Sign in to follow this  
tfm

Black/disappearing textures? Some bizarre news ...

So I found out my problem... I had switched to the latest 185/6.. series drivers from nvidia.... big mistake. I reinstalled driver version 182.50 and all problems have disappeared. YAYHope this helps some of yaWindows 7 RC 7100EVGA 790i ultraq9650ddr3 1800 evga gtx285velociraptor hdetc

Hey guys, I have kinda been keeping tabs on this thread, but am posting this before I have read everything so I hope this has not been mentioned, Im running Vista 64 and have been plagued with disappearing textures and blank screens. I was reading over at the Level D forums and found this tip for Vista users and since applying it I have not been able to get a blank screen or have the textures disappear, I'm not saying that this will be a cure for all but it might be worth trying out if you have not done so already.Here it goes.....On your desktop RIGHT CLICK your FSX icon PROPERTIES then the COMPATIBILITY tab under SETTINGS select DISABLE VISUAL THEMES and DISABLE DESKTOP COMPOSITION then of course click apply.Its working so far for me (knock on wood) but ya never know, its worth a shot.

I get black screens as well using the pmdg 747, sometimes I get it when I use menu bar for instant replay and when replay ends I end up on a black screen.Sometimes when going into the pmdg options tab, then coming back out ends up with black screens, i'm running latest nvidia drivers on a 9800gt 1gb, on a asus pk5c mobo and vista64.I have not tried any of the sound suggestions yet, as Ive just come across this threat, also got my first corruption yesterday on instant replay, textures all over the place, I suspect this is because I have installed the latest nvidia drivers.What I have noticed is that the on normal pmdg flights the engines sound distorted, and stay distorted whilst flying which ties in with the sound card findings.On black screens the sim seems to be still running, sometimes I can get the video back by doing a crtl/alt/del to taskmanager look for fsx.exe and right click on the process and select bring process to front, this I may have to do more than once but many times I have been able to get back into the sim.John

Guest tpliesch

Hi,I have this problem since 6 months and no idea for an soultion (I have still posted my problem here in the avsim forum).I never thought, it could be the sound card/driver.Nice to hear that there is an solution for so many from you.But no one here works for me.My actual System:(but tested with many more!)Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6Q95508GB RAMRealtek Sound Chip ALC889A (Driver R2.28)ATI HD4890 1024MB (Catalyst 9.6)VISTA 64 Home Premium SP2FSX + ACCELFSGlobal 2008UT USA/EuropeWilco A320PMDG747XWhen i fly the PMDG747X after about 15min i get the graphic problems.With Wilco A320 i also get this problem but after about 2 hours.Most times when the problem occurs i got some CTD with PMDGSounds.dll reported!So i reinstallet FSX without PMDG747X.After that i have no more problem with the Wilco A320.So to all of you who have the solution found. Can anybody tell my, what i have overseen?How can i make my favourite PMDG747X to fly wihtout these problems?Thomas

Guest 413X3

what aircraft repaints are you all using? check that texture folder and look for the cfg file inside and it might be incorrectly pointing to the wrong directories

Just finished PMDG tutorial flight Egll-LSZH, Changed sound card to 16bit,8000 (Telephone Quality) and made sure headphones were default audio(see system below). B) Woo Hoo made with no problems!! :( Tried and tried to make it fail but could not,hopefully it stays that way!! :( Thanks very much for all the work you guys did, very much appreciated. :(

Just finished PMDG tutorial flight Egll-LSZH, Changed sound card to 16bit,8000 (Telephone Quality) and made sure headphones were default audio(see system below).Woo Hoo made with no problems!!Tried and tried to make it fail but could not,hopefully it stays that way!!Thanks very much for all the work you guys did, very much appreciated. :(
Happy to hear your 'success story'. I have not had even one re-occurrence of the problem since switching to 16bit, 8000Hz (Telephone Quality), and believe me I have tried my best to 'break' it! However, as happy as I am to hear about these successes, I feel kinda bad because not all of our fellow simmers are able to utilize this fix due to them having a different sound chip. So far, no one has found a way around this. :( Great to hear about your victory, tho. :( Jay

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

Guest DarkEclip

I will go mad I try 16 bits 8000Hz but I see always a black crazy disappearing textures Im unable flight longhaul I'm on the edge of suicide LOL I have tried with Asus P5B soundcard Creative Labs X-Fidelity but with both card im unable to set 8000hz and finaly i have put my old audigy and set 8000hz but the problem is always here when the dusk and when sunrise come. Please give me a solution before I throw my 70$ in the garbage.Thank youJean-Michel Fugere

Happy to hear your 'success story'. I have not had even one re-occurrence of the problem since switching to 16bit, 8000Hz (Telephone Quality), and believe me I have tried my best to 'break' it! However, as happy as I am to hear about these successes, I feel kinda bad because not all of our fellow simmers are able to utilize this fix due to them having a different sound chip. So far, no one has found a way around this. :( Great to hear about your victory, tho. :( Jay
Does anyone know of a cheap soundcard i could put in my rig that would allow the setting of the lower sound settings?Guthrie Zuehlke

Guest 413X3

still the same problem with me. complete uninstall reinstall although I think after installing the MD-11 the problem became worse in the 747F for FSX... one thing I noticed was flights seemed to be trouble free until I would access the menu for anything. Also now loading any panel state automatically crashes the game. And saving a new cargo load seems to make the airplane unstable. Can someone from pmdg say exactly whats going on here? this is unbelievable why suddenly more and more people are experiencing this

still the same problem with me. complete uninstall reinstall although I think after installing the MD-11 the problem became worse in the 747F for FSX... one thing I noticed was flights seemed to be trouble free until I would access the menu for anything. Also now loading any panel state automatically crashes the game. And saving a new cargo load seems to make the airplane unstable. Can someone from pmdg say exactly whats going on here? this is unbelievable why suddenly more and more people are experiencing this
I've been getting this pretty much from day one, through a couple of hardware upgrades and full re-installs, both with the 747X and the MD. I don't get the black screens but I do get dissappearing textures. However, I think I'm narrowing it down for me at least.I fly in Europe a lot and because I fly in Europe a lot I have quite a few addons. When I fly in Europe I often get graphics corruptions. I'm just in the process of taking the MD around the world. In areas where I haven't got any many addons (Asia, US, Canada) I don't experience any problems, even flying through dusk/dawn situations. The only place I have experienced problems is Australia. Why? A full set of Orbx scenery.Now PMDG might not be able to reproduce this problem and I don't expect them to trawl through all their code for what is essentially a finished product (and despite this my aircraft still works it just doesn't look the best). However, I think there's some relationship between PMDG products in FSX and the way addons are handled by the system. Perhaps the sound issue is just lowering the strain that is put on this relationship.Regards,Dan Parkin.

Guest Tiemen

How come that people like me have the same problem then? I do not have any other addons installed other than PMDG MD-11 and I still get this problem. Was having a test flight from Amsterdam to London and back but I never even got out of London again because of textures going away. It was unflyable. I use Vista64 bits and have lowered my sound setting like previously mentioned in this thread. Tiemen

Guest 413X3

my theory is it is some conflict with all the updated dll files installed for the md-11. I am uninstalling and going to reinstall just the 747x and not touch the aircraft.cfg file and see what happens. RIght now I can't get through a 4 hour flight when I used to fly 10+ hours no problem

Guest DarkEclip

I have uninstall nhancer and I think I have resolve my problem, maybe bad video setting.Thank YouJean-Michel

Glad I found this post.I've been having a disappearing floor (in the VC, 2D works fine) and disappearing plane (no plane texture, but you can see the seats) since I bought the 747/MD11. I think many people are experiencing this problem but not everyone wants to post in a forum.At least it gives me some things to try instead of "sucking it up" and suspending my belief anymore than I have. (By flying a plane in which there are no exterior textures, or even worse a black screen out of the cockpit window)Great job to those of you who have tested and tried to provide a solution to all of us forum "lurkers"!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma