Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BeaconSlash

FSX Nil Aircraft

Hi there,I'm looking for a "nil" aircraft to use in FSX for pure slew/screenshot purposes. Essentially, from a Top Down and/or external view, I don't want to have any form of aircraft visible.Is there an "aircraft" to download to accomplish this, or can I do this within FSX? Thanks!~Nate

I suppose if all textures were converted over to be totally transparent it would be possible.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hi there,I'm looking for a "nil" aircraft to use in FSX for pure slew/screenshot purposes. Essentially, from a Top Down and/or external view, I don't want to have any form of aircraft visible.Is there an "aircraft" to download to accomplish this, or can I do this within FSX? Thanks!~Nate
Not invisible but really thin is an aircraft used to place scenery objects with Rwy12. It is actually a crosshair. Not sure if it works with FSX since it is a FS9 model. Perhaps it is small enough for your job.http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=73331Ciao, Sergio

There is a way to do this built in, but it takes a bit of work to setup. First you have to add ", Viewer" to the end of the "User Objects" line in the ESP.CFG file. Then you have to setup a SimObject container that references the "Viewer" category from its SIM.CFG file. Then you can select that SimObject as your user aircraft and it will have no visual model.Tim

There is a way to do this built in, but it takes a bit of work to setup. First you have to add ", Viewer" to the end of the "User Objects" line in the ESP.CFG file. Then you have to setup a SimObject container that references the "Viewer" category from its SIM.CFG file. Then you can select that SimObject as your user aircraft and it will have no visual model.Tim
Tim, I'm assuming you meant to type FSX.cfg file, right? :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Many Thanks to All That Donated To Our Server Drive!