Sign in to follow this  
Guest ShaneRay

Black Screen/corrupted textures

Guest UlfB
I am being a little premature but I used to incur my monitor going black without loading FSX. Timing would be varied from as soon as the Windows logo screen was displayed to anytime after Windows loaded. The condition was generally the monitor would turn completely black for a second or two then back to normal.
I had the same problem with my 8800 GTX card. My present card do deliver a sync signal to my screen all the way during the boot up.
I would also experience the black or white monitor issue while using FSX and since I mostly only fly PMDG I have experienced this issue with other pay aircraft.
Do you mean that the FSX screen got black or that your monitor lost the signal? The black screens I get are in FSX. If I switch to the Task Manager everything is normal. It's only the graphic rendering in FSX that goes crazy.The monitor going black due to not receiving a signal from the card and the FSX black screen are two completely different problems.
I uninstalled Nhancer leaving the Nvidia control panel as set by Nhancer, no change. I still experienced black and white screens while in FSX and a monitor flash to black intermittently when not in FSX.I then set Nvidia control panel to settings below and have not yet experienced the monitor flash while not using FSX. I have not yet experienced a black or white screen while using FSX but I have only completed a couple of flights and it is too soon to call all clear.
I tried to turn all fancy stuff off including nHancer settings/server, but still got a black screen with instant replay. Could you please test what happens if you fly the PMDG aircraft for a 60 min flight, with three cloud layers, and immediately after landing run an instant replay?

I had the same problem with my 8800 GTX card. My present card do deliver a sync signal to my screen all the way during the boot up.Do you mean that the FSX screen got black or that your monitor lost the signal? The black screens I get are in FSX. If I switch to the Task Manager everything is normal. It's only the graphic rendering in FSX that goes crazy.The monitor going black due to not receiving a signal from the card and the FSX black screen are two completely different problems.I tried to turn all fancy stuff off including nHancer settings/server, but still got a black screen with instant replay. Could you please test what happens if you fly the PMDG aircraft for a 60 min flight, with three cloud layers, and immediately after landing run an instant replay?
Ulf,This is my final report for these problems.I switched to FSX DX:9 and made a flight. Immediately I recognized what ever menu I want lo open. There is Black Screen is wating to takeover.. Also I noticed,before I takeoff from KJFK some sceneries started to color changes to white. I know in couple of minutes first black screen then crash on is ways. I shot down the FSX.I made another test with FSX DX10 from JFK to Buenos Aries. Total 10h14m. Beautiful flight no problems. I fully activated REX weather.FsPX on, all the other addons on, FSX scenery displays close to MAX. I can select any menu and open it with out any problem and with out Black Screen, and screen switching delays . I know FXS ACE team did not completed DX:10. Nav Lights sometimes not on, Rwy and Taxi lines some times not visible. Taxi way extension shimmering on RW. I can live with all these problems,instead of leaving with FSX DX9 night mare performances.There is no way I can fly PMDG-MD11X and 747X in FSX DX9 mode. Lets hope some one or some Sim Developer company will introduce problem free product or complete the DX:10 project for FSX.Best regardsSanalRegarsSanal

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

I agree Sanal the PMDG is the only aircraft that I cannot fly in directX9. Hopefully something will be done about it in the future.Jackie P

Any special settings in nHancer or nVIDIA control panel for DX10? In FSX I only set anisotropic filtering on and checked the Antialiasing, but still a heavy shimmering on trees.
Hello Ulf,Unfortunately when in DX10 Preview there is nothing that can be done externally to control the graphic settings for FSX. AA, AF and Vsync are all under exclusive control of FSX. Vsync is forced off and cannot be turned in any way. AA and AF can only be enabled or disabled within FSX. The level of AA and AF are controlled by FSX and also cannot be manipulated in any way. IMHO these issues will never be fixed because it would require FSX itself to be recoded.....and I believe we all know the answer regarding that happening.Using DX10 Preview with my hardware results in nothing less than a shimmering mess.Regards,Bob Modrowski

I had the same problem with my 8800 GTX card. My present card do deliver a sync signal to my screen all the way during the boot up.The monitor going black due to not receiving a signal from the card and the FSX black screen are two completely different problems.I tried to turn all fancy stuff off including nHancer settings/server, but still got a black screen with instant replay. Could you please test what happens if you fly the PMDG aircraft for a 60 min flight, with three cloud layers, and immediately after landing run an instant replay?
I agree that there are two seperate issues Ulf, but I can confirm the loss of video signal is rectified with Nvidia settings described in my above post.I tried the instant replay on one flight and it worked fine for me.

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.