Sign in to follow this  
rjsagel

JS41 FMS problem

I can confirm that if you load TUTORIAL1 at KPHN - the aircraft is not in full cold&dark - the FMS works so it is not a font problem.Of course this is a way to not having the aircraft grounded but it takes a boring long time to move from an airport to another.RegardsSchmid
DO you load the tutorial directly from the FSX main interface or do you load a default flight first? One time I managed to have the FMS working by loading the the Tutorial directly form the main FSX interface. But then the next time it failed again...Regards,Louis-Philippe

Didn't work for me :( Otto
Hello,When I started this thread, PMDG helped me for about 2-3 days. The FMS never worked after each suggested fix. There is a definite problem here.My only real gripe is that there is no recognition from PMDG that there is a problem. We all seem to have tried the "font" fix but that is not the problem.I will not use this addon again until PMDG has a fix for this. I have gone back to the Majestic Dash 8 - works 100% in both FSX and FS9.Cheers,Ron Sagel

Ron,I wrote an email last week and hope to get some response, when holidays are over. :( What I found out so far (for me):- FMS NEVER works, when I load my default flight and then load the tutorial- FMS WORKS when I NOT load the default flight (regarding whatever aircraft I use as default), but just choose the BAe41, use any airport and start flying.I now setup a flight at my homebase saved this flight and load it when I fly. The only thing that drives me cracy: I dont' get the aircraft saved cold and dark. Every time I shut down all systems (as mentioned in the AOM) save the flight and load it again, some systems are running. :(

DO you load the tutorial directly from the FSX main interface or do you load a default flight first? One time I managed to have the FMS working by loading the the Tutorial directly form the main FSX interface. But then the next time it failed again...Regards,Louis-Philippe
That's exactly the point: Loading the tutorial flight as described in the manual FMS NEVER worked. If you load this flight from the beginning, it works, but the aircraft is not cold and dark.

That's exactly the point: Loading the tutorial flight as described in the manual FMS NEVER worked. If you load this flight from the beginning, it works, but the aircraft is not cold and dark.
If I load tutorial flight from FSX main screen it works but it is not in cold and dark.Schmid

ummm, I was thinking of buying the JS41 while waiting for the Dash8. After seeing this thread, I will wait until resolution is found by PMDG. Sure, some systems work fine..it appears, but then again some don't. Fix may turn out to be something very simple, let's hope so.Regards and good luck guys

Geoff Bryce

Guys,I've asked Ernie to take a look at the recent posts in this thread and see if he has any ideas, but I want to make something clear here: I just tried every method of loading the aircraft mentioned in this thread, ALL of them work perfectly for me and result in the FMS coming on just fine. This tells me there is something going on specific to a few of your systems. We have many thousands of users of this aircraft and there's only a handful of you reporting this issue. We have a lot of experience supporting product releases and believe me, if this was a widespread issue, we'd have heard about it here and via email. People don't stay silent when what they bought doesn't work.Question:Have any of you done a full uninstall and reinstall of FSX + SP2/Acceleration with no addons and then ONLY installed the J41? I'm curious to see if anyone can reproduce this on a "vanilla" FSX install. If there's a conflict with another addon or something like that, this is how you find it. Get it working in the vanilla config, then start adding things, testing after each to see which one causes it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi!Well I usually stay silent, cause most problems are solved by the release of a SP after some time. :( But in this case I'll just let you know, that I seem to experience the same problem.And it remebers me a bit about the OOM errors I had with FS9. Because once I can't start the FMC the only way to get it back seems to bea complete reboot of my PC. I'll then have to start a new flight and load the tutorial flight. Then I can start the FMC with no problems.Just closing FSX and restart it doesn't seem to solve the problem for me.I hope to find some time to start some more in depth tests. I'm using FSX with Acceleration.And btw. I just recently ran into the flying north problem described in this thread: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=264373When the FMC is working correclty ofcourse. Maby those problems are related, as it seems to be a quite rare problem too? Greetings,Norbert Caspar

Guys,I've asked Ernie to take a look at the recent posts in this thread and see if he has any ideas, but I want to make something clear here: I just tried every method of loading the aircraft mentioned in this thread, ALL of them work perfectly for me and result in the FMS coming on just fine. This tells me there is something going on specific to a few of your systems. We have many thousands of users of this aircraft and there's only a handful of you reporting this issue. We have a lot of experience supporting product releases and believe me, if this was a widespread issue, we'd have heard about it here and via email. People don't stay silent when what they bought doesn't work.Question:Have any of you done a full uninstall and reinstall of FSX + SP2/Acceleration with no addons and then ONLY installed the J41? I'm curious to see if anyone can reproduce this on a "vanilla" FSX install. If there's a conflict with another addon or something like that, this is how you find it. Get it working in the vanilla config, then start adding things, testing after each to see which one causes it.
Hi Ryan,I understand that it is very difficult to track down an issue like this. But that issue reported by the users here and how it appears, is always the same: none of us is able to load the tutorial and power up the FMS, but it works as soon as you load it from the start (but then no cold and dark). Seems to me the old "complex aircraft problem". But this could be solved by loading a default flight first, not working in this case.To answer your questions: I did not a complete uninstall of FSX incl. all addons, SPs.... I uninstalled the BAe41, uninstalled FSX AccPack did a reboot started FSX, installed the AccPack, reboot, start FSX, installed the BAe41, reboot, start FSX, ending up in the same problem. Starting with a "vanilla" FSX is not an option for me, as it would take more then a day for me to reinstall all the addons.I will do this within the next days because I'm setting up a new PC, problem here, it won't be comparable with my actual system, especially, as I'm switching from XP 32bit to Win7 64bit.Another question from my side:What "Default Flight" situation are you using? I'm technically not so deep iinvolved in FSX, but problem seems to me that something happens/changes when you load the tutorial ("no FMS" problem) or loading the tutorial (or a saved flight with the BAe41) from the start ("not cold and dark" problem).OttoPS: What I forgot to ask: What addon could cause the troubles? Sceneries? I can't believe that. Other aircrafts? I don't believe it too, because somehow you get the FMS to work. Other tools? I only toll I'm using is FSUIPC Ver. 4.53 (licensed version).

Hi, RyanI have some add-ons, including 747 and MD-11 and all of them work perfectly, including FSX itself which is very stable on my rig. I don't have CTD's or any other problem since my last reinstall.A full reinstall is not on my plans for the next weeks, as it will take me too many hours, and I'm a little be afraid of not having this stable instalation I have now.Well, I'll try a full uninstall/reinstall of JS41 and let you know.RegardsSchmid

Guys,I don't use any kind of special default flight, my FSX loads up with the ultralight on the Create a Flight screen. PMDG does not require the use of a "complex aircraft" initialization flight or whatever Flight1 has up for download - the panel performs initialization stuff automatically when it's loaded. (this applies to the MD-11 and 744 too) What has always worked for me if I want the plane cold and dark is loading it up from Create a Flight at whatever airport/gate I want and then going through the shut down and securing checks. You can create a saved flight that will give you the cold and dark airplane without going through all of that after doing this.Do note that you can't load the cold and dark saved flight from the Create a Flight menu - you have to first go into the sim (I use the default 172) and then load the saved flight from there. It's a weird quirk, but the sim actually needs to be running for it to work correctly.Another question: if you guys select the the J41 from Create a Flight and then load the sim, does the FMS turn on when the plane loads? (All systems should be on, engines running etc.)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

RyanThank you for your patience.I have good news: I completely removed JS41, including references on [trusted] section of fsx.cfg file. I did NOT removed information on Windows Registry.I reinstalled JS41 (default). Then I opened default Cessna at an airport in cold&dark state. Changed to JS41 and made a quick test, specially turning on FMS: it worked fine.Then I closed FSX and installed SP1 repeating procedures above: VOIL

Another question: if you guys select the the J41 from Create a Flight and then load the sim, does the FMS turn on when the plane loads? (All systems should be on, engines running etc.)
Yes, then the FMS can be turned on.

Ok - Ernie may need a few volunteers to test a possible fix for this. I'll let you guys know when we have something...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Guest jannaslund

Hi,It seems that most people reporting this problem are using XP. I just wanted to say that i have the same problem and i am running Vista.I have FSX-SP2, no Acceleration & no other addons. Best Rgs / Jan