Sign in to follow this  

SURVEY!!! What aircraft/panel project would you like to see done?

Hey guys... I have been chatting with a payware FS developer recently helping him decide what his next project should be. My suggestion was to do a corporate jet, perhaps a Gulfstream V with a full FMC. He is concerned that many flight simmers wouldn't fly the Gulfstream V because it is corporate and many people favor the commercial airliners. He thinks that flight simmers would favor perhaps a DC-10 with a INS unit. So here are the two parts to the survey:1.) What would you rather see developed? A Gulfstream V or some sort of corporate jet... OR a DC-10 or commercial airliner? The price will probably be around $15, but the package will contain an aircraft model, accurate flight dynamics, sounds, and of course a full panel with FMC/INS. Which would you buy?2.) If you don't like the above selections, what airplane would you like to see done?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for asking the public! I personally would not like a DC-10 w/ INS because INS is becoming a thing of the past. However, I would tell this designer to look to Eaglesoft Development Group as proof that a biz-jet can and would sell very well. A G-V would not be my first choice, but if he can pull it off with as much accuracy as Eaglesoft did AND this plane would have an FMC for $15, I would 100% certainly buy.-Andrew

I would like to see a 757, I know we have 767PIC, but no one has done the 757, I think it would be good.

I would like to see a smaller commuter plane like the Beech 1900.

Personally, I would like to see a well done CRJ, the POSKY model is great, but there needs to be a payware panel with it. I've seen some good panels (I actually modified one for use with Reality XP gauges), but I'd like to see one with FMC, a good FDE and most important SYSTEMS!! The portion of the air industry that is experiencing the greatest growth is the RJ market, I'm impressed with the ERJ from Ed Grabowski, now if we can only have that for the CRJ.

Hi Guys,I'd like to see both the G-V and the DC-10. But they'd have to be top quality in all areas to convince me to part money for them. I'm sure they will though.I'd have to prefer the G-V over the -10 though as there's already tons of heavy iron available. If one could do the V in the style of the freeware Dassault Falcon 50, but better (not that the Falcon lacks at all either), it'd be a solid product.Just curious though, what about a classic era aicraft like a DC-6 or 7, or an L1049? All we really have in those areas of payware would be the MAAM DC-3 and B-25. I ran up a Beech E18S once at college and it was not the easiest aircraft to get going. Both hands were constantly moving as well as the eyes on the instruments continuously. I could imagine flying it! If you've read Ernest K Ganns', "Fate Is The Hunter", you can relate to what I'm getting at with the classics. Thanks, Kyle CF-AOA

Beside having no apetite for "big iron" (seems we have too many of them already) I foremost believe in quality before quantity. The main question for me is no 'what aircraft' but 'how well done'. Frankly I am yet to see anything in the $15 range that would tickle my fancy or deliver quality I expect. I want things done to the detail and realism of the Flight1's Meridian and more than often the pricing is set accordingly (you do occasionally see exceptional freeware). And whether it is a Gulftream, Galaxy, CJ1, Excel or Bravo is of secondary importance. Oh, I do prefer single-pilot-capable airplanes. OK, you want my choice - Raytheon's Premier (but with higher standards).Michael J.http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg

I would love to see a 747-400 aircraft/panel done like the PIC767. In my opinion there is still a big whole in this area even with the payware that is available.

I'm inclined to agree with Fred. A beech 1900 would be really great or some other small low wing regional turboprop. My second pick would likely be a Saab 340. A 757 would also be very nice to have - something in the quality of PMDG's 777 for the Fly! series. IMO that was a classic. I have PIC767 and I really like it but...it would also be nice to have some kind of load manager such as what comes with Dream Fleet's 737.Not trying to sound indecisive, but I'd certainly buy any of the aforementioned.Don't suppose your developer friend could throw in a working weather radar? ;-) Well...at least not for $15.00. :-badteeth Adam

I would LOVE a Gulfstream V! That and the Gulfstream IV are my favorite business jets

Beechcraft King Air C90B, a true classic. Not modeled recently, and to my my mind, very welcome.Michael VerlinHistoric Jetliners Group

Remember the Beech KA200? by some Veneaviones or somthing, whatever happened to that project?

I too would love to see a B1900D. Mike Stone has done a nice one, and I like the panel from Barry Blaisdell but to have a 1900D in payware would be great. I maybe wrong but I think, IMHO this would be in demand. Are there any payware turboprop commuters?

Hello!I would strongly suuggest doing a corporate plane, but something more "sexy", like a Beech starship or the Pilatus PC-12. Of course it should have approriate navigation equipment, at least for LNAV. FMC

Hi alland my mustard... as spoken in germany... means: just another meaningGULFSTREAM 550!!!well done model, VC and a top Panel (the Honeywell 14" flat screens with full functional gauges - always if possible for action in fs2004, not more) a full electric and APU -System, Fuell management and easy FMC... mostly for a more realistic use with real flightplans as also FS2002/04 Flightplans.ehmm... EVS may not work in FS2002, that's no problem :)WHY G550?it's a "small" jet aircraft, but long range available. it's not a 8/15 airliner, stoping at Gates, pick up passenger trough anonymous gates and flying a strict FP... this feeling - i think - may work at all with so much PAY and Freeware (PPS, PIC, APOLLO, etc.) existing in our comunity!But where is the individual virtual fly-feeling? it's starting at unknown small airstrips, just long enough for a Gulfstream (9,000 ft?)and reaching unknown places in the world, learning more about our beautiful planet, not always flying North Atlantic standard tracks, but maybe a route from Johannesbourg to Ulan Bator, or Juno to Manaus!Okay, there exists a lot of GA aircrafts, but most of them cannot be used for such large distance, so my meaning is... use a Gulfstream, or similar, and get that lonesome-privat-holiday-feeling... fly from your home town to your most desired beauty destinations without limits... or have you seen an AA or a Qantas in a town like Iquitos - Peru or Padang - Indonesia?give us that modern Air Management-Feeling! and give us this in a indivdual flexible way... learn about your surrounding and unknown places... there's no global village but a global universe!:D :D :D---END---Kind regard... and awaiting, someone os doing soooooon a modern Gulfstream 550!!!Francis

Just by reading the the title post I knew that my answer whould be: Gulfstream V SP or by the new names G550! I was quite surprised that it was actually considered an option. :) Full panel with eASY glass cockpit...(insert Homer Simpson "aahhhhhhh").

Hi Rumpleteaser,given the amount of work required to offer what you are suggesting as a package, including avionics and FMC, I would just tend to think that either your "friend" release it as a freeware instead of a $15 payware (with all this, $15 or nothing simply means that it has the value of the love put to design it and money is not a concern nor a driver), OR, he seeks advices with a lawyer to avoid being charged for dumping by another vendor...an illegal practice in many "western" countries...However, this sounds good!Hope this helps!

Bill Grabowski is working on an MD-11 panel, it may not be released for some time yet, but the screenshots look incredible.

I would like to buy an accurate model of the amazing 777-200with full FMC EICAS EADI etc.. working tcas and electroic checklists.

A fully modeled 747-400 to the standard of the PIC767 would be fantastic as the PSS 747 leaves much to be desired. And please make all the buttons work, even if they do nothing at all, I can then use proper real world procedures. And you should state with the download that not all buttons have a function, that way people will not email you and complain about the unmarked button to the left of the Flight recorder that is not working. :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) Andrew

Hi all,would be nice a PA31-350 Chieftain panel with the Bendix king radios and the digital fuel flow gauge.....or better a L-410 a nice commuter type....but definitly the chieftain is a runner up.....Sergio,