Sign in to follow this  
Guest ShaneRay

Black Screen/corrupted textures

AL,This seems to be similar to the known application issue that nVIDIA describes in the driver release notes: Flight Simulator X

I no longer think this is a specific PMDG issue as I can now generate a black-screen and/or a white-screen freeze or lock when switching from full screen mode using almost any aircraft. Nick and I have started a conversation regarding this topic over in the hardware forum here:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...t&p=1576794I now seem to be able to generate the black-screen freeze at will by simply hitting the windows-key while in full screen mode. It drops FSX to a taskbar button while the Windows Start menu pops up. When I attempt to restore from the FSX taskbar button, all is usually lost, except audio.Last night I tried with different nHancer settings, with and without nHancer, with and without FPS_Limiter, all to no avail. My next guess is maybe remove the buffer-pools entry in my FSX.cfg later tonight and see if that makes a difference.
I am having Black screen/ missing textures and missing plane structures during flights and many others since last year. I tried many ways to solve these problems, it wasn't possible. But I experienced with one important clue to avoid these problems selecting DX:10. I am not longer experiencing any Black Screen, alt+Enter/screen freezes., missing structure of plane and missing sceneries at sunset time when I select FSX DX:10 review. Last three months I am flying with out any problems with DX:10 Review selected. I know DX;10 have some other Nav lights, Rnwy/taxi way lines problems. I am not saying solution is DX:10. I keep putting my experience with DX:10 Review on these forums, but I didn't get much attention, If I am PC expert I will dive in DX;10 review mode to understand why selecting DX 10 eliminating all these problems . I am sure there is the clue. I wish some one interest and look into DX:10 Review mode software programing structure to find how DX:10 is eliminating these problems.Best regardsSanal

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Thanks for the info Sanal I will try the dx10 and see if I get this problem.

Thanks for the info Sanal I will try the dx10 and see if I get this problem.
Jackie,Make sure you select Filtering: Anisotropic and AA checkedGood luckSanal

Ahmet Sanal

Guest UlfB
I am not saying solution is DX:10. I keep putting my experience with DX:10 Review on these forums, but I didn't get much attention, If I am PC expert I will dive in DX;10 review mode to understand why selecting DX 10 eliminating all these problems . I am sure there is the clue. I wish some one interest and look into DX:10 Review mode software programing structure to find how DX:10 is eliminating these problems.
Sanal,The FSX setting is called Preview DirectX 10. A lot of FSX users, like myself, don't use DX10 preview mode, since we experience that you can't get the same graphics quality as with DX9. There have been many posts on this topic since the release of FSX SP2, which might explain the lack of response on your posts.

Guest ShaneRay

Yeah, flew in DX10 mode while testing as well. I certainly didn't have any problems. Performance was actually very good, but graphics quality wasn't worth it.Reading through the thread it appears, unsurprisingly, that if affects each system different.So far, the steps I took in my previous post have, I believe, solved it for me. I'll be sure after about another week or so with a number of flights under my belt.

Sanal,The FSX setting is called Preview DirectX 10. A lot of FSX users, like myself, don't use DX10 preview mode, since we experience that you can't get the same graphics quality as with DX9. There have been many posts on this topic since the release of FSX SP2, which might explain the lack of response on your posts.
Ulf,I hope I am not giving wrong impression that I am challenging DX10 mode with DX9. I am trying to get some FSX PC experts attention to find why DX:10 is "Problem Free" as I decribed in my above post . If you look at below picture you will see I am flying with half structure missing PMDG-747X in DX9 mode. If I switched to DX10 mode No more half missing airplanes, black screens or missing textures, on and on.That is what I am trying to understand, unfortunately I am not expert to analyze DX10 software structure performance problem free then other DX.Please look at " YouTube" "FSX Directx10" video. Also look at "FSX Vista: DX10 Versus DX9 " Best regardsSanal

Ahmet Sanal

Ulf,I hope I am not giving wrong impression that I am challenging DX10 mode with DX9. I am trying to get some FSX PC experts attention to find why DX:10 is "Problem Free" as I decribed in my above post . If you look at below picture you will see I am flying with half structure missing PMDG-747X in DX9 mode. If I switched to DX10 mode No more half missing airplanes, black screens or missing textures, on and on.That is what I am trying to understand, unfortunately I am not expert to analyze DX10 software structure performance problem free then other DX.Please look at " YouTube" "FSX Directx10" video. Also look at "FSX Vista: DX10 Versus DX9 " Best regardsSanal
Here is picture with DX:10 review.

Ahmet Sanal

Guest UlfB
If you look at below picture you will see I am flying with half structure missing PMDG-747X in DX9 mode. If I switched to DX10 mode No more half missing airplanes, black screens or missing textures, on and on.
Sanal,That looks very familiar to problems reported by other FSX users when they run FSX with too high display settings relative to their hardware. The low fps on the picture indicates that you might be overloading the graphics card.What are your hardware specs and what are your FSX display settings when running in DX9 mode (bloom, shadows, autogen, water, cloud layers, AI airtraffic, etc)? What happens if you set airtraffic to 0%, clear sky, no autogen, not bloom, no ground shadows, water at low, scenery complexity to low and fly over an ocean? Do you still have problems with aircraft textures not beeing displayed?

Exact same problem that I have. As soon as I go into the PMDG menu or on the replay sometimes. I really thought I was alone on this.Jackie. P

Sanal,That looks very familiar to problems reported by other FSX users when they run FSX with too high display settings relative to their hardware. The low fps on the picture indicates that you might be overloading the graphics card.What are your hardware specs and what are your FSX display settings when running in DX9 mode (bloom, shadows, autogen, water, cloud layers, AI airtraffic, etc)? What happens if you set airtraffic to 0%, clear sky, no autogen, not bloom, no ground shadows, water at low, scenery complexity to low and fly over an ocean? Do you still have problems with aircraft textures not beeing displayed?
Ulf,I have:DEll XP 630!Intel 2 Quad CPU Q9550Navdia GTX280 Graphic Card8GB RamVista64 UltimateHard disk free 466 GBMax utilized memory during flight reaches 47%All settings: Below Max and some MediumAi Traffic 25%Water 1XhighI use same Display and AI settings with DX:9 and DX:10. I made many other display settings with DX;9 . Problems continued. DX:10 no problems like DX9. Only problems with DX10 were Nav Lights , RWY ,Taxi way lines and Taxi Way estention on RWY.Thanks Sanal

Ahmet Sanal

Guest UlfB

Sanal,What happens if you reduce all display settings to a minimum and fly over an ocean. Do you still get the problem with textures not beeing displayed in DX9 mode? Could you please make a test?

Sanal,What happens if you reduce all display settings to a minimum and fly over an ocean. Do you still get the problem with textures not beeing displayed in DX9 mode? Could you please make a test?
ok. I will inform

Ahmet Sanal

ok. I will inform
Ulf,All display setting to the left (no minimum) and flew over ocean 2:30 Hr. Landed to JFK. I had only rwy as scenery, no terminal, no textures, nothing. No CTD or any problems happened. I will try another fly in DX9 mode, all display settings in dense or medium. I recently increased to Ram 8 Gb. Lets see what will happen?or do you have any other suggestion ?Sanal

Ahmet Sanal

I have my own problems with the black screen issues, but with FS9. The screen would go black about 1 second after loading the sim, during the words "Initializing....19" and cause a CTD. I've tried reinstalling the MD-11 and this only happens with v1.20 and not the previous versions. I'm thinking that it has something to do with loading the gauges. I've reset the panel states but it doesn't work.E6600/2GB/Geforce 8800 GTS 320MB/Win XP