Sign in to follow this  
Tony P

Windows 7 Users - beware

Interesting but seems over hyped?Running chkdsk /r on a non-os disk causing a memory leak is a RTM show stopper?I'd think a simple windows update at installation time will correct it?

Haven't the heard of windows update? LOL

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Guest 413X3

heavily tested. the question is do they want to spend the money and time fixing it. Apparently with this, they did not.

Thanks for wasting 5 minutes of my life, this is nothing, don't waste your time reading it folks. Just%20Kidding.gif

Cheers, Andy.

Guest firehawk44
Thanks for wasting 5 minutes of my life, this is nothing, don't waste your time reading it folks. Just%20Kidding.gif
LOL. Thanks for saving 5 minutes of my life by telling me this is nothing. I figured so. There are many websites dedicated to destroying Microsoft products. The idiot Dvorak over at PC World is trying to work his magic too.Jim

LOL. Thanks for saving 5 minutes of my life by telling me this is nothing. I figured so. There are many websites dedicated to destroying Microsoft products. The idiot Dvorak over at PC World is trying to work his magic too.Jim
Typical of Microsoft Windows, release a beta version and fix it to a workable product with service patches over a year or two like, XP. But then there is the demise of Windows Vista. From the detailed technical reviews I have seen Windows 7 has essentially little to no performance improvment over Vista. Thus, putting lipstick on "PIG", routine is getting more and more common with Microsoft; and is disturbing of American consumer ethics. :( BillyBob.

Guest FlyingBits

This was BS! It was found later to be an issue with the HD controler and was rectified with a driver update.Not that there wont be bugs, but frankly Win7 is pretty good IMHO, not OSX but good considering all the configurations of Software/hardware it will handle..

This was BS! It was found later to be an issue with the HD controler and was rectified with a driver update.Not that there wont be bugs, but frankly Win7 is pretty good IMHO, not OSX but good considering all the configurations of Software/hardware it will handle..
No foul language please.

Typical of Microsoft Windows, release a beta version and fix it to a workable product with service patches over a year or two like, XP. But then there is the demise of Windows Vista. From the detailed technical reviews I have seen Windows 7 has essentially little to no performance improvment over Vista. Thus, putting lipstick on "PIG", routine is getting more and more common with Microsoft; and is disturbing of American consumer ethics. :( BillyBob.
Don't knock it til you've tried it. Win 7 is DRAMATICALLY better than Vista. I was an early adopter on Vista and it was horrible! Back to XP within weeks. The public beta was a great idea for MS as I would not buy another OS after being ripped off on Vista. I have been using Win 7 64 since early beta and it SMOKES 32 bit XP (don't have 64). It's extremely stable, I love the UI, and it is FAST compared to Vista and XP. Before you blindly bash, try it. It's free and it's easy to set up as a dual-boot. I haven't booted into XP in months now.

Eddie
KABQ

Win7 is easily one of the best OSes Microsoft has released. This is stupid, people with agendas blowing things out of proportion.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest roddymod

Could I respectfully suggest that all those who feel that they are being short changed, ripped off, whatever by Microsoft and its second rate software, should stop using MS products and use another os.I am heartily sick of all these whingers who, every time MS introduces something new, trot out the same old boring mantras about how incompetent MS is.Get real guys. Without MS you would not have a flight simulator and, probably, not even a PC.