Sign in to follow this  
texxasal

A plea for help diagnosing a scenery problem

Over the course of time, I have developed a condition in my FS9 scenery environment (either base level or ADDON scenery). I have somehow created a "death zone" which, when I attempt to access the area either in flight, or by starting within the area, causes FS9 to CTD with no message. Everywhere else works fine, with no errors or problems. What I am trying to do is "map" a geographic location to determine which scenery (BGL) files reference it. If I can determine which scenery files are applicable to a given geographic location, I will be able to eliminate or correct the offending element. This "death zone" encompasses several square miles of real estate, including approx 4-5 different airports. Anyone who can point me in the direction of such a tool/process/procedure/?? will earn my eternal gratitude. I fell this is something which others have encountered previously, and hope it's just a matter of finding the "correct wrench" for the job.Thanks again for your time.

Over the course of time, I have developed a condition in my FS9 scenery environment (either base level or ADDON scenery). I have somehow created a "death zone" which, when I attempt to access the area either in flight, or by starting within the area, causes FS9 to CTD with no message.
The forums are full of posts about CTDs like this. I suggest you do a search as there is no point starting yet another thread about the same thing. I experienced exactly what you describe some years ago and wasted weeks of my life trying to find a solution. I ended up re-installing FS9. My advice is to check through the most common causes of CTDs e.g. duplicate AFCADs. If you fail to identify the problem fairly quickly, re-install.

Supporter.png

John

The forums are full of posts about CTDs like this. I suggest you do a search as there is no point starting yet another thread about the same thing. I experienced exactly what you describe some years ago and wasted weeks of my life trying to find a solution. I ended up re-installing FS9. My advice is to check through the most common causes of CTDs e.g. duplicate AFCADs. If you fail to identify the problem fairly quickly, re-install.
It sounds like you have multipule AF2's installed. There is a little program (I can't remember the name ) that will search out the errant dogs and you can keep the ones you want.Joe W.

The best fs9 tool is lwmviewer2 http://www.jimkeir.co.uk/FlightSim/LWMViewer2.zipIt will find the terrain and fs9-format object files for a location. If you have scenery done with fs2k2 or prior methods, it won't find those, and I don't know of any good tool that will search those out. Airport for Windows could read some files that are airport related, but not a generalized lat/long position. scott s..