Sign in to follow this  
Guest JALOWT

A day in the 737!

Guest JALOWT

Hi AllMy first post in this forum! These are just some shots I took while flying from Luton to Marrakech on a Boeing 737-800W.I am very lucky that my next door neighbour is an Airline Pilot! Enjoy...IMG_6504.jpgIMG_6510.jpgGibraltarIMG_6596.jpgNorth coast of AfricaIMG_6484.jpgImages over 200K deleted

Guest ILS_DME

Very nice, its good that your next door neighbour is a pilot!

It is good that your neighbor is an airline pilot, *AND NOT* living in the United States. It's too bad that lucky folks can no longer have this type of adventure in the US. Not that the opportunity would ever come up for me, but it's always fun to read about a jumpseat ride.(...sigh...)

Guest JALOWT

Hi sorry for the late response..thanks for your nice comments.greggerm, will they not let a friend of the pilot fly in the jumpseat in the US anymore?

As far as I recall, nobody is allowed in the jump seat any more. More especially an ordinary member of the public! Blame goes to the '911' accordingley.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest JALOWT

well i don't think that's the rule over here...however, I did go on a staff training day so maybe that had some impact on the decision to let me go or not?

well i don't think that's the rule over here...however, I did go on a staff training day so maybe that had some impact on the decision to let me go or not?
It is the rule in the UK, I live here. With all the best intentions, I would be inclined to remove this thread to protect the people that sanctioned this ride.

Dave Taylor gb.png

will they not let a friend of the pilot fly in the jumpseat in the US anymore?
As far as I recall, nobody is allowed in the jump seat any more. More especially an ordinary member of the public! Blame goes to the '911' accordingley.
In the US only pilots approved in the CASS system may ride in the cockpit jumpseat.

CFII & Delta 737 First Officer

I think that pilots of the same company are still allowed to ride the jumpseat as a crew member without being on duty for that flight but he/she is required to wear an uniform.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

I wish some neighbors in the USA were as nice as your airline pilot neighbor :(.

I think that pilots of the same company are still allowed to ride the jumpseat as a crew member without being on duty for that flight but he/she is required to wear an uniform.
Most US airlines allow jumpseating in the cockpit for other US airlines also. I've rode up front on many carriers, dress code is usually your uniform or docker style pants/some sort of collared shirt.

Most US airlines allow jumpseating in the cockpit for other US airlines also. I've rode up front on many carriers, dress code is usually your uniform or docker style pants/some sort of collared shirt.
How's life flying CRJ900s?

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

How's life flying CRJ900s?
It is a great plane and is a blast to fly, get payed to see North America. The travel benefits make it even better!Like any job it has its ups and downs, right now were on the downhill slope. Delta is reducing our Saab fleet so there is a lot of downgrades, schedules have been getting worse, and no one knows what Delta's plans are which is the most frustrating thing. Wouldnt give it up for a desk job though! :( I'll post some pics soon!