Sign in to follow this  
Guest PPSFA

My newest bestest plane... CS 727

I shouldn't have to go out and get anything, I am paying almost $100 for an airplanethe pmdg 747 is the most amazing airplane it all respects, and its priced at the same level? does not compute
They are completely different products from different groups from different parts of the world. You can't really compare them. On a side note, the CS website states that sounds are coming with an upgrade. At release, was there no mention of the soundset not being included?
Misc Features:

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest PPSFA

The sounds that come with it are fine, upgraded sounds are just icing on the cake. Matter of fact I would bet a months pay not one in 1000 users would know what a real 727 sounds like, most wern't born when they were in heavy use :(

The sounds that come with it are fine, upgraded sounds are just icing on the cake. Matter of fact I would bet a months pay not one in 1000 users would know what a real 727 sounds like, most wern't born when they were in heavy use :(
...and yes, the FS9 sounds drop straight in.

Guest Boeing Skunk Works
They sound a lot better to my ear than the high-bypass turbo-fans of todays jets. I was around before it was introduced and have many miles aboard this aircraft.

...and yes, the FS9 sounds drop straight in.
Hey Dougal - did you just copy the sounds folder from the FS9 version into the FSX version's folder (and backing up the FSX one first)?And BSW - yeah, I flew on the B727 alot when I was a kid....those and the venerable DC-9 were the ones that Eastern Airlines and Northeast Airlines had, flying from Friendship Airport (now KBWI) to KMIA & KFLL....truly the golden age of passenger jets and airlines! Flying commercially today is the Wal-Mart cattle drive of aviation by comparison. (I do love the sound of the CFM56-7B engines spooling up on today's 737-700s, though.)It's great that CS has brought the 727 here for us to enjoy, in both FS9 and FSX, and done an awesome job of it! (As well as the awesome freeware planes from HJG! A truly great panel for their newly released DC-9-51 is Stellan Hilmerby's DC-9 panel - www.hilmerby.com, also available in the AVSIM Library).

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest Boeing Skunk Works

I flew a lot of -200's on TWA, Eastern, and Delta throughout the '70's. Nothing like the sound of a JT8D-15 or-17 spooling to bring a smile to my face.

Guest PPSFA
Nothing like the sound of a JT8D-15 or-17 spooling to bring a smile to my face.
I agree! I blame the whinny little twits who buy houses next to airports then complain about the noise as the reason we don't hear them more today! I'm lucky enough to live next to KPBI and I know exactly when Trump flys out, you can't mistake a 727 for any other sound. :(