Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Real Environment Xtreme (REX)

Hi Andre,He tried to make a point and I countered, guess he didn't like my reply and that got him upset. Those silly cartoon icons are not going to stir my pot.This incident is nothing more to me than warning others of the problems I am having with the Flight Sim Store, this has nothing to do with REX.

Stirring up the pot man you aren't helpful either, speaking of a polite guy :(

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi Andre,He tried to make a point and I countered, guess he didn't like my reply and that got him upset. Those silly cartoon icons are not going to stir my pot.This incident is nothing more to me than warning others of the problems I am having with the Flight Sim Store, this has nothing to do with REX.
Michael the guys over there are great guys I'm sure they will help you to solve the issue you have with a wonderful product (Tim did a great job there)...Hope you will soon enjoy it because it's worth it and change you're skies forever and the store guy Adrian is great to.Or I'm willing to share bandwidth to help you out if it's ok with Tim or Adrian...

André

Andre, there was no aggressive attitude on my part, I was merely elaborating on the 'free download server' statement and I was questioning the fact that the thread here and on REX were posted at a similar time without us having the time over at REX to help him out. I would have understood the thread over here if FSS has not helped him out for days and he could not have accessed his download. As stated we have all sorts of backup links available just in case we run into someone who cannot seem to download from the main servers.

Mike,While I am very sorry to hear that you're having problems downloading REX from our servers I can assure you that what we are delivering the files on is definitely not free, or cheap. The Mediafire front end that is being used is backed by an extremely robust and highly efficient content delivery network. It is also backed by a fail-over cloud hosting service with unlimited bandwidth and computing cycles. The infrastructure is now more than capable of delivering REX to several hundred simultaneous customers.Now, on to your issue. Most downloading problems are localised issues that generally rectify themselves given a 24-48 hour timeframe. Please create a contact ticket with us at the link below and we will help you sort through the issue.https://www.flightsimstore.com/contact_us.php

Cheers, Adrian

fss-forum-sig400x60.jpg

Hi Jay,The Free Server statement was made after I was presented the following page because of an HTTP 404 error while attempting to download REX.As you can see it states Free File Hosting in the upper left corner. That was the reason I believed it was a free service. I removed the HTTP path statement for obvious reasons.free.jpg

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,I submitted a ticket as soon as I had problems downloading REX, do you need another one?. I have the Contact Ticket number if you need it.

Mike,While I am very sorry to hear that you're having problems downloading REX from our servers I can assure you that what we are delivering the files on is definitely not free, or cheap. The Mediafire front end that is being used is backed by an extremely robust and highly efficient content delivery network. It is also backed by a fail-over cloud hosting service with unlimited bandwidth and computing cycles. The infrastructure is now more than capable of delivering REX to several hundred simultaneous customers.Now, on to your issue. Most downloading problems are localised issues that generally rectify themselves given a 24-48 hour timeframe. Please create a contact ticket with us at the link below and we will help you sort through the issue.https://www.flightsimstore.com/contact_us.php

Andre, there was no aggressive attitude on my part, I was merely elaborating on the 'free download server' statement and I was questioning the fact that the thread here and on REX were posted at a similar time without us having the time over at REX to help him out. I would have understood the thread over here if FSS has not helped him out for days and he could not have accessed his download. As stated we have all sorts of backup links available just in case we run into someone who cannot seem to download from the main servers.
Jay relax I'm aware of that you are a great guy lol but I'm always for the helping approach and not the pointing finger approach.Always ask yourself the question why somebody is asking for help because that is what it is.Remember that not every one is reacting always the same or is the same mood or even a language or culture difference.I can imagine that sometimes you make a post out of frustration (hey we are all humans lol) and never wise to do maybe count till 10 and then post or re-read again.But in this case I think it's better to give a solution and work together to solve the issue instead of sum up what would be better or wiser to do.In that to solve the issue in a customer friendly way is the best advertisement you can get.Have fun Jay.

André

Hi,I submitted a ticket as soon as I had problems downloading REX, do you need another one?. I have the Contact Ticket number if you need it.
Nope, I believe I've found it and am replying to you now.

Cheers, Adrian

fss-forum-sig400x60.jpg

Guest kwilson

I hope Mike can get his download problems from FlightSimStore sorted out.If he does I also hope he will post a message here confirming he has received what he has paid for (as well as on the flightsim.com forums where he posted a similar post).

Guest Aviator4life

Mike,When I saw that representatives of the FlightSimStore had replied I came back to this thread to confirm that they indeed had offered the help which you so obviously need. Never was a doubt in my mind, all you needed was a little patience, which was exactly the point I was trying to make.But since you like to accuse others of making false assumptions and then go on to make one of your own in order to take a pot shot at me, I felt compelled to respond. "He tried to make a point and I countered, guess he didn't like my reply and that got him upset. Those silly cartoon icons are not going to stir my pot."I didn't like your original post since it wasn't very much in keeping with the normal demeanor and tact that most professional aviators display in their lives. Your reply, especially the above quote was just silly.Seems to me your ego is simply to big to admit you might have had some selfish motivation for coming here and posting in such a negative way about the FlightSimStore before you even gave them a reasonable opportunity to resolve the problem.But hey, you are now getting the help you need from the people/merchant YOU were being so negative about in your op, despite your best, although erroneous, assumptions.One thing I have learned in my years upon this earth is that the true measure of a person is shown when they face some kind of adversity. The same thing applies to merchants and businesses. It's easy to like and speak highly of them when everything is hunky-dory. But you find out how they really are - both people and businesses - when things don't go according to plan. But in order to find out how they really are you have to give them a chance to do their jobs before you hang them out to dry. My attempt at an aviation axiom analogy (holy mother of alliterations) was to try and tell you that you should perhaps "keep flying the aircraft", to wit, give the FlightSimStore a chance, before you literally write the situation off as hopeless and punchout.All I was trying to say was that maybe you should have shown a little more class by allowing the people at the FlightSimStore a reasonable opportunity to help you before you came here to flame them, and "warn" us.As for my personal emotional state, I can assure you that I am quite settled and unbothered by anything you've said in this thread. On the contrary, I think you are the one who is taking things a little to seriously (and it is a serious thing to come to a worldwide, dedicated, public place and make such complaints).I wasn't stirring any pot despite how anyone wants to mistakenly interpret my replies. I was simply trying to say maybe you should act a little more like the perfectly faultless, consummately professional, business you would have the people/FlightSimStore be. If I am right about this then maybe you will owe a public apology to the folks at the FlightSimStore for not allowing them a reasonable opportunity to help you before you came here to shout it from the highest mountain. On the other hand, if you think I am wrong, then there is nothing more I can say or would say to you. As I stated before, I have better things to do with MY time.

Not sure if this has been mentioned in the all the threads above...But, Mike, have you tried running I think it's called TraceRoute.There are a lot of servers and switches between your computer and the other company's computer, and with TraceRoute you can see if one them is having a bad day.All it takes is for one of them to be having a bad day for your download to get mucked up.We have had this problem from time to time with some of our users. Some of our files are extremely large, and on rare occasions the users can't get them on the first shot.Sometimes if they wait a bit (maybe a day), the download magically works as the trouble spot (some switch or server down the line) gets fixed.Cheers,

Just to further on this conversation I took a little bit of time to test the servers today and all links are running at 100%, average speed exceeds 1500 kbps, logged into a work computer located in Ontario and tried it remotely from there and speeds were even higher. Now, Adrian will help you sort it out as such and I hope to hear back from you in this thread whether or not you were successful. Regardles of what will happen, we will get your purchase to you, one way or another :)

Hello Jay,I have been unable to download yesterday and today, All I get are CRC errors during the download. I have been given separate php download locations for all files mentioned.I will attempt to download from these locations.To Aviator4life,The only thing I will apologize for is assuming the MediaFire server was free. Other than that, the reason for this topic was to warn others of the problems I was/am having in getting my download. Sorry if your still unable to see that.As for your other remarks."But since you like to accuse others of making false assumptions and then go on to make one of your own in order to take a pot shot at me, I felt compelled to respond."He tried to make a point and I countered, guess he didn't like my reply and that got him upset. Those silly cartoon icons are not going to stir my pot."Lets take a look at this, is it not true you were trying to make a point?, I think so, how's that a false assumption on my part?. If my reply did not get you upset, then the silly cartoon icons you directed at me were just sarcastic remarks. There's no other reason for them other than to try and get my goat as they say."I didn't like your original post since it wasn't very much in keeping with the normal demeanor and tact that most professional aviators display in their lives. Your reply, especially the above quote was just silly."I guess its fair to say you do not hang out with the same group of airline pilots that I hang out with when "NOT" on duty."Seems to me your ego is simply to big to admit you might have had some selfish motivation for coming here and posting in such a negative way about the FlightSimStore before you even gave them a reasonable opportunity to resolve the problem."Not everyone here at the Flight Sim forums throws childish temper tantrums, regardless of what YOU believe. If you chose to believe my motives were other than to warn others, so-be-it. I know the reason for my post and it has been stated. What does EGO have to do with any of this?, Never mind don't answer. This will be my final response to you."All I was trying to say was that maybe you should have shown a little more class by allowing the people at the FlightSimStore a reasonable opportunity to help you before you came here to flame them, and "warn" us."If you choose to believe my intention was to flame, then I guess we will have to agree to disagree. My intention as stated in my first post was to warn others of the problems I was having and that they may have the same problem.You have made numerous remarks about "Class" and "Professionalism". What have we seen from your professional approach to this post.We've seen the following professional statement:---------------------------------------------------------------------Statement #1: "outrageous cost of $5 USD for a hardcopy delivery" - Your first post started out with the above at best Sarcastic remark.The following Professional Icons---------------------------------------------- :( :( :( Reply if you must, but this is my final reply to you.Hi Bryan,I will do a search for TraceRoute and see if I can find the problem. My downloads have been attempted with and without DMZ. Unable to download without CRC errors.

Mike,The Internet is constantly being bombarded by millions useless spam messages from slime who hope some poor soul will fall for their junk. They use computers that, unknown to the owner, are infected with a program that send this junk to everyone the victims address list. Millions of these infected computers are constantly pumping out spam and the owners never even know it. I suggest that you look at http://www.speedtest.net/ to see what speed might be achieved to the download site from your home. I can get up to 35mb/sec to Washington at most times but it drops to 10mbs. sometimes. Picking other targets can show 35mbs so I know it is not me but the network. Until the junk is taken off of the network you will be plagued with occasional slow speed. Yes, there are ISPs I have tried with 5mbs speeds. But someone arriving via another route may be receiving much higher throughput.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Hi nudata,My problem is not with slow speeds, I can deal with that. I'll just let the download continue overnight. My problem is with the inability to complete a download, the download stops between 50+ and 100+mb. The file I'm trying to download is over 650mb.I have been given a seperate download location, I am in the process of trying to download the files in question. As soon as I have them I will post my results.

Mike,The Internet is constantly being bombarded by millions useless spam messages from slime who hope some poor soul will fall for their junk. They use computers that, unknown to the owner, are infected with a program that send this junk to everyone the victims address list. Millions of these infected computers are constantly pumping out spam and the owners never even know it. I suggest that you look at http://www.speedtest.net/ to see what speed might be achieved to the download site from your home. I can get up to 35mb/sec to Washington at most times but it drops to 10mbs. sometimes. Picking other targets can show 35mbs so I know it is not me but the network. Until the junk is taken off of the network you will be plagued with occasional slow speed. Yes, there are ISPs I have tried with 5mbs speeds. But someone arriving via another route may be receiving much higher throughput.