Sign in to follow this  
soerennielsen

Files added today.

Files added today.Files added today as per front page, do not show up anywhere in the library. You still have a big problem.Nothing mentioned on frontpage. Please let us know!!!Soeren Nielsen

Hi folks,can copy that. None of the promoted files is available up to now. RegardsChris

I am sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties, and the library is not working properly. Here's the new announcement from the main page:**************The Library is Offline TemporarilyPosted: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 - 0:37Yes, the library is offline. You may have noticed that we announced that it was back, but that was a temporary thing. Here's the deal... Yesterday we had to reboot our file library server. When it came back up, it conveniently forgot to bring the NAS disk system back with it. We have been struggling a little bit to get the NAS back, and we expect to have it online tomorrow. We are sorry for the interruption in service, of course, but the community needs to understand that we are still working out the bugs that carry over from the destruction of AVSIM in May. We will get there, but ask for your patience in the meantime. More news on the library later tomorrow.**************

Guest Ijineda

Im afraid that even when the library will be back eventually, it will be of little interest as most people have moved away from avsim. But without contributors, the library will stay worthless and irrelevant. Seems that the hack was successful at last.

Im afraid that even when the library will be back eventually, it will be of little interest as most people have moved away from avsim. But without contributors, the library will stay worthless and irrelevant. Seems that the hack was successful at last.
That's not really true in my case.At the moment i use FSCom for all my downloads. I admit that the continuing problem with AVSIMs library is rather frustrating,but the forums are still available and when the library is back up i will definitely use it again.I have always visited a number of sim sites anyway and will continue to do so.I do hope though that the remaining big gun sites Flight SIM com etc have taken on board what has occurred here and will have taken all available measures to guard against similar attacks on there sites.Why anybody would want to launch these attacks against the sim community is a mystery to me,but it seems wherever people gather for peaceful pursuits whether virtually or actually,you can be sure that sh**ts won't be far behind.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

The only thing worthless and irrelevant? I disagree. I don't think you are accurately judging the loyalty of the AVSIM users and contributors. BTW, if you think the hack was successful why are you even posting here?Regards,Mel

Guest Nikola
The only thing worthless and irrelevant? I disagree. I don't think you are accurately judging the loyalty of the AVSIM users and contributors. BTW, if you think the hack was successful why are you even posting here?Regards,Mel
I'll never again download/upload files from some other flightsim library, just because some idiots think that attack was successful. I'll wait for avsim guys to fix that problem, and continue to use this great library. Someone had an idea that attacking avsim will be great for other libraries publicity, and because of that other libraries for me do not exist anymore :)Go, and fix that damn library, take your time, and beleve me, there is lot of people that waiting for filesregards and best wishes,Nikola J.

Guest Gary Buska
I'll never again download/upload files from some other flightsim library, just because some idiots think that attack was successful. I'll wait for avsim guys to fix that problem, and continue to use this great library. Someone had an idea that attacking avsim will be great for other libraries publicity, and because of that other libraries for me do not exist anymore :)Go, and fix that damn library, take your time, and beleve me, there is lot of people that waiting for filesregards and best wishes,Nikola J.
We appreciate you support and thank you for your kind words.I have used avsim as my main source of down loads for a long time. Even before I became a library editor. I use one other site beside this one but never really liked the way they have there aircraft arranged and it can be difficult to locate specific aircraft. I have to admit it took me some time to figure out the search function here at avsim as it can be tricky to use, But I later found out the secrete is the wild cards and looking in the correct section . It can really help narrow down what you are looking for.This has been a difficult time for AVSIM but I can assure you we will get everything back up . The hardest part of all of this is you have to remember we are all volunteers here and have real jobs which keep us away from here. Which is just one of the reasons it seems to take so long for us to solve a problem .

What kind of stupidity is this? What do you mean: 'Seems that the hack was successful at last.' I hope you have simply badly phrased your statement and will therefore not tell you exactly what I think of it.I can tell you this:-AVSIM is not worthless and irrelevant; -The hack was not successful in destroying AVSIM;-The current library problem is only temporary and we will be back in full force soon.Hope this clarifies things.To everyone else who has supported AVSIM in these difficult times - We are very grateful to you and hope to resume providing the service ASAP.

Guest Cessna172SP

Working for me today...

Guest Ijineda

The aggression towards my remark and the insults remind me of totalitarian states where any kind of critizism is forbidden. It also shows that I

The aggression towards my remark and the insults remind me of totalitarian states where any kind of critizism is forbidden. It also shows that I

Has it crossed your small mind that you got what you deserved? If you are insulted that the majority have a different opinion, to bad! You have only touched a nerve by being blatantly opinionated in disagreement with a great many people who have a better attitude than yours about this hobby, and a far greater gift for diplomatic communication. Minds like yours are what creates the totalitarian atmosphere you spewed about. I for one, am proud to be a member of this hobby and the AVSIM "community". As to your last childish insult, I would bet that the average I.Q. around here leaves you far short by comparison, mine is over 200, what yours? So we know who the stupid and idiotic are. You have mistaken disgust for being a weak point. You comments invited the criticism you received and that was what you got. Finally, I noticed that you did not reply as to why you here at all, considering that you think the AVSIM hack was successful and that we are all losers. In closing; it amuses me that you stir up a hornets nest and then whine to the very people you insult and belittle. Enough,......I've paid you more attention than you deserve and I will be looking forward to your next effort at making friends and contributing to the Flight Simulator hobby.Sincerely,MelP.S. To everyone at AVSIM; my gratitude, support and all the patience necessary to see things through to a complete recovery and improvement. Thank you all.
Good heavens Mel IQ over two hundred!you must be a quad core human indeed.cheers Andy :(

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Hello everybody,although my IQ isn't 200 I still would like to ask some of you to calm down a bit. AVSIM was never the place for insults and childish arguing, but always a place where flightsim enthusiats from all over the planet gathered to discuss their fantastic hobby. I'm using AVSIM now for more than five years and everyday it is offline something is missing for me.I am sure that the AVSIM team does its utmost to bring the library back online as fast as possible. And the very emotional colouring of many postings here shows me, how important and needed this library for our community is. Flightsim without AVSIM is unthinkable for me and - I think at least - for so many other flightsimmers around the world.So we should stop arguing and accept different points of view without naughty and agressive comments. The large majority of the people here knows how great the effort is, that the AVSIM team puts into this vital piece of software every day and the large majority of the community knows the value of AVSIM.Let's keep our fingers crossed that the library will be online again soon and stop these useless insults on both sides.RegardsChris