Sign in to follow this  
b52bob

Duke out now

Hi John,We did consider makiing click hot spots by default, but decided to leave it to the user to choose. You can assign a hot key click to any view simply by opening the aircraft cfg (after making a safety copy!) and insert the line in any camera section:HotKeySelect=and then choosing a number to assign to, but being careful not to repeat an already selected number from a different camera. The manual mentions that views can be user assigned and selected in a variety of ways, but the detail is already in both the FSX SDK and indeed is partly covered by the normal help files/learning center within FSX.Kind Regards,Rob Young - RealAir Simulations
Thank you for the advice Rob. I'll certainly try this out.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Hi Guys,Thanks for all the kind comments!Just to reiterate what Rob has already said - we've taken all the feedback onboard and hopefully will be able to offer some solutions. It would be unwwise to promise anything at this stage, we need to look into the issues with a bit more depth first, but we're looking into the following:* Reality XP GNS 530/430 compatibility.* improved Go-Flight and other advanced hardware input device compatibility.* HSI HDG and CRS issues.All the best,Sean Moloney,RealAir Simulations
Hello SeanIs it also possible to add a separate popup radio stack. That way I can undock it and move to second monitor for viewing.Thanks againBill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Just bought/downloading this too. Probably won't use it much as I'm more into the heavies at the moment, but the Spitfire and SF260 are so good that I cant resist anything RealAir make!

Just noticed another small issue, is there any chance you could make the default landing lights keys CTRL + L turn on and off both landing lights rather than just the left one? or would than mean losing independent landing lights?

Cheers, Andy.

Sean,If I might suggest a missing feature, I'd love to see DX10 interior self-shade (like Carenado or Captain Sim 100% Dx10 compatible aircrafts).It really adds a lot, immersion wise.
I agree! I love the self-shadowing inside the cockpits of the Carenado aircraft. The CS aircraft have this as well? I just bought their 727 for FSX, I will have to check it out. :(

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Just noticed another small issue, is there any chance you could make the default landing lights keys CTRL + L turn on and off both landing lights rather than just the left one? or would than mean losing independent landing lights?
Hi Andy,The default CTRL+L key in FSX is a global off/on switch and switches all landing lights. But the Duke has seperate controls / switches to operate the left and right landing lights independently. In order to retain this facility the standard key press could not be assigned in the normal way otherwise when you used the switches it would not operate the lights independently. You'd get both lights on/off even if you used the individual switches.This, like so many other features in the Duke, means that we cannot always use default key presses. The problem is that FSX ships with a very limited set of functions and channels and most of them are global and lacking in flexibility. The only way to overcome this and still have customised features is sometimes to by-pass the default settings.Regards,Rob - RealAir

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Thanks for the reply Rob. Yeah I thought that may be the case, but then again PMDG managed to get their landing lights to work independently on each side of the MD-11 and the user can still toggle both of them on and off with the default key combo. Never mind though Rob its not a big issue I thought I would just raise it just in case it was a oversight, maybe PMDG use some custom code to active this.

Cheers, Andy.

Guest UlfB
This, like so many other features in the Duke, means that we cannot always use default key presses. The problem is that FSX ships with a very limited set of functions and channels and most of them are global and lacking in flexibility. The only way to overcome this and still have customised features is sometimes to by-pass the default settings.
Rob,I very much enjoy flying the Duke. It's an excellent add on.I use a CH throttle quadrant and a Saitek Yoke when flying, and avoid using my mouse as much as possible. With my other add on aircraft (from Carenado, PMDG, Eaglesoft, etc) I'm able to use buttons to change altitude, vertical speed, heading bug, turn landing lights on and off. But this isn't possible with the Duke. I this problem something you plan to adress in your planned service release?

Rob,I very much enjoy flying the Duke. It's an excellent add on.I use a CH throttle quadrant and a Saitek Yoke when flying, and avoid using my mouse as much as possible. With my other add on aircraft (from Carenado, PMDG, Eaglesoft, etc) I'm able to use buttons to change altitude, vertical speed, heading bug, turn landing lights on and off. But this isn't possible with the Duke. I this problem something you plan to adress in your planned service release?
I suggest you read the thread again, as many of the posts in here talk about these exact problems, and Rob and Sean have already replied saying that they are working on them, but they make no promises to fix them all. :(

Cheers, Andy.

Guest UlfB
I suggest you read the thread again, as many of the posts in here talk about these exact problems, and Rob and Sean have already replied saying that they are working on them, but they make no promises to fix them all. :(
Andy,This is embarrassing but I missed Rob's answer that they are solving these issues. I'm looking forward to the service release, because the Duke is, as said, an excellent aircraft.

Guest RobertAlley

Hey Rob and Sean thanx for the usual 110%.Also would like to report that the Saitek X52 Pro with MFD on the throttle can change radio freqs on RealAir planes and also turn on autopilot, control modes and set altitude/VS. The one thing is that the autopilot altitude/VS setting changes are not reflected on the aircraft panel, but as long as you look at the MFD it works fine.Best Regards, Robert

Thanks for the reply Rob. Yeah I thought that may be the case, but then again PMDG managed to get their landing lights to work independently on each side of the MD-11 and the user can still toggle both of them on and off with the default key combo. Never mind though Rob its not a big issue I thought I would just raise it just in case it was a oversight, maybe PMDG use some custom code to active this.
Hi Andy,OK well I'll pass this on to Sean and see what he can do, but I think we are agreed that it's not a show stopper. It's hard to satisfy everyone. A lot of people like to operate the panel by using the switches there, but we cannot also guarantee in that case that other global switches will always work. Developers solve different problems in different ways. If it wasn't for the inherent market paradigms I expect we'd all sit round a table and exchange trade secrets!Regards,Rob - RealAir

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Hi Andy,OK well I'll pass this on to Sean and see what he can do, but I think we are agreed that it's not a show stopper. It's hard to satisfy everyone. A lot of people like to operate the panel by using the switches there, but we cannot also guarantee in that case that other global switches will always work. Developers solve different problems in different ways. If it wasn't for the inherent market paradigms I expect we'd all sit round a table and exchange trade secrets!Regards,Rob - RealAir
I use pay pal for online purchases because I grew tired of having my CC numbers stolen every 6 months. Sweg tacks on another $4.90 US (+10% surcharge) for handling Pay pal. That is not standard practice for online sales. Kind of annoying to be nickle dime'd by Sweg. Sorry for the lament.Bob..

I use pay pal for online purchases because I grew tired of having my CC numbers stolen every 6 months. Sweg tacks on another $4.90 US (+10% surcharge) for handling Pay pal. That is not standard practice for online sales. Kind of annoying to be nickle dime'd by Sweg. Sorry for the lament.Bob..
My sympathies. Swreg are usually very efficient but I have never been happy with their PayPal arrangements and have been in touch with Swreg over the last year several times to urge them to both speed up PP payments and streamline their PP system. That's why we recommend that people to try to use CC's when possible because they are very quickly processed. Swreg has 128 encryption and high security. I don't think I've heard of any stolen card numbers on their watch.Regards,Rob - RealAir

Guest Simicro

Hi All,Congratulations to Rob and Sean for a new masterpiece !Does somebody has tip for me: I don't like GPS and particularly the default GPS so I don't use them. I know the manual says I can turn it off but I would like to remove it.A request to RealAir: an option to remove redundant instruments for the right pilot in order to increase fps.