Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IanHarrison

FSX interruption

I am running FSX on Windows 7. It is running better than XP except that during flight the program is updating itself "on-screen". In otherwords, you can be on approach, when suddenly the screen drops to " loading scenery" or whatever and you have no control or picture until that has finished.It is only for a second or two but not good on finals!It didn't happen before. Is it a setting of some sort?

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as P3D home. GTX 1080 8gb.

What are your system specs and what other add ons are you running?

Windows 7 Professional 64bit; P3DV4, ASP4, REXSF, UTL, ProATCx 

I7-4790k @ 4.4; Asus Maximus Formula VII; Asus Strix GTX 1080ti; 16GB G.Skill Trident X DDR3 2400; Corsair H110; EVGA Supernova 1000P2, Single 32" 4k Monitor 

Save a Life: adopt a retired racing greyhound

I am running FSX on Windows 7. It is running better than XP except that during flight the program is updating itself "on-screen". In otherwords, you can be on approach, when suddenly the screen drops to " loading scenery" or whatever and you have no control or picture until that has finished.It is only for a second or two but not good on finals!It didn't happen before. Is it a setting of some sort?
IanA couple off the wall:1) Ensure that you do not have "pause on task switch" ticked that can cause issues on some machines.2) If you have FSUIPC4 installed if you have "Keep FS Clock Synchronised" selected, it can cause the sort of behaviour that you have described.There may well be other solutions for this issue! :( Good luckPeterH

IanA couple off the wall:1) Ensure that you do not have "pause on task switch" ticked that can cause issues on some machines.2) If you have FSUIPC4 installed if you have "Keep FS Clock Synchronised" selected, it can cause the sort of behaviour that you have described.There may well be other solutions for this issue! :( Good luckPeterH
Hi Ian, I'd follow 1 and 2 ^^^ first, but another possibility might be if you have mistakenly assigned a keyboard/controller button for "refresh scenery" in the FSX controller settings menu. Luck!

Regards, Kendall