Sign in to follow this  
tfm

Black/disappearing textures? Some bizarre news ...

PeterUnfortunately, your lowest available sound quality setting, is much too high for this fix to work. Some people have had success with 11,000Hz quality rather than 8,000Hz, but 44,100Hz is not going to work.If you hunt around you might be able to find different drivers to run your sound card, which might let you choose a lower quality setting. Tim
Everyone missed a very important post...Someone reported the problem gone when they uninstalled the HDMI driver. I have yet to buy a PMDG product though (hopefully this winter @ BestBuy!) so i can't confirm.http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?s=&...t&p=1660642Make sure to disable and uninstall any ATi or Nvidia "High Definition Audio Device" in the device manager . Also make sure you uninstall through forceware or catalyst if possible. If you send audio through your HDMI cable your probably out of luck unless you have/buy a DTS, coaxial, or analag connector to your TV/sound system.John
If you have a graphics card with a HDMI output you should have this driver/device in your device manager...John

I was wondering if anybody has tried using EVGA Precision 1.8.1 app to slow down the core and shader clock a little to see if this helps. I have a BFG 9800GTX card that is not the overclock variety, but when I checked the speeds it was set to 9800GTX OC setting. I downspeeded the OC to what the default speeds should be and the missing /disappear textures stopped. The EVGA Precision 1.8.1 app also adjust the fan speed on the fly as well. Just an idea if you want to try. Bryan

Guys - another question:Have any of you seen this where the entire flight is in broad daylight or is it always happening right around the day to dusk/night transition or the night to dawn/day transition?
I have seen this in both, but definitely more at Dusk/Night.I have a theory as to what might be causing it. I have a strong feeling it could be prevented disabling the interior passenger seats. I don't think it is PMDG specific but rather a draw over load if you will. In other words with default aircraft and lesser detailed aircraft, I have never seen this, but don't think it is the outer detail. Possibly a conflict with D3D (or overload) with the two, or maybe just the inside cabin. I have done enough programming to know that even though the interior is not seen, it is still computed (being drawn) and even though the textures are the same, seat to seat, they are still all individually being placed (drawn) etc... I have recently created a buffer pool of 400mb to keep a sort of clamp on memory around the aircraft and maybe less memory re allocation and possibilities of displacement, and knock on wood have not seen this problem for the last few days.Is there a way to disable the passenger seating interior from being drawn and textures from being placed? I'd like to test it with them off. I think this may be the issue, meaning a Direct draw issue.Thanks,

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hey guys, I have been following this thread for sometime now and while I don't have any PMDG products yet for FSX, as I am waiting on the 737 and the Dash 8, I have experienced problems similar to what has been mentioned here with my LDS767. Having searched the net high and low for a solution to the problem I determined that the issue was due most likely to my onboard sound card, which is a Soundmax that came with my Asus Maximus Formula mobo.I was getting the random loss of textures in the VC, the exterior textures would disappear, sometimes some sound popping, etc. Seemed like it would happen at random intervals in flights, but switching views or accessing the menus to look at the map would almost always trigger this. Another thing that was kind of weird was that if I used any nVidia drivers newer than the 169.21's I would have even worse sound issues.This weekend on a whim I went to my local Microcenter computer store and bought a Soundblaster X-FI XtremeGamer sound card to see if that would clear up my problems.Well, so far it seems to have worked. I can fly into and out of any hub, with heavy traffic and weather, switch views, access menus, and to this point no texture losses and crashes. I seem to have even gotten a little better performance. Prior to getting the aftermarket sound card the best I could do flying into KJFX or KLAX with 60% AI and the FSX weather setting Building Storms was about 16 to 18 FPS, now using the same settings I can flying into both hubs and not even drop below 20 FPS.I was so excited I flew from KFDW to KJFK, KJFK to KATL, KATL to KMIA, then finished by doing KMIA to KLAX, all using ASA weather, most FSX settings maxed, 60% AI, switching views, accessing the menus, even minimizing FSX a few times and was unable to crash the sim, loose sound quality, or have any other problems.I would have had problems before, especially running the sim for the better part of the day as long as it took to fly this trip, but the after market soudn card seemed to do it for me. It's like a new sim now.The only thing I have yet to try is to finally update the video card drivers from the 169.21. Since everything is working so well I kind of hate to try, but I can always go back if the new drivers dont work.One other thing is that I didn't need to reduce the sound quality to the lowest as the Creative menu doesn't seem to have other settings for reducing sound quality.Regards,Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

.............. while I don't have any PMDG products yet for FSX......................
Hi Sean,Your results seem encouraging but I think that others with a stand-alone soundcard still have the problem.Would like to see your results with either or both the PMDG 747 or the PMDG MD11. This would be the acid test.Also, have you disabled the onboard sound (either in Device manager or in the BIOS) with the Soundblaster card installed?Cheers,Pete

Hi Sean,Your results seem encouraging but I think that others with a stand-alone soundcard still have the problem.Would like to see your results with either or both the PMDG 747 or the PMDG MD11. This would be the acid test.Also, have you disabled the onboard sound (either in Device manager or in the BIOS) with the Soundblaster card installed?Cheers,Pete
Yeah, I agree with trying what I did with a PMDG product installed would be the acid test. The only reason I posted was because somewhere in the 10 pages of this I saw someone mention that it happened to them also in the LDS767, and my sysmptoms were pretty similar to what the others had happening.As far as disabling the onboard sound in the Device manager or in BIOS, I don't see the device being listed since I had uninstalled the SoundMax drivers before I installed the Sound Blaster card. Also I never changed anything in BIOS. So I guess my answer is no.Should there be something to disable since I removed the old Soundmax device and uninstalled the drivers?Sean Campbell

Should there be something to disable since I removed the old Soundmax device and uninstalled the drivers?
Hi Sean,No, I was just curious how you configured your system as I have an ASUS motherboard too, and if you are successful with the PMDG heavy iron using the dedicated sound card, then I may go that way as well.Pete

Not one missing texture, black screen, or CTD in the past few days since dropping back to WinXP_x64. Same hardware, same clocks, same software, same MD-11 flights. I honestly think these little tricks and tips are just unloading the issue enough to hide the underlying, bigger problem. I hypothisize that a very heavily loaded system, with all the candy and the MD-11, sits just on the edge of this issue becuase of the way Vista and 7 use memory and cache the video. FSX is said to be compatible with Vista and 7 and it is true, but it was developed and code-checked in the Windows XP days of memory and GPU management. YMMV....

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Hi Sean,No, I was just curious how you configured your system as I have an ASUS motherboard too, and if you are successful with the PMDG heavy iron using the dedicated sound card, then I may go that way as well.Pete
Basically I just uninstalled the SoundMax drivers, opened the case, removed the SoundMax card and installed the Sound Blaster card, booted up and installed the SB drivers, rebooted and was done.BTW, I downloaded the newest drivers from the Creative site and didn't use the CD that came with it. I also left most every setting at default, but turned off the sound enhancements.I haven't done anything in BIOS since my overclock, but now that you mentioned it, I may take a look in there and make sure there is nothing else I have to do. I doubt it since everything is working, but I will take a look none the less.If you have a computer shop near you it wouldn't hurt to buy one to try if they have a return policy. That's what I figured when I bought one. If I didn't fix my problems I could always return it and get my money back.Sean

Hey all,I just read all the pages here as ive been looking for the fix too. Have a look at this, is anyone getting this specifically, http://www.leveldsim.com/forums/forum_post...invisible+plane State video card and onboard sound or sound card, fsx version?The mention here is the acceleration is causing the problem we may have to uninstall it and install sp2. Supposedly, i havent tried yet.I personally am using gtx 285 oc with onboard sound (sound max) on an asus p6td dlx and installed fsx gold.I have the same issues as everyone else here, i haven't tried compatibility mode windows xp as im on 7 nor did i change my sound settings. As im new to this problem feel free to ask me what to test and i will? And hopefully my link can help others.BTW im using lvld 767 and it did not happen with default nor did it ever happen with pmdg.

In my case I never had Acceleration installed but I notice that you also have an Asus mobo with the SounMax card and an nVidia video card. Seems to me that there is something that is not compatible between SounMax, Asus and nVidia. Like I mentioned above in my post, once I got rid of the SoundMax card and went with a conventional sound card, it fixed all my problems.If I were you, go buy the card I have from a retailer that has a 30 day return policy, try it and see if it fixes your problems like it did for me. If not you can get your money back. It's worth a try in my opinion.Sean

Basically I just uninstalled the SoundMax drivers, opened the case, removed the SoundMax card ..........................Sean
Hi Sean,Just a question, how did you remove the Soundmax card? I thought the Soundmax was on board sound and as such couldn't be physicaly removed.Pete

Did running in xp compatability mode help anyone?
Just to ask your same question, seeing that you are now trying a different sound card. Have you tried running in xp compatability mode yet? I have not, at least as of yet. The sound card will not fix it, I have tried the 800hz and it did take some crunch off the CPU but the problem resurfaced. Try these posts as well as a ton more on this topic,,, unfortunately.http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=265959http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=249555

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier