Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest TonyPiech

New Computer With Win7

Kinda a basic type question, but I'm suffering a brain fart. What's the install sequence to bring FSX up to date on a new Win7 computer. I've got the original Disk of FSX, and the FSX Acceleration Disk. I believe it's1. Install FSX2. Install SP 13. Install AccelerationJust need a confirmation, or am I missing a step?/s/ Tony

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Kinda a basic type question, but I'm suffering a brain fart. What's the install sequence to bring FSX up to date on a new Win7 computer. I've got the original Disk of FSX, and the FSX Acceleration Disk. I believe it's1. Install FSX2. Install SP 13. Install AccelerationJust need a confirmation, or am I missing a step?/s/ Tony
Seems ok to me.

I think it is:1) install FSX, reboot2) Run FSX, reboot3) install Acceleration, reboot4) run accelaration, rebootI don't think you need to install SP1 or SP2 if you have the acceleration disc, but you need to run FSX once before installing any service packs or acceleration. But I would wait for someone to confirm what I said. And then if you wnat the SDKs it gets even more confusing.

Acceleration contains SP1 and SP2 so no need for a separate install.This is the proper install sequence:1. Install FSX from the DVD, load up the sim and load up the default flight2. Exit the sim and reboot3. Install Acceleration from the DVD, again load up the sim and load up the default flight.4. Exit the sim and reboot.5. You're done.It is recommended to install FSX in it's own folder (called FSX for example) at the root of your C (or other) drive.

Why take the chance that you don't? A whole 2 reboots is not exactly a mission and it is what is recommeded in Nick N's guide...

Guys, is installing the SDK's necessary, I thought that it might be so because some of the add-ons that I may be running, i.e., ASX, PMDG-747, My Traffic, etc. ?Tony

Guys, is installing the SDK's necessary? Tony
No, it is not. Not for any addon I have ever come across at least.