Sign in to follow this  
hmar

FS2002 16 bit corruption problem still in FS2004??

Many people have this problem -- as shown in the attached picture.When operating the 2D panel in full screen mode with writing on the screen ( like FPS indication) , AA and 16 bit selected - the lower part of the panel corrupts. Sometimes it happens all the time and sometimes it occurs intermittantly. The only solution to the problem so far published is to not use AA or to run in 32 bit.Personally for my system, I like to use AA and 32 bits is very expensive on FPS.So -- can anybody please indicate if this problem remains in FS2004?Thanks Barry

The only other possible solution which I think works is to not have the red text such as parking brake or pause etc show up. Do a search and you may find that also.Sean

Guest Ian Ritchie

Resize the ATC window and put it over the required section of the panel..Hope it dissapears too...

Another workaround is to pull down the scenery frame all the way to the bottom of the screen (after closing or moving the panel..)It is the part of the panel that does not have scenery "behind it" that gets corrupted..

Bert

Thanks for the input so far -- but I am not looking for a "solution" to the problem in FS2002 - I already know that!! :)What I am trying to find out if if the problem stll exists in FS2004.Barry

Guest kilo_sierra17

If the problem happens when using 16BIT color, then why do you not just use 32BIT?

Guest jason2112

Performance is one aspect, the old "1600x1200x32 not available in the options menu" is another one (you can edit this in fs2002.cfg, but every time you change any display options, the resolution is set to 640x480x16). I would really be interested in a proper answer to this question as well ... please :)VOlker :]

Guest kilo_sierra17

I have tried using 16BIT color and I noticed no perforamnce difference at all, that may be different for some people.

Newer videocards typically have the same or better performance at 32bit as they do in 16bit mode. If you have a Geforce2 or earlies, 32bit mode may be a little bit slower than 16bit mode. If you still have a Geforce2 or earlier, then it's time to upgrade :)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest JonP01

>Newer videocards typically have the same or better>performance at 32bit as they do in 16bit mode. If you have a>Geforce2 or earlies, 32bit mode may be a little bit slower>than 16bit mode. If you still have a Geforce2 or earlier, then>it's time to upgrade :)Yes, I've noticed on cards from the Ti4200 and upwards, there is pretty much no difference in performance between 16 and 32 bit colour. otoh, the visuals of 16 bit are pretty poor imo. The dawn and dusk sky in FS2002, for example look particularly unappealing in 16 bit colour. The sky gets funny "water marks" all over it that look like these:@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Guest hma

Hi,I have a Nvidia GTS and AA doesn't work in 32 bit mode, so I use 16 bit mode. I have a low level system (1 Ghz) but the picture is as good, and sometimes much better as most that are published on this forums, but fps isn't that high (8 - 18 fps). So if there is a solution, even for fs2002, I am interessed. BTW I had a solution by adding an additional text row to the aircraft.cfg but I have lost it after a new installation. It had something to do with "3D" ?hm

Guest JonP01

You are not thinking of the "render_3D_Window=1" parameter are you? That's in the panel.cfg file.

Guest Douglas K

>Thanks for the input so far -- but I am not looking for a "solution" to the problem in FS2002 - I already know that!! What I am trying to find out if if the problem stll exists in FS2004.BTW I had a solution by adding an additional text row to the aircraft.cfg but I have lost it after a new installation. It had something to do with "3D"?

Thank you, guys. That is the command row I was looking for!hm