Sign in to follow this  
Ourgas2

MD-11. Too high pitch on take off.

Guest 413X3

cat3c it is not legal to hand fly, auto pilot must be engaged. cat3a/b at minimums you disconnect and land manually but only if the runway is in sight. there are different types of cat3 landing and 3c is not "hand flying" at all.

cat3c it is not legal to hand fly, auto pilot must be engaged. cat3b at minimums you disconnect and land manually but only if the runway is in sight. there are different types of cat3 landing and 3c is not "hand flying" at all.
So I guess your telling me American Airlines lies to it's pilots then because on the 737 you must disengage the autopilot by 1000ft AGL and handfly the approach using the HUD.Kevin W.

Guy's Kevin is right, Alaska airlines also handfly CATIIIB if the aircraft is equiped with a HUD. I also think FEDEX is testing this on some of there MD10's If successful they will roll it out across the MD11'sNo Hud, then it's the Automatics or divert.RegardsRob

Rob Prest

if the aircraft is equiped with a HUD
Key point. Not all Cat III capable aircraft have a HUD system. It's recent thing.Best regards,Robin.

Key point. Not all Cat III capable aircraft have a HUD system. It's recent thing.Best regards,Robin.
True, however I think Kevin was only talking about AA 737-800 RegardsRob

Rob Prest