Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Drumcode

FSX AI

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I use fs9. When flying heavies, I always use high altitude jet ways, and have plenty of AI up there with me flying the same routes...so I don't think fs9 is GPS direct only.

I thought FS9 was only direct GPS. I'm asking if in FSX it's possible for the AI aircraft to fly from one waypoint to another to reach its destination.

I thought FS9 was only direct GPS. I'm asking if in FSX it's possible for the AI aircraft to fly from one waypoint to another to reach its destination.
From what I know Ultimate Traffic 2 is the only AI package that the AI actually flies using waypoints.

that's correct.Ultimate traffic 2 uses the waypoint method.All other traffic uses the great circle route and flies directly point to point up to the arrival where it will get instructions from ATC.Those instructions do not map to the SID and STAR procedures used in real life.

that's correct.Ultimate traffic 2 uses the waypoint method.All other traffic uses the great circle route and flies directly point to point up to the arrival where it will get instructions from ATC.Those instructions do not map to the SID and STAR procedures used in real life.
Do you have any plans to change the way your flight plans are designed in the future or do I have to go the payware route to get the waypoint method?

Do you have any plans to change the way your flight plans are designed in the future or do I have to go the payware route to get the waypoint method?
At the moment we don't have any plans to change the way we are using the flightplans.So if you want to use the waypoint method you will have to resort to payware