Sign in to follow this  
avioesemusicas

Deception and frustration with CS 767

... that was constructive :(

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

The Good, the bad, and the well, not really so ugly:This sounds pretty much like a Ho Hum, same old thing scenario. After an unbelievably bad start it seemed that CS was gaining a bit of ground relative to their reputation, service, and products, but this sounds like instant replay of the beginning (which was something to be avoided like the plaque).I also read the posts wherever they were that rated the current CS contributions higher than LDS. I really found that hard to believe and think I added a reply.I have only two of the CS products: I have their first generation 757. Beautiful aircraft, but a joke relative to the panel and provisions. I was really disappointed when I flew the thing. However, merged with the LDS767 panel, it makes for a pretty dandy bird (thanks to LDS IMHO). The newer version by CS may be the cat's whiskers, but as your post and several replies imply, for it to bury the LDS seems to be a stretch to say the least.The good (again IMHO) is their C130. I never flew the real thing, so don't doubt that there may be a few things missing, but in FS I find it to be a pretty complex contribution that is both a challenge and pleasure to fly.Hopefully, CS will patch the problems, but the track record leads one to think that may be iffy at best.Good luck:RTH

Guest Mower

I have the CS 757 and now the 767 and I find these basic realism defects to be VERY disturbing, as it clearly indicates a complete lack of attention to detail.I am waiting to see if follow-on patches will rectify them. If not, then the LDS 763 remains King IMHO. In fact, for now, the LDS version is still my preference.

I understand you are frustrated, but any particular reason you decided to post here instead of in the CS forum and see what their responce is?
Well I'm glad he did. This is the biggest FS community so it would seem a valid place to complain about, or indeed recommend, a product. Once again, my lack of faith in CS is confirmed. I've never bought one of their products, and I never will. Purely and simply because of reading posts such as this over the years.Thanks for posting Joselito, and sorry you got burnt. You have my sympathy.. :( Ian

Actually, I love it. And not only their 767, but also their C-130 and 757. There's always bugs in software. If EA, a multi, MULTI-billion dollar company with thousands of employees on staff, can't prevent from delivering bugless products, I don't expect a Captain Sim, or any other FS related company, employing perhaps 5, to deliver bugfree products.They'll fix it. And if not : Don't act like you just bought a 100 million dollar expensive full motion, Level-D simulator. You bought a piece of software. Downloadable software, worth 40 bucks. A saturday night out in town, and you spend double that amount of money. ;)

Gotta agree here. Treating CS products as even half-serious simulation is a mistake, these are primarily entertainment titles that gained their market niche solely on their visuals. Documenting the bugs here is just waste of time - wrong market.
I know it will sound like empty words, but I would understand an entertainment title for U$ 30 maximum. I am starting to realize that what made me real impelled to create a topic complaining about was the price I payed and the refund policy. I mean, if you pay more for an add-on than the cost of the "host game" itself, you at least think you gonna get something worth it, which was not the case.Rgds

HelloWhat did you find wrong with the levelD 767 that you wanted to replace it ?.

Guest Mower
HelloWhat did you find wrong with the levelD 767 that you wanted to replace it ?.
For me only the dated panel and cockpit grafix, quite ugly bu today's standards.Otherwise it is refined and superb.
If EA, a multi, MULTI-billion dollar company with thousands of employees on staff, can't prevent from delivering bugless products, I don't expect a Captain Sim, or any other FS related company, employing perhaps 5, to deliver bugfree products.
The issue is not bugs, but the lack of attention to detail.

itself, you at least think you gonna get something worth it, which was not the case.
Buyer beware. You could have avoided all the aggravation if you did basic research - this forum has many entries on the subject of Captain Sim, reputable, former airline pilots (like Mike T) had very unflattering things to say about their products - 15 min worth of search would save you some $.

For me only the dated panel and cockpit grafix, quite ugly bu today's standards.Otherwise it is refined and superb.I would not say the LvlD 767 in this shot is ugly by todays standards. It works properly. and has superb supportPrinted and bound manuals available.Even has a complete SDK so all my Goflight hardware is supportedAnd a 30 day money back guaranteeOr on the other hand there is the CS 767Tough choice :-)

Level D is a superb piece of software, but is aging. It was "patched" to work with FSX, therefore it does not have implemented all the possibilities FSX provides. Maybe I find what I want when they release their 757 built from scratch to FSX.Cheers
Buyer beware. You could have avoided all the aggravation if you did basic research - this forum has many entries on the subject of Captain Sim, reputable, former airline pilots (like Mike T) had very unflattering things to say about their products - 15 min worth of search would save you some $.
yeap, I know now more than ever... :/

Level D is a superb piece of software, but is aging. It was "patched" to work with FSX, therefore it does not have implemented all the possibilities FSX provides.
Why do people keep saying this? The FSX version is NATIVE FSX model and the model (at least mine) has bump maps, etc all the stuff that other newer releases have.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Level D is a superb piece of software, but is aging. It was "patched" to work with FSX, therefore it does not have implemented all the possibilities FSX provides. Maybe I find what I want when they release their 757 built from scratch to FSX.Cheersyeap, I know now more than ever... :/
The Level D 767 is not "patched" to work in FSX it is a true FSX modelHere is the first line from the MDL file showing that it was compiled using the FSX SDKRIFF

Guest SkullxBones

I have been happy with my purchases of CS products because I won't pay the normal price. I wait until they have those $9.99 specials every once and a while to buy their stuff. For that price I don't expect perfection so I'm not disappointed with what I bought. When I do fly the CS757, I treat it's bugs as in-flight failures. If I paid full price, I'd be mad, but for $9.99 it's enjoyable and challenging now and then. So maybe CS just needs to lower their price so people don't expect PMDG/LDS performance.