Sign in to follow this  
Barthandelus

No 2D panel? Seriously!?

It's easier than you think! If you think FSX is hard to navigate - try DCS:BS in the heat of combat. That's hard. TrackIR or similar is almost a MUST otherwise expect to lose your rotors at the first opportunity.If you tweak the VC view as I have done it makes a lot of difference. Whilst the default configuration may be technically accurate, usability is close to zero. Sitting further back helps a lot, whilst enabling you to keep a reasonable zoom level (and thus clarity).I certainly wouldn't criticize it until you've given it a serious go.Best regards,Robin.
Hi Robin,I have tried it of course (no option with the J41). What I meant was getting used to the skewed overhead panel view, which you can't do anything about without Track IR (which allows leaning). Yes, zooming out improves the field of view, but you then get fisheye distortion and the panel looks too far away.However, I certainly wouldn't stop using the J41 because of a lack of 2D panels. The VC is very high quality, close to 2D standards. I just think there's a place for both VC and 2D panels in any sim.RegardsKevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Ahh! I got the impression you were holding off buying it because of this.I agree that it isn't ideal, but IMHO, not a deal breaker either.Best regards,Robin.