Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

Windows Seven Dedicated Forum !

Hi guys,As simmers migrate to Win 7, we are sure there are going to be numerous questions regarding the use of FS and other sims in this new system. We have opened this forum for the community to focus on that OS and the impact of FS use within it. I'm waiting for you there :--)Best regards,DavidDirect link to the Forum

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest Cramer

Ok, so let's start it. I'm thinking about migrate to Win7 but I a little concerned about what add ons are or are not compatibles with it. Now I'm using winXP and FS9 and I don't have the FSX in sight. Does anyone here know about any add-on that is NOT compatible with the Win7? A friend mine said something about PMDG's products although another didn't say anything and he uses PMDGs. :(

Hi,As Windows 7 is a 64-bit program the original RealityXP GNS Garmin GPS units won't run, or, more precisely, the 16-bit Trainers won't operate. For aircraft so equipped (such as the GA aircraft from Dreamfleet) there shouldn't be any problems with the planes, you just won't have a working GPS.This can be "solved" by updating to the appropriate GNS WAAS unit, although you may need to update other gauges as well to get back full inter-gauge communication, but this is a different issue not related to Windows 7.Alastair

Guest cirrrus

Hi there, I have used many OS with both FS9 and FSX and must say that FS9 still takes priority on my system.......just personal preference. I upgraded to Win 7 upon release of this OS and opted for the 64bit rather than the 32 bit version.......yes we have a choice. Every aspect of both FS9 and FSX work perfectly, Aircraft,Scenery,GPS ect. Most of my Aircraft are payware, as is most of my scenery and landclass ect.....not a problem with any of it. The only problem area, was that originally, the dedicated drivers from NVidia seemed to crash my rig ,stuttering and frezing during any game, not just FS, but rececnt updates from NVidia have rectified that problem also.If you are considering upgrading your OS, FS should run perfectly well on Win 7.

What nVidia updates are you referring to? I ask because I've been reluctant to change anything with my GTX 275 card, fearing that updating a driver would mess things up. My driver is 8.17.11.9621 and nHancer v 2.57. Thoughts?

Guest F4PhantomRAAF2
Hi there, I have used many OS with both FS9 and FSX and must say that FS9 still takes priority on my system.......just personal preference. I upgraded to Win 7 upon release of this OS and opted for the 64bit rather than the 32 bit version.......yes we have a choice. Every aspect of both FS9 and FSX work perfectly, Aircraft,Scenery,GPS ect. Most of my Aircraft are payware, as is most of my scenery and landclass ect.....not a problem with any of it. The only problem area, was that originally, the dedicated drivers from NVidia seemed to crash my rig ,stuttering and frezing during any game, not just FS, but rececnt updates from NVidia have rectified that problem also.If you are considering upgrading your OS, FS should run perfectly well on Win 7.
If you use 4GB memory or more on your Win 7 64 bit system, FS9 still runs fine?

Thanks for creating this thread. I hope some of our technical geniuses will show up here and give us some good info. I am awaiting delivery of a long-dreamed of new PC optimized for FS9. It comes with Win7 64 bit and I am hoping that it will run FS9 without any issues. If it doesn't, I have a backup plan - replace Win7 with XP X64 which I am assured is the perfect OS for FS9. But to buy XP X64 is a fairly hefty price so I'm hoping it won't be necessary...Here's the advice I've been given so far regarding FS9 and Win7...Install FS into it's own disk and folder, NOT the win7 / programs folder.Make sure UAC is OFF for the FS disk.Make sure all users have full access rights to the FS disk and any other FS applications.

Thanks for creating this thread. I hope some of our technical geniuses will show up here and give us some good info. I am awaiting delivery of a long-dreamed of new PC optimized for FS9. It comes with Win7 64 bit and I am hoping that it will run FS9 without any issues. If it doesn't, I have a backup plan - replace Win7 with XP X64 which I am assured is the perfect OS for FS9. But to buy XP X64 is a fairly hefty price so I'm hoping it won't be necessary...Here's the advice I've been given so far regarding FS9 and Win7...Install FS into it's own disk and folder, NOT the win7 / programs folder.Make sure UAC is OFF for the FS disk.Make sure all users have full access rights to the FS disk and any other FS applications.
So far so good. Followed advice above and so far nothing major has happened though there have been a few weird glitches. Not sure if they are hardware of Win7 related. When it's all working right, it's fantastic!

After many years of running my FS 2004 using Windows XP Pro SP1/2/3 successfully, a Hard Drive crash forced an install of Windows 7 (32 bit for compatibility with my "older" software/hardware).As a result, I have noticed that FS Navigator is not happy swapping between FS 2004 full screen, and FS Navigator full screen modes, using the default "F9" key press.It takes a while, using various key-presses, to get the two programs full screen displays to swap and display correctly and smoothly between each other, with both programs running at the same time.An annoying problem which never occurred, using Windows XP Pro.I am tempted to boot up my choice of two Hard Drives from DOS; with FS 2004 and associated programs installed on one HDD using Windows XP Pro, and Windows 7 on the other HDD running all my other programs "reasonably well?"Conclusion: FS 2004, and programs designed for it, is a perfectly Happy Bunny, running under Windows XP... :( ...!Paul...FS 2004...FS Navigator... :( ...!Processor: Socket A, AMD Athlon Thoroughbred 2600XP MMX (2.1 GB). Video Card: nVidia AGP 7800GS. 256 MB.

Any aircraft recommendations for FS2004 on windows 7?I'm searching for an aircraft which can do regional PAX flights.Level-D 763ER - To big for regional flightsPMDG 737NG - Bugs all the way to it's destination (no altitude constraint, corrupter gauges,...)Feelthere ERJ's - Make FS9 crash.Wilco A320 ser.- Bugs FS settings.F1 ATR-72-500 - Can't get it installed on FS9 wis OS Win7.Is there anyone who knows a quality add-on?

Any aircraft recommendations for FS2004 on windows 7?I'm searching for an aircraft which can do regional PAX flights.Level-D 763ER - To big for regional flightsPMDG 737NG - Bugs all the way to it's destination (no altitude constraint, corrupter gauges,...)Feelthere ERJ's - Make FS9 crash.Wilco A320 ser.- Bugs FS settings.F1 ATR-72-500 - Can't get it installed on FS9 wis OS Win7.Is there anyone who knows a quality add-on?
I'm using the feelthere ERJs (SP2) with no problems in win7-64bit. Are you sure, you're installing it correctly?

I'm using the feelthere ERJs (SP2) with no problems in win7-64bit. Are you sure, you're installing it correctly?
If that includes right click on the installer and hit "run as administrator", yes. (UAC is toggled off)It's weird because sometimes when im in full screen mode and i do "alt + tab" to swap to my desktop and switch back to FS2004 the aircraft is now pitching 70° nose down going in overspeed. and it only happens when i switch back to FS in full screen.After i recovered from that like 10 minutes after it my sim will just crash. I got the error message "MS flightsim hasa stopped working ....."By the way i have now discovered that the PMDG 737-800 seems to have a bug in the FMC. When on the climb page the aircraft won't accept any changes to the default speed restriction / altitude constraint of 250/10000 though minumum climb speed is set to 210kts in perf init.Using the 737-700 it works perfectly!

Now that I have the Windows 7 Upgrade I cant get to my tool bar options on my PMDG 747-400 or on my PMDG 737NG. Can someone please help?? Thanks......;)

Now that I have the Windows 7 Upgrade I cant get to my tool bar options on my PMDG 747-400 or on my PMDG 737NG. Can someone please help?? Thanks......;)
True that's an issue we all have.If you are in full screen and press alt you will see the upper grey menu of flightsim. If you have a specific PMDG menu tab i.e. "pannel settings" and you click on it to open, it won't show up.Your display will be black and nothing to click on.The solution to this is go out of full screen mode. You can do this by pressing: ALT + ENTERYou should now be able to modify your settings.Once done and back in FS ready to fly press ALT + ENTER again to swap back to full screen mode.

For regional flights, the ERJV2, QW757 and iFly 737s are working just fine on my Win7 64 bit system....tommie c