Sign in to follow this  
Bonkster

CYHZ - Halifax, Nova Scotia - a remarkable scenery find!

I came across this delightful little scenery package for CYHZ Halifax, Nova Scotia and after looking at the previews, decided to go ahead and give it a whirl!http://www.simaddons.com/pages/simaddons_addons.htmScreenshots are here: http://www.simaddons.com/pages/simaddons_preview1.htmIt is positively stunning! Excellent frames, outstanding detail, and not only do you get CYHZ, but CYQY (Sidney) and CYQI (Yarmouth) are included as well! I think it's well worth the price - $44.99 CDN (about $42.00 USD)It makes for a great short hop destination to/from the new FlyTampa KBOS scenery with the new Feelthere ERJ v2! I HIGHLY recommend it! :( - Alex

I have them and like them very much !!! plus support is top notch...Enjoy !Alain from Montreal

Those add-ons make me want to move to Canada for all my flying. Most excellent!!

I've just bought it but will i receive a download link or a DVD. The only thing i have is a receipt from Genesix AG.Thanks and regardsReal

I've just bought it but will i receive a download link or a DVD. The only thing i have is a receipt from Genesix AG.Thanks and regardsReal
L'maire

Real Deraps

I've just bought it but will i receive a download link or a DVD. The only thing i have is a receipt from Genesix AG.Thanks and regardsRealL'maire
You'll get a download link...

It is positively stunning! Excellent frames, outstanding detail, and not only do you get CYHZ, but CYQY (Sidney) and CYQI (Yarmouth) are included as well! I think it's well worth the price - $44.99 CDN (about $42.00 USD)It makes for a great short hop destination to/from the new FlyTampa KBOS scenery with the new Feelthere ERJ v2! I HIGHLY recommend it! :( - Alex
Alex, I agree it is excellent and as I visited Yarmouth, my home town, last May I can vouch for the accuracy of CYQI.I'll be looking out for anything these folks produce in the future.Gary :(

Alex, I agree it is excellent and as I visited Yarmouth, my home town, last May I can vouch for the accuracy of CYQI.I'll be looking out for anything these folks produce in the future.Gary :(
Having flown my own plane into Halifax for the first time just this past summer, I can say they have done an incredible job with it! I got the same feeling on approach in the sim as I did in the cockpit of my SR-22 this summer (except that I had my lovely wife beside me in the cockpit in real life! LOL!)I will definitely buy more of whatever they decide to produce! It's a shame, though, that they haven't gotten more attention.. but hopefully they will become better known!

Guest BionicCrab

Those who get it please let us know of FPS-friendliness. 45 bux is nothing for my hometown :)

Those who get it please let us know of FPS-friendliness. 45 bux is nothing for my hometown :)
It's also my hometown and I bought the scenery. I can tell you it's extremely detailed,so as you can imagine it's a bit hard on the FPS.But with compromises you can get good results.The city is very well modelled.I would also recommend getting the Small airports addon for it,adds tons of airports in Nova Scotia.Richard

Guest BionicCrab

Sounds good... It can't be any worse than those mega airports by FSDT or Aerosoft now could it? I just love how he put the extra detail in the lights leading up to the runway. Such a key feature of that airport!

I get about 30fps with it... it's surprisingly smooth considering the amount of detail! You'll be pleasantly surprised!

Guest BionicCrab

Well I caved... honestly for 45 bux CAD.. what's there to think about especially if you're from this area. I fly back all the time on VATSIM, now I'll just have even more reason to. I would have got the airport pack but I'm not a GA guy at all. Closest thing to GA for me is the PMDG Turbo Prop :)

Guest BionicCrab

One landing on Runway 14 at CYHZ was enough... I bought the other airports. And yeah the framerates are as good as they get for any addon airport.

Hi Folks: Do any of you folks know if this remarkable scenery is compatible with Ultimate Terrain X ? - Roger

Guest BionicCrab

It uses it's own DEM and Texture so if you have it as a higher priority it should be fine.