Sign in to follow this  
JP_Visser

The Propliners Collection

Liked the review but felt I had to comment on a few items.#1 : there is another Dash 8 package,built by Majestic Software/Oleksiy Frolov,and it is really good,blows all the others out of the water,as far as I'm concerned.(I know it's my opinion only,but well,get it,and fly it,you'll understand why I love it with passion)#2 :The reason they do not have an autothrottle is most likely because they don't have one in real life.The Dash 8 doesn't,the IAS button on the glareshield only serves to adjust pitch to holda certain airspeed when climbing,it does not hold the speed in other flight regimes,as far as I know.Being similar in size,I'd expect that to be true for the Saab 340 as well,if only for the fact you'll have tothink about more then just advance the throttles,I.E the prop rpm's need to be regulated as well.As for the twin otter,it's a working man's plane,no wonder it doesn't have one,which also may befor the reason stated above.other then that,nice reading,I enjoyed it,so thank you.cheersJP.

Guest phileas

Well written review, but why wast time reviewing garbage like this when no-ones even done the PMDG Jetstream yet?

Liked the review but felt I had to comment on a few items.#1 : there is another Dash 8 package,built by Majestic Software/Oleksiy Frolov,and it is really good,blows all the others out of the water,as far as I'm concerned.(I know it's my opinion only,but well,get it,and fly it,you'll understand why I love it with passion)#2 :The reason they do not have an autothrottle is most likely because they don't have one in real life.The Dash 8 doesn't,the IAS button on the glareshield only serves to adjust pitch to holda certain airspeed when climbing,it does not hold the speed in other flight regimes,as far as I know.Being similar in size,I'd expect that to be true for the Saab 340 as well,if only for the fact you'll have tothink about more then just advance the throttles,I.E the prop rpm's need to be regulated as well.As for the twin otter,it's a working man's plane,no wonder it doesn't have one,which also may befor the reason stated above.other then that,nice reading,I enjoyed it,so thank you.cheersJP.
Thanks, its always nice to hear people like to read you stuff. As for the autothrottle: For me this was an introduction to turboprop aircraft. Although I own the Flight1 ATR, I have actually never really flown it, because there are so many other planes to fly. I didn't realise these planes usually don't have autothrottle, but now I do know that's usually the case. Concerning the Dash-8, that's right, its only afterwards that I thought "Damn, forgot to mention that one...". However, it

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Agree,I wasn't sure IF you knew so I thought I'd toss it in,butseeing you d

I see now I mixed your post up with that of phileas, sorry for that! My question was actually directed at phileas, as you probably assumed.I plan to fly the ATR all the time, but just can't find the time. I have these reviews to do now, and otherwise I usually hang around jetliners. Most liveries I fly simple do not use the ATR, but Boeing aircraft.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I have to agree with Jan, I have been using the Majestic Dash 8 and it is an excellent product (which is even available in a professional trainer package, I believe). There are also a number of nice repaints available.As for the DHC 6 in the package, I found the freeware model by Eric Dantes and Mauricio Illanes to be much better.So, I deinstalled the Aerosim package even though I did like the Saab 340 and the Dash 8..Cheers,Sascha

Well written review, but why wast time reviewing garbage like this when no-ones even done the PMDG Jetstream yet?
PMDG Jetstream review is currently in progress. We try to review as much material that has been released as possible. We don't differential between the good, the bad or the ugly products, as all developers deserve equal exposure for their hard work.

I have to agree with Jan, I have been using the Majestic Dash 8 and it is an excellent product (which is even available in a professional trainer package, I believe). There are also a number of nice repaints available.As for the DHC 6 in the package, I found the freeware model by Eric Dantes and Mauricio Illanes to be much better.So, I deinstalled the Aerosim package even though I did like the Saab 340 and the Dash 8..Cheers,Sascha
I don't know this package, I'm afraid. I did a small search for it, and while I do agree the passenger cabin is nicer, I think the actual cockpit is better in the Aerosim version (more 3D stuff, etc.). How is the panel simulation of the model you mention? (It's always nice to have a knowledge of FS models, even though I'm pretty much trying to leave FS2004 now, and I hope to get my hands on the Aerosoft DHC-6 soon).

Benjamin van Soldt

I don't know this package, I'm afraid. I did a small search for it, and while I do agree the passenger cabin is nicer, I think the actual cockpit is better in the Aerosim version (more 3D stuff, etc.). How is the panel simulation of the model you mention? (It's always nice to have a knowledge of FS models, even though I'm pretty much trying to leave FS2004 now, and I hope to get my hands on the Aerosoft DHC-6 soon).
The panel is soso,the VC is soso too by todays standards,I've bought it and I did modify a few things because of flyability in the sim,but believe me,there is to this day nobody that has gotten closer toreplicating a Dash 8 in FS2004 or FSX (it is available for both sims)to name but a few working things : the FMS on it is very accurate and can be updated via Navigraph,the sounds are really great,you can hear your props go into ground or flight idle,the overhead works as it should,one can use a checklist and do it like the pro's do it,It flies like a dream either on autopilot or handflying (which I prefer for landings as it has a really great HUD),you can get a merge for the dreamwings -100 model which enables even smaller airports to be visited,in short,it's my preferred ride of choice these days,even though it's not jump in and fly.To get a taste of it,download the freeware fanda dash 8,listen to those sounds,fly that,and if you are into this kind of planes the urge to get the majestic offering will come.as I said,I only regret not buying it sooner,as it is for me the perfect planeto fly online,and the fun is,you need to fly it,it isn't a 737 where you flick the a/p on andsit back.cheersJP.

This is the Majestic Dash-8 you are referring to, right? I actually was referring to the freeware DHC-6 mentioned earlier in this thread. But yes, for all I can see, the modeling isn't that great, but I hear how great the panel is. Rumor is that PMDG will be doing a Dash-8, probably for FSX only.

Benjamin van Soldt

This is the Majestic Dash-8 you are referring to, right? I actually was referring to the freeware DHC-6 mentioned earlier in this thread. But yes, for all I can see, the modeling isn't that great, but I hear how great the panel is. Rumor is that PMDG will be doing a Dash-8, probably for FSX only.
Right,the Dash 8 ... as for the Twin Otter,the freeware Dante craft is really good.Try his Baron as well,nice little plane it is.The Premier Twin Otter designs aren't all that bad either.As I understand it,PMDG'll be doing the Dash 8-400 yes.Majestic is doing that as well,and they might do it for FS9 as well,I'm keeping my fingers crossed as I'm not moving to FSX anytime soon,still,a Dash 8 in PMDG quality wouldn't be that much different from onein Majestic Software quality,so it'd be a hard choice.cheersJP.

I tried the PAD DHC-6, but I disliked it a lot. In my opinion the Aerosim model is superior to the PAD one. The Dante DHC-6 I can't remember even seeing, I'll check it out. Could you point me to a download site where I can get it?

Benjamin van Soldt

I tried the PAD DHC-6, but I disliked it a lot. In my opinion the Aerosim model is superior to the PAD one. The Dante DHC-6 I can't remember even seeing, I'll check it out. Could you point me to a download site where I can get it?
You can get it on avsim + some nice repaints by searching for "mauricio illanes".Cheers,Sascha

You can get it on avsim + some nice repaints by searching for "mauricio illanes".Cheers,Sascha
Kinda tough to do Sasha, since the Library is not functioning at present.