Sign in to follow this  

SURVEY!!! What aircraft/panel project would you like to see done?

Hey guys... I have been chatting with a payware FS developer recently helping him decide what his next project should be. My suggestion was to do a corporate jet, perhaps a Gulfstream V with a full FMC. He is concerned that many flight simmers wouldn't fly the Gulfstream V because it is corporate and many people favor the commercial airliners. He thinks that flight simmers would favor perhaps a DC-10 with a INS unit. So here are the two parts to the survey:1.) What would you rather see developed? A Gulfstream V or some sort of corporate jet... OR a DC-10 or commercial airliner? The price will probably be around $15, but the package will contain an aircraft model, accurate flight dynamics, sounds, and of course a full panel with FMC/INS. Which would you buy?2.) If you don't like the above selections, what airplane would you like to see done?

Guest AndrewMal

Thanks for asking the public! I personally would not like a DC-10 w/ INS because INS is becoming a thing of the past. However, I would tell this designer to look to Eaglesoft Development Group as proof that a biz-jet can and would sell very well. A G-V would not be my first choice, but if he can pull it off with as much accuracy as Eaglesoft did AND this plane would have an FMC for $15, I would 100% certainly buy.-Andrew

Guest A321

I would like to see a 757, I know we have 767PIC, but no one has done the 757, I think it would be good.

Guest ba747heavy

I would like to see a smaller commuter plane like the Beech 1900.

Guest Lobaeux4

Personally, I would like to see a well done CRJ, the POSKY model is great, but there needs to be a payware panel with it. I've seen some good panels (I actually modified one for use with Reality XP gauges), but I'd like to see one with FMC, a good FDE and most important SYSTEMS!! The portion of the air industry that is experiencing the greatest growth is the RJ market, I'm impressed with the ERJ from Ed Grabowski, now if we can only have that for the CRJ.

Hi Guys,I'd like to see both the G-V and the DC-10. But they'd have to be top quality in all areas to convince me to part money for them. I'm sure they will though.I'd have to prefer the G-V over the -10 though as there's already tons of heavy iron available. If one could do the V in the style of the freeware Dassault Falcon 50, but better (not that the Falcon lacks at all either), it'd be a solid product.Just curious though, what about a classic era aicraft like a DC-6 or 7, or an L1049? All we really have in those areas of payware would be the MAAM DC-3 and B-25. I ran up a Beech E18S once at college and it was not the easiest aircraft to get going. Both hands were constantly moving as well as the eyes on the instruments continuously. I could imagine flying it! If you've read Ernest K Ganns', "Fate Is The Hunter", you can relate to what I'm getting at with the classics. Thanks, Kyle CF-AOA

Beside having no apetite for "big iron" (seems we have too many of them already) I foremost believe in quality before quantity. The main question for me is no 'what aircraft' but 'how well done'. Frankly I am yet to see anything in the $15 range that would tickle my fancy or deliver quality I expect. I want things done to the detail and realism of the Flight1's Meridian and more than often the pricing is set accordingly (you do occasionally see exceptional freeware). And whether it is a Gulftream, Galaxy, CJ1, Excel or Bravo is of secondary importance. Oh, I do prefer single-pilot-capable airplanes. OK, you want my choice - Raytheon's Premier (but with higher standards).Michael J.http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg

Guest groundpounder75

I would love to see a 747-400 aircraft/panel done like the PIC767. In my opinion there is still a big whole in this area even with the payware that is available.

Guest abent

I'm inclined to agree with Fred. A beech 1900 would be really great or some other small low wing regional turboprop. My second pick would likely be a Saab 340. A 757 would also be very nice to have - something in the quality of PMDG's 777 for the Fly! series. IMO that was a classic. I have PIC767 and I really like it but...it would also be nice to have some kind of load manager such as what comes with Dream Fleet's 737.Not trying to sound indecisive, but I'd certainly buy any of the aforementioned.Don't suppose your developer friend could throw in a working weather radar? ;-) Well...at least not for $15.00. :-badteeth Adam

I would LOVE a Gulfstream V! That and the Gulfstream IV are my favorite business jets

Beechcraft King Air C90B, a true classic. Not modeled recently, and to my my mind, very welcome.Michael VerlinHistoric Jetliners Group

Remember the Beech KA200? by some Veneaviones or somthing, whatever happened to that project?

I too would love to see a B1900D. Mike Stone has done a nice one, and I like the panel from Barry Blaisdell but to have a 1900D in payware would be great. I maybe wrong but I think, IMHO this would be in demand. Are there any payware turboprop commuters?