Sign in to follow this  
Flaps30

Some Suggestions for XP10 from an FSX User

Guest abulaafia
I wish someone from Aerosoft would bother to read this thread... Apparently they think they can roll out a simulator in less than 3 years time. Oh GOD talk about competition! Anyways even if the two new planes aren't PMDG quality hopefully they'll make one boeing and one airbus.. and we can cut and paste the systems into forming an entire fleet.
Don't forget that Aerosoft is backed by A LOT of money. Insiders don't doubt their plans. They will, however, focus almost entirely on commercial aspects, i.e. turn it into a well-selling game, not a simulator for purists. If they play their cards right and bring the right 3D environment in, they will outdo both MS and LR. Time will tell.

I totally agree and will probably get a copy as soon as I can secure a faster machine. My personality is such that the "feel" of the x-plane as I perceive it (because I know larry perceives it different :-)) is at the top of my list..which is why FSX will probably never quite do it for me. But I do look at all the features it does have and say to myself...x-plane needs that...and forward we go to try and do it. At least it gives me something to do after work!
Yes, after all these years, I still haven't changed my thoughts when it comes to "feel". Everytime I'm up there flying the Van's RV6A on a cross-country flight(which is about every weekend).............I'm once again thinking that FSX is duplicating the sensation of it all ---- more than X-Plane. If the time comes that X-Plane suddendly involves into a lasting WOW factor, I'll easily make a transition with no regrets. But so far it has not. So don't feel guilty about running FSX! I still say that FSX IS actually closer to being more real (overall) in the flight dynamics department. Those X-Plane slogans you've been hearing all these years are just hype and marketing. A big myth! :( L.Adamson ---- waiting to see if X-Plane 10 is a big improvement..

Yes, after all these years, I still haven't changed my thoughts when it comes to "feel". Everytime I'm up there flying the Van's RV6A on a cross-country flight(which is about every weekend).............I'm once again thinking that FSX is duplicating the sensation of it all ---- more than X-Plane. If the time comes that X-Plane suddendly involves into a lasting WOW factor, I'll easily make a transition with no regrets. But so far it has not. So don't feel guilty about running FSX! I still say that FSX IS actually closer to being more real (overall) in the flight dynamics department. Those X-Plane slogans you've been hearing all these years are just hype and marketing. A big myth! :( L.Adamson ---- waiting to see if X-Plane 10 is a big improvement..
Larry, we both know that it isn't the simulator itself that is causing the Flight modeling in both instances, it's the aircraft maker. Someone who makes a crappy aircraft will have a crappy aircraft, regardless of the sim.Personally, I'm hoping 10 uses OpenCL and that Austin was actually paying attention with those feature requests I made... If 10 uses OpenCL then odds are those with beefy vid cards will see a MASSIVE improvement in FPS.

Guest AVN8tr

I must admit the clouds look freaking amazing in x-plane and that's all done on the shaders, to me they look like the real thing and makes FSX clouds look like a cartoon at best. Personally I think the new stuff from Microsoft DirectX11, Visual Studio for Cuda, and others look more promising as a development platform than using OpenCL...

I must admit the clouds look freaking amazing in x-plane and that's all done on the shaders, to me they look like the real thing and makes FSX clouds look like a cartoon at best. Personally I think the new stuff from Microsoft DirectX11, Visual Studio for Cuda, and others look more promising as a development platform than using OpenCL...
OpenCL is CUDA/Stream except it works on ALL video cards, not just 1 manufacturer. It's the OpenGL of GPU computing....If stuff were using it, you would notice it, but right now it's not even in the full 1.0 stage, still in beta.

Guest NWjetflyer
If you have insight about XP10 I would be particularly interested in knowing what, if any improvements are being made to the ground textures, especially at low altitude. That's one of the biggest turn-offs for me in XP9.
IF you go to FSbreak.com and listen to episode 22 IIRC. Austin Meyer is the featured guest and they talk X-Plane for over an hour. They talk XP9 and what to expect in XP10!!!!

Guest nikereact

Give me a friggin break, XP 10 will never have PMDG quality, because there is a huge lack of addon producersStop visiting the .org forums, they are filled only with pathetic and lifeless moderators, who will ban you for downloading the same file twice

Give me a friggin break, XP 10 will never have PMDG quality, because there is a huge lack of addon producersStop visiting the .org forums, they are filled only with pathetic and lifeless moderators, who will ban you for downloading the same file twice
Not wonder you get banned from all those forums, impersonating other members using their names. Not unlike what you did here, been a member here a long time. Signing my name in your posts is illegal.Sure hope the Admins here do the right thing.The real Jim KallinenAnd don`t bother using my sons name either. Grow up, 17 now and you act like my son with asbergers.

Guest nikereact
Not wonder you get banned from all those forums, impersonating other members using their names. Not unlike what you did here, been a member here a long time. Signing my name in your posts is illegal.Sure hope the Admins here do the right thing.The real Jim KallinenAnd don`t bother using my sons name either. Grow up, 17 now and you act like my son with asbergers.
I have no idea what you are talking about :(

Guest devrandom

XPjets has a really promising Boeing 777 to the quality of PMDG, but development is really slow, been following it for months. Really, that's the only thing that's keeping me from flying in Xplane, lack of quality aircraft mostly. I'd like some smarter AI traffic as well, with some nicer scenery, but mostly want better aircraft!

If it looks like FS11 will never be made, while X-Plane is still being actively developed, then developers will start moving over to X-Plane.

XPjets has a really promising Boeing 777 to the quality of PMDG, but development is really slow, been following it for months. Really, that's the only thing that's keeping me from flying in Xplane, lack of quality aircraft mostly. I'd like some smarter AI traffic as well, with some nicer scenery, but mostly want better aircraft!
Rest assured all these issues are actively in the works and aggressively being tended to. Tom Kyler

Rest assured all these issues are actively in the works and aggressively being tended to. Tom Kyler
Does that include the low-altitude ground textures? That would sure make an enormous difference for me.......that and filling up those deserted airports.