it and ignore them. Especially since the number of positive reactions I get far exceed this negative garbadge.Maybe my experiance helps you to put things in perspective, knowing that your work is greatly appreciated by 99 % of all other users of your work.Best Regards,Rob Barendregt

Guest JDH

Edited: watch your language --mattjWell said!! By the way, attention defecit syndrome doesn't exist, it's merely another word for {poor} parenting and upbringing.Mike, don't let idiots like this get to you, the work you have done has been hugely beneficial to the FS community.