Sign in to follow this  
Guest mcojettech

Flying vor to vor & the annoying morse code

Guest mcojettech

Flying vor to vor & the annoying morse code. Is there anyway to line edit or otherwise disable morse code without affecting other sounds? 19 yrs Avionics Tech.Mcojettech

Guest Mendota

Just push the button on your radio panel so you can't hear it.

Flying vor to vor & the annoying morse code. Is there anyway to line edit or otherwise disable morse code without affecting other sounds? 19 yrs Avionics Tech.Mcojettech
?!... That's supposed to be an aid not a nuisance. Which is why it can be turned on/off on the panel. Look closely. Like I suppose you do in your job...!?

Guest Mendota
?!... That's supposed to be an aid not a nuisance. Which is why it can be turned on/off on the panel. Look closely. Like I suppose you do in your job...!?
That's one way you know you're on the right frequency, and you can also tune ahead and get an audio reminder when you pick it up. That's why the Morse code is printed on the chart for the VOR. It is actually useful, but you're right, it will drive you nuts after awhile, so you can just turn it off.Sorry it looks like people piling on :-) Just trying to help and add some background info.

Or.....instead of turning the audio off, I would like to see you use your 19 years of avionics tech experience to develop an audio panel for FSX that allows me to adjust the volume. An audio panel with this feature would be worthy of payware if done properly, that is assuming FSX limitations don't get in your way.

Or.....instead of turning the audio off, I would like to see you use your 19 years of avionics tech experience to develop an audio panel for FSX that allows me to adjust the volume. An audio panel with this feature would be worthy of payware if done properly, that is assuming FSX limitations don't get in your way.
I second the request. Also maybe a squelch switch so I can use it to get atis further out-with a bit of static.

Guest tom_a330
& the annoying morse code.
--. --- - .- -. -.-- .--. .-. --- -... .-.. . -- ... .-- .. - .... -.-. .-- ..--.. ...- -.-- --... ...-- -.. .-.. ..--- . .- .--tom

Guest jshyluk

Listening to the Morse Code is like Mozart compared to the variometer in the glider. I would dearly love to get an in-cockpit volume control for that, or some adjustments to the tone. Jeff ShylukSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

--. --- - .- -. -.-- .--. .-. --- -... .-.. . -- ... .-- .. - .... -.-. .-- ..--.. ...- -.-- --... ...-- -.. .-.. ..--- . .- .--tom
-.. .-.. ..--- . .- .-- / -.. . / ..--- . ----- .-.. ..- -..- / -- -.-- / -- --- .-. ... . / .. ... / .--. .-. . - - -.-- / -- ..- -.-. .... / -. --- -. / . -..- .. ... - . -. - / --- -- / -... ..- - / .. - / .. ... / . .- ... -.-- / .-- .... . -. / -.-- --- ..- / ..-. .. -. -.. / .- / --. --- --- -.. / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - --- .-. / --... ...-- / --. -.. / -.. -..- / ..--- . ----- .-.. ..- -..-

Cheers, Andy.

Listening to the Morse Code is like Mozart compared to the variometer in the glider.
It's always music to my ears in real life when the vario starts getting high pitched :( Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest mcojettech
Just push the button on your radio panel so you can't hear it.
Hey thanks, I completely forgot about that. I am a newb to fltsim & didn't realize it had that feature like a real a/c.

Guest Boeing Skunk Works

About the only radio related items FS doesn't model is HF and SELCAL.

Guest Tingoose
Listening to the Morse Code is like Mozart compared to the variometer in the glider. I would dearly love to get an in-cockpit volume control for that, or some adjustments to the tone. Jeff ShylukSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM
Seconded.