Sign in to follow this  
Bonkster

CYHZ - Halifax, Nova Scotia - a remarkable scenery find!

I got this add on a while ago and I amazed at the detail and the accuracy of Robert L. Stanfield Halifax International Airport (CYHZ) as well as the city and surrounding areas. Installation is straight forward.

I was also awestruck by one of the smaller airports, namely Stanley, NS (CCW4). I flew out of Stanley years ago and, in fact, helped in the building of one of the hangars. The wonderful graphics and details at this airport are bang on. I highly recommend this add on, it's worth every penny and you won't be disappointed. Simaddons are good folks to deal with too.

I got this add on a while ago and I amazed at the detail and the accuracy of Robert L. Stanfield Halifax International Airport (CYHZ) as well as the city and surrounding areas. Installation is straight forward.

I was also awestruck by one of the smaller airports, namely Stanley, NS (CCW4). I flew out of Stanley years ago and, in fact, helped in the building of one of the hangars. The wonderful graphics and details at this airport are bang on. I highly recommend this add on, it's worth every penny and you won't be disappointed. Simaddons are good folks to deal with too.

I've known Ralph for 4 years and always supported him. Not many people are making quality sceneries for Canada so it's really great to have him. He also keeps the sceneries up to date.

I was also awestruck by one of the smaller airports, namely Stanley, NS (CCW4). I flew out of Stanley years ago and, in fact, helped in the building of one of the hangars. The wonderful graphics and details at this airport are bang on. I highly recommend this add on, it's worth every penny and you won't be disappointed. Simaddons are good folks to deal with too.

I've known Ralph for 4 years and always supported him. Not many people are making quality sceneries for Canada so it's really great to have him. He also keeps the sceneries up to date.

Somebody is getting paid too pump up some over priced scenery...me thinks.

Im from Indiana, and while Tony Bennett may have left his heart in San Francisco, I left mine in Halifax years ago. Been there several times, and to Nova Scotia itself many times. It's my favorite place to visit (will even occasionally look into a short-term apartment rental now that Im retired). Ive even sailed out of Lunenburg a couple of times on a tall ship.

Glad to see someone making an effort to get FSX-ers up there.

Funny, but most people down here think the Maritimes, as with all of Canada, has six feet of snow 10 months of the year and its 5 below for eleven months.

OK, thats enough of blowing my horn for the Maritimes ....

I live in Halifax so can vouch for the accuracy. Great scenery and top notch support. I have most of the Simaddon scenery and will generally buy anything they make. 

As I posted in another thread on the subject of Simaddon's Calgary, the quality of this scenery is very good (although not what I would describe as being in the top echelon). However, having experienced the CYHZ base pack, I have been sufficiently pleased with it to go ahead and purchase virtually all the Simaddon airports for Eastern Canada, a decision that I have not regretted.

And I too am not getting paid to say this!

I have nothing to do with Simaddons and have never had any contact with the developer. I'm just a very keen flightsimmer and scenery junkie who likes to have good quality airports to fly to in various regions of the world.

Bill

And isn't Halifax where they filmed "The Trailer Park Boys"?

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument