Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

Windows Seven Dedicated Forum !

I've just bought a quadcore laptop with windows 7 home prem x64 And I use FsRepaint which is 32bit :(So as I got a 500gig HDD built in I decided to install Xp x32 just to run Fs9 and everything to do with it.And FSX runs real sweet on windows 7. Well actualy the both do, the only reason I've done that is to be able to paint again for Virtual Evergreen and xp uses less resorces.Hope this is of help to someone :)

As a result, I have noticed that FS Navigator is not happy swapping between FS 2004 full screen, and FS Navigator full screen modes, using the default "F9" key press.It takes a while, using various key-presses, to get the two programs full screen displays to swap and display correctly and smoothly between each other, with both programs running at the same time.
I guess you may have a similar problem showing the kneeboard (F10) in FS9. I'm afraid the only workaround I know of (I can't call this a solution) is using windowed mode instead of full-screen mode. This applies also to Vista (but who wants to install Vista?). Hope this helps.Best regards from Colombia,Luis Miguel

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Any aircraft recommendations for FS2004 on windows 7?I'm searching for an aircraft which can do regional PAX flights.Level-D 763ER - To big for regional flightsPMDG 737NG - Bugs all the way to it's destination (no altitude constraint, corrupter gauges,...)Feelthere ERJ's - Make FS9 crash.Wilco A320 ser.- Bugs FS settings.F1 ATR-72-500 - Can't get it installed on FS9 wis OS Win7.Is there anyone who knows a quality add-on?
I have been using Flight 1's Fokker 70/100.It's not easy though, because you have to fly it like the real aeroplane.

I have been using Flight 1's Fokker 70/100.It's not easy though, because you have to fly it like the real aeroplane.
But there is no VC :(

After many years of running my FS 2004 using Windows XP Pro SP1/2/3 successfully, a Hard Drive crash forced an install of Windows 7 (32 bit for compatibility with my "older" software/hardware).As a result, I have noticed that FS Navigator is not happy swapping between FS 2004 full screen, and FS Navigator full screen modes, using the default "F9" key press.It takes a while, using various key-presses, to get the two programs full screen displays to swap and display correctly and smoothly between each other, with both programs running at the same time.An annoying problem which never occurred, using Windows XP Pro.I am tempted to boot up my choice of two Hard Drives from DOS; with FS 2004 and associated programs installed on one HDD using Windows XP Pro, and Windows 7 on the other HDD running all my other programs "reasonably well?" Conclusion: FS 2004, and programs designed for it, is a perfectly Happy Bunny, running under Windows XP... Hug.gif ...! Paul...FS 2004...FS Navigator... Big Grin.gif ...! Processor: Socket A, AMD Athlon Thoroughbred 2600XP MMX (2.1 GB).Video Card: nVidia AGP 7800GS. 256 MB.
I am having trouble updating my FS9 addon sceneries in a computer running on Windows 7. These addons were copied from another computer which I have rfunning on XP with no problem. Since Fozzer mentioned FSNav and Windows 7 I am wondering if the problem lies there, and not with any of the addon sceneries I have been desperately trying to locate as a culprit. Could someone assist in telling me how to check these addon files for a possible corruption or how best to go about this problem?

I am having trouble updating my FS9 addon sceneries in a computer running on Windows 7. These addons were copied from another computer which I have rfunning on XP with no problem. Since Fozzer mentioned FSNav and Windows 7 I am wondering if the problem lies there, and not with any of the addon sceneries I have been desperately trying to locate as a culprit. Could someone assist in telling me how to check these addon files for a possible corruption or how best to go about this problem?
I changed from Win XP Pro to Win 7 32 bit, and installed all my old sceneries with no problems.I just popped the scenery folders into my FS 2004 add-on scenery folder, and "added" them, one by one, in the Settings > Scenery Library "add-on scenery" within the FS 2004 Menu...it takes a little while if you have lots of scenery files....like me!(I don't think its any problem to do with Win 7 or FS Nav). Paul....cool.png ...! Win 7 Home.Processor: Pentium 4, Dual Core 2.8 GHz.Graphics: nVidia Ge-Force PCIe 9500 GT.

I changed from Win XP Pro to Win 7 32 bit, and installed all my old sceneries with no problems.I just popped the scenery folders into my FS 2004 add-on scenery folder, and "added" them, one by one, in the Settings > Scenery Library "add-on scenery" within the FS 2004 Menu...it takes a little while if you have lots of scenery files....like me!(I don't think its any problem to do with Win 7 or FS Nav). Paul....cool.png ...! Win 7 Home.Processor: Pentium 4, Dual Core 2.8 GHz.Graphics: nVidia Ge-Force PCIe 9500 GT.
Thanks a lot, Paul for your answer. I will follow the indicated procedure after accumulating a large amount of patience for the many sceneries I will have to go through individually. But it will be very valuable for my need. Best of luck, my friend. Clarindo

I have read everything in this forum and I think I know how to solve the problems I have with several products since installing them onto my Windows 7 machine,But I am probably dumber than everyone on here when it comes to computers so please could anyone tell mehow I log on as administratorhow do I turn the UAC offhow do I make sure all users have access to the FS diskMany thanks in advance

New to the flight sim deal and am trying to figure out what the best approach for installing FS9.I am currently running Windows 7 Ultimate x32 SP1, Athlon 64x2 5000+ Dual Core Processor @ 2.6mHz, 2GB of RAM, nVidia onboard GeForce 6150 nForce 450 video card.I have been considering a change to x64. I can put up to 8gb of RAM on the machine. As I understand it, x32 is limited to using 4GB of RAM but the x64 is not. I know I need a graphics card but I am just concerned at this point on the OS.Is moving from x32 to x64 going to be that big of a boost given the hardware involved?Any thoughts?THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Wondering if I might be able to get some input on a surprising issues.I have long made missions and AI traffic BGL files which I would place in folders with a sub-folder named "scenery" and then would path to that folder in the FSX Scenery Library, left click once on that folder, and when hitting the OK button, the scenery would load to the library and the folder name would appear at the top of the Scenery Library list.However, two people I sent my latest package to have said that using Win 7 when they performed that click of the OK button, instead of loading the BGL files to the library, instead, it went a step deeper into the folder and just opened it up to show the scenery sub-folder. When they then left clicked on the scenery sub-folder, it did not recognize the presence of the BGL files.When they single left click on the project folder, the Scenery Area cell is filed with the name of the folder, so it appears that FSX recognizes the presence of the BGL files in the sub-folder, but again, when the OK button is clicked, it simply paths deeper down to the sub-folder.Any ideas?Ken

I have Win 7 64 bit and FS9 and many payware add-on AC, ATR-72-500, PSS Dash 8 and Airbus 320 professional,747-200RFP 747-400 pro, 727 pro, level D 767 pic 737, PMDG 737 600-800 and many others,all run fine except Wilco Airbus evolution vol 2which crashes to desktop everytime I exit a flight.I haven't had any success with support yet.

I have WIN 7 and a lot of my stuff will not operate like ACTIVE SKY 6 willnot operate on WIN 7 even though it's for FS9,even my printer softwre won't operate but when I plugged in the printer it works,who ever invented WIN 7 was on acid.I have WILCO'S CIT X and I haven't got any help from the day I bought it.

I have WIN 7 and a lot of my stuff will not operate like ACTIVE SKY 6 willnot operate on WIN 7 even though it's for FS9,evenmy printer softwre won't operate but when I plugged in the printer it works,who ever invented WIN 7 was on acid.I have WILCO'S CIT X and I haven't got any help from the day I bought it.
Active Sky 6 works very well with FS9 on Win7.

Peter Schluter

WIN 7 is a real nightmare I have taken FS9 OUT 3 times and reinstalled it and 30 to 40% of the default airports don't show up I'm not really sure how much I'm missing and I keep getting scenery config errors in several localsI'm in a blunder bus even some of the new ac I try to install in fsx the textures don't show!!! GIVE ME A BOTTLE OF SCOTCH AND TAKE ME AWAY!!!!BILL GATES must be getting a kickback on the tnanquilizers and scotch!!!TO: PSCHLUTE I would like to know how you got ACTIVE SKY 6 to work Igot WIN 7 64 BIT with SP2 and my pc won't even acknowledge it,It says will not support this program!!!

RDWWhere have you installed Flightsim on your computer ?Are you the administrator ?Have you turned off UAC ?I am using FS9 btw.

Peter Schluter